Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Samsung SM-R323NBKAXAR Gear Virtual Reality 2016 f...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 73% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Samsung SM-R323NBKAXAR Gear Virtual Reality 2016 for Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+ (International Version, No Warranty) - Black
|Price:||$36.29 & FREE Shipping. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Turn your compatible Samsung Galaxy smartphone into a completely portable and wireless virtual reality machine, with Accelerometer, Gyrometer, Proximity (Mount/Unmount Detection).
- Easy to use touch pad with dedicated Back and Home Buttons.
- Wide field of view, precise head-tracking and low latency brings reality to the virtual, Be transported to amazing new worlds, in games, video and images, Thousands of 360 degree panoramic photos.
- Compatible with: Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge (International Version - Product packaging and manual may be in a different language other than English).
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Take your adventures with you - The Gear VR turns your Samsung Galaxy smartphone¹ into a completely portable and wireless virtual reality machine by snapping your phone into the headset. The immersive Super AMOLED screen plus a powerful processor create vivid surroundings and movements so realistic, you’ll feel like you’ve been dropped right into the center of the action.
Top customer reviews
Great visibility, really immerses you in the environment
Tons of free pictures and videos from various companies (Samsung, Occulus, HTC, Facebook, NBC etc)
Surprisingly comfortable to wear. Watched Capt America and its like being in an imax theater. No physical issues.
Easy to use touchpad and directional buttons on side of unit. Pretty fluid.
Games are awesome (Try Tactera or EndSpace)
Since your phone is the primary hardware, you can connect to any BT audio source. (Can create minor overheating however).
Has a charger on bottom to plug in to power source so your phone stay's charged.
Drains your phones batteries quick if not plugged in
After a while, my eyes tend to strain as it can be like looking through a moving porthole on some apps
Not all games are 360 degree immersive
Games can be expensive and very few have trailers to sample the games.
Occulus's software UX is a bit cumbersome.
Games are still in infantile stage and some need a controller (however you can get one for as low as $20 on Amazon)
Not all headphone will allow insertion into the jack (My S7 is on the bottom). You may have to get an extension.
The cover wont close itself unless the phone input is set to accommodate a phablet (Note 5, 6, 7).
THE OVERHEATING ISSUE:
So when I first tried the VR, after 5 mins a warning came up that my phone was overheating. I ignored it and then it started to lag really bad. Super annoying.
After reading some forums, it's a common issue and very easy to fix.
1. Put phone on airplane mode and turn on wifi when at home. 4g data eats your ram and makes your gpu work harder.
2. Turn off BT and put in headphones. It doesn't have as drastic an effect as going to only wifi, but it helps.
3. Eliminate any background programs running. The more programs you have running, the harder your phones gpu has to work and the hotter it will get trying to manage all the processes.
Since I did this I've worn the VR for over two hours continuously and had no overheating notifications and very minimal lag.
This is the future of gaming and entertainment for sure. What would be great is if you could link VRs and watch movies or play games with other people.
Fantastic product, if you have some time and isolation to kill then watching movies in VR is 10x better than watching them on your phone. Games are not quite "there" in terms of the technology, and they'll overheat your phone quickly, so this is basically a Netflix and hulu accessory.
Again, no problems with the hardware, well-built and responsive. It's just crippled by a terrible proprietary VR software.
Most recent customer reviews
It comes with a usb-c charging...Read more