- Size (LWH): 3.54 inches, 2.32 inches, 0.45 inches
- Weight: 2.72 ounces
- Network Compatibility: GSM
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 480 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 9 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Samsung SCH-LC11 Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot (Verizon Wireless)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Wireless broadband connectivity via the Verizon Wireless 3G and 4G LTE mobile networks (4G where available)
- Download 20 photos in a minute or a song in just four seconds via 4G LTE--10 times faster than 3G
- Connect up to 5 Wi-Fi-enabled devices simultaneously--including laptops, gaming devices, cameras, tablets, and more
- Supports Wireless-N Wi-Fi (802.11n); rechargeable battery for up to 3.6 hours of use
- What's in the Box: hotspot modem, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, quick start guide
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Take advantage of Verizon's new 4G LTE network--no matter what brand of phone, tablet or laptop you use. At just under 3 ounces, it's small and portable and it fits easily in a purse, pocket, or briefcase. With this device, you can provide Wi-Fi access to up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices. It's like having an office on the road, with enough connecting power to provide a whole team of co-workers with reliable Wi-Fi access.
Small enough to fit in your pocket, the Samsung 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot from Verizon Wireless is powerful enough to bring the Internet to your whole family wherever your wireless phone works--no cables required. Just power it on and instantly connect up to five Wi–Fi–enabled devices.
And with the power of Verizon 4G LTE, your connection is faster than ever. You can download 20 photos in a minute or a song in just four seconds--10 times faster than downloading over a 3G network. You can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas. In markets not currently served by Verizon 4G LTE, the Samsung SCH-LC11 mobile hotspot will connect with Verizon Wireless' 3G network.
You can plug the Samsung 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot into a wall outlet with the included AC adapter, or power it via the internal rechargeable battery, which provides up to 3.6 hours of Wi-Fi usage (9 hours of standby time).
Take advantage of Verizon's new 4G LTE network--no matter what brand of phone, tablet or laptop you use.
Connects with Up to Five Wi-Fi Enabled Devices
With this device, you can provide Wi-Fi access to up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices. It's like having an office on the road, with enough connecting power to provide a whole team of co-workers with reliable Wi-Fi access.
At just under 3 ounces, it's small and portable and it fits easily in a purse, pocket, or briefcase. No more lugging a brick-sized gizmo around to stay connected.
- Connects with up to five Wi–Fi enabled devices
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi compatibility (802.11b/g/n)
- USB port for charging only
- Dimensions: 3.54 x 2.32 x 0.45 inches (WxHxD)
- Weight: 2.7 ounces
- Battery: 1500 mAH for up to 216 minutes of Wi-Fi usage
What's in the Box
Mobile hotspot device, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, quick start guide
Top Customer Reviews
Samsung did a great job on the device, and it solves some real needs. However, people may be looking for a 12 or even 24 hour 4G solution (like those of us in rural areas!) may want to realize the service is not fully continous/stable.
Over two days I tested the system for twelve hours straight, running a business level VPN, and although it had a couple brief service gaps that caused my VPN to drop (the VPN was easily restarted), it mostly held up. On one occaision I had to restart the hotspot (it had signal but no internet traffic). The restart restored service quickly.
I have heard of some people having an incompatible VPN, but mine worked fine. Webex and email, as well as file share access was all very good, with excellent performance (other than the two VPN drops).
The other problem/limitation occurs when you use the device for an extended period of time - it turns itself off. What appears to happen is the charging rate (with a 110v adapter) appears to be less than the consumption rate, so it slowly drags down the battery. I am turning the system off at night, giving the battery time to charge, then it runs for a day while plugged into power. After eight or ten hours you risk it reducing signal power and turning off.
This means a full time operation is not possible, and makes 12 hour availability problematic, but workable.
All of the above is after four days of testing. So, I continue to look for ways to make this very good device a bit more reliable in a continous use environment.
Every location is unique. Plan to test it in your area!
WOW! is right.
Verizon, is way a head of the game in the East Bay. As you can see I am getting faster speeds than many people even get on their home networks. Remarkable. I recommend going into the Verizon store in your area and do a Speed Test on one of their set up machines. This will give you an idea of what to expect in that area.
Only con I have noticed with the device, so far, is that when additional WIFI devices connect to the hotspot it occasionally drops the connection on one of the devices, causing me to have to reconnect. Other than that, the battery life seems reliable, though I have not clocked it yet.
1) It works better it you can keep it stationary, its fine in a car but while in the car dont move it around a lot. Give it room to breath. the more wide open space you can give it the better. So buried at the bottom of a purse is a bad idea
2) For not having an external antenna it gets a good signal but think of it this way, if you cant get a signal with your phone this isnt going to get a great signal either
3) Have your security settings to WPA2 (AES) this will work the best
4) I have not had a problem but many say to change the 30 min inactivity turn off (set it so it does not turn off automatically after 30 mins)
5) There is a detail app in itunes that lets you see more of the device without having to log into it. Search for "Hotspotsam" its free (sorry not andriod app that I could find)**Update 1/1/13: This app works will any hotspot that has an IP address of 192.168.1.1**
6) Because it does have an internal antenna go into the settings and look at the signal strengh. setting the device a certain way will result in a little better signal (every little bit helps)
7) UPDATE THE FIRMWARE (sorry this should be first)
8) This is personal preference plus your equip must support it. But switch the wireless settings to b/g/n, by default it was b/g. I only use "N" devices
9) Lastly set your wireless channel to either 1,6,or 11 (just know these are the only channels you should ever use). if you do choose to let it automatically choose your channel check to see if its on 1,6,11 if not that may be the cause of some of your troubles. You may have to change this if your in a crowded wifi area. There are free apps to let you know which channel is the less congested. Never be on a channel that is overlapping with another. being on the same channel as others is ok and normal, but overlapping channels are very bad
Hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to ask
I have done an extensive road test with this little device and it was excellent. I took a work road trip from cleveland, OH to louisville, KY and was able to stream netflix from a roku the whole drive down. It did die around the 4 hour mark but I had a back up battery and no fault of the unit but KY had some spotty areas for connection. (before the trip I checked verizons coverage map and KY does have dead spots.) So I would have to still say this was a great investment if (see below)
1) you buy it used not full price
2) and if you can get unlimited data, verizons tiered data plans are way over priced.
3) follow my above instructions