Samsung SM-R323NBKAXAR Gear Virtual Reality 2016 for Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+ (International Version, No Warranty) - Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Turn your compatible Samsung Galaxy smartphone into a completely portable and wireless virtual reality machine, with Accelerometer, Gyrometer, Proximity (Mount/Unmount Detection).
- Easy to use touch pad with dedicated Back and Home Buttons.
- Wide field of view, precise head-tracking and low latency brings reality to the virtual, Be transported to amazing new worlds, in games, video and images, Thousands of 360 degree panoramic photos.
- Compatible with: Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge (International Version - Product packaging and manual may be in a different language other than English).
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Eternal Photo||Pro Ebiz||Blue Point||Gooplus||Amazon.com||Tech Union|
|Compatible Devices||—||Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge and later models of the Galaxy Note and Galaxy S series.||Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge and later models of the Galaxy Note and Galaxy S series.||IOS and Android non-curved smartphones screen size: from 4.0 inch to 6.0 inch||Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S6||—|
|Item Dimensions||3.88 x 4.82 x 8.18 in||5.24 x 3.82 x 2.36 in||5.31 x 6.06 x 2.01 in||4.8 x 7.56 x 6.38 in||7.95 x 4.58 x 3.65 in||4.3 x 4.3 x 9.3 in|
|Item Weight||0.88 lb||2.4 ounces||0.76 lb||0.67 lb||1.5 lbs||1.4 lbs|
|Size||9.3 x 4.1 x 6.7 inches||—||—||192x162x122 cm||4.58 inches, 7.95 inches, 3.65 inches||—|
Take your adventures with you - The Gear VR turns your Samsung Galaxy smartphone¹ into a completely portable and wireless virtual reality machine by snapping your phone into the headset. The immersive Super AMOLED screen plus a powerful processor create vivid surroundings and movements so realistic, you’ll feel like you’ve been dropped right into the center of the action.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Great visibility, really immerses you in the environment
Tons of free pictures and videos from various companies (Samsung, Occulus, HTC, Facebook, NBC etc)
Surprisingly comfortable to wear. Watched Capt America and its like being in an imax theater. No physical issues.
Easy to use touchpad and directional buttons on side of unit. Pretty fluid.
Games are awesome (Try Tactera or EndSpace)
Since your phone is the primary hardware, you can connect to any BT audio source. (Can create minor overheating however).
Has a charger on bottom to plug in to power source so your phone stay's charged.
Drains your phones batteries quick if not plugged in
After a while, my eyes tend to strain as it can be like looking through a moving porthole on some apps
Not all games are 360 degree immersive
Games can be expensive and very few have trailers to sample the games.
Occulus's software UX is a bit cumbersome.
Games are still in infantile stage and some need a controller (however you can get one for as low as $20 on Amazon)
Not all headphone will allow insertion into the jack (My S7 is on the bottom). You may have to get an extension.
The cover wont close itself unless the phone input is set to accommodate a phablet (Note 5, 6, 7).
THE OVERHEATING ISSUE:
So when I first tried the VR, after 5 mins a warning came up that my phone was overheating. I ignored it and then it started to lag really bad. Super annoying.
After reading some forums, it's a common issue and very easy to fix.
1. Put phone on airplane mode and turn on wifi when at home. 4g data eats your ram and makes your gpu work harder.
2. Turn off BT and put in headphones. It doesn't have as drastic an effect as going to only wifi, but it helps.
3. Eliminate any background programs running. The more programs you have running, the harder your phones gpu has to work and the hotter it will get trying to manage all the processes.
Since I did this I've worn the VR for over two hours continuously and had no overheating notifications and very minimal lag.
This is the future of gaming and entertainment for sure. What would be great is if you could link VRs and watch movies or play games with other people.
- VR is far more immersive than the Google Cardboard.
- Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes is a fun party game.
- The built in VR cinema is interesting.
- Netflix VR works as expected.
- Smash Hit VR is a fun distraction.
- Installation is kind of inconvenient, and the Oculus app can't be installed before the headset arrives.
- Suffers from a lack of YouTube app.
- Most of the more fun apps and games require extra payment.
- A third-party app is required to use Google Cardboard apps on the Gear VR.
- Battery drains incredibly quickly (on my Galaxy S7)
- Movies have to be bought from the Oculus Store.
- VR Cinema does not support Play Movies, Amazon Video, Vudu, or any other popular movie streaming services.
- The Gear VR is currently the best cell phone VR headset on the market today. If you have a recent flagship Samsung phone, I would definitely recommend it for trying out low cost virtual reality. Despite all the flaws, I do recommend the Gear VR, even if you're just going to use it once or twice at a party.