Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on February 20, 2013
This laptop is great. It arrived promptly in perfect condition, and when I booted it up it was easy to see I was going to love it. I agree with the critical reviews--Windows 8 is the most impractical operating system for a laptop/desktop...it's a drastic shift from the old ways and makes everything so much more complicated than it has to be. But I won't dock points on the machine that it came installed on for that fact; samsung is just trying to keep with the times. I plan on installing windows 7 sometime soon if I am able. back to the point though...

This laptop packs a lot of power for just $500, which was my main concern. I use it to do schoolwork, take notes, and play late-release games and it runs so smooth. If you care about aesthetics, this thing is so sleek and shiny, trimmed down and easy to tote around.

At first I was weary about buying a samsung, because my friend has an i3 samsung and said it overheats frequently. I have not had that problem with this one in the least bit, and it even has fan control settings that control noise/performance.

The speakers leave a little bit to be desired, but it's a laptop--you can't expect much from such a tiny sleek machine. My only other qualm with this computer is the fact that the caps lock button doesn't have a light on it, so you don't know when you're about to type in caps...in my book,however, that's not the worst problem to have.

I especially like the fact that the screen is matte, as opposed to glossy. It's easy on the eyes and has literally no reflection, and works well in direct light as well. Same goes for the trackpad--your finger won't get all sweaty and stuck to it while you're trying to navigate around.

Besides the capslock button and the speakers (which in my book are very minor drawbacks), this thing is a perfect practical laptop. It'll get everything you need done and you cannot beat the price for the system specs it sports. Trust me, I shopped around for a couple weeks before settling on this one.
on March 19, 2013
Pros:
Hardware power (i5+6RAM+750GB)
Linux works with all HW.
1 GB net. Only 100mb on DELL.
Good screen. TN, w/o PWM.
4 USB.
Price.

Cons:
Samsung software.
Win 8.
on July 17, 2013
Really, a very good laptop for the price (sub 700$ and free shipping). The i5 processor is plenty fast for most typical purposes. The 6G of memory is equally nice.

What I did was to purchase a 128GB SSD to replace the platter hard drive to really give this laptop some speed. Typical platter based hard drives are a big bottleneck, but I simply won't pay the premium to have them pre-installed at a big markup, so I do it myself.

Also, I have to look around to find a screen with a 'Matte' finish. I really don't understand why so many screens these days are the high-gloss finish with an awful glare. Matte finish on this is very nice.

So far, no problems. All things considered, the bang for the buck on this laptop is pretty good. The construction is solid, and the manufacturing looks very good. If I needed another mid-end laptop, I'd probably get this one.
1010 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2016
The laptop works great for casual stuff and works ok with casual since it doesnt have a graphics card meant for games, it crashes sometime when it runs Warframe on steam but other than that works great is fast on start up
on March 12, 2013
I'm no computer nerd so I'm not going to bore you with specifics because to be honest I don't know a lot about them except for the hardware. What I do know is this computer is FAST, built solid, lightweight, charges fast, holds a charge quite well and does everything we need it to do. Windows 8 was little weird at first but once I got a hang of it it's not much different than other versions you just have to figure out where things are. For the price it's a solid little rig and I wish this was mine instead of the wifes now I'm jealous because I'm stuck with our 8 year old desktop and she can walk all around the house and do everything plus more than I can. Yes, she loves it too but I should have bought it for myself. :-)

Buy it!
on March 2, 2013
Laptop performs well. It was delivered on time in good condition. Only bad thing is it comes with Windows 8. Do not get anything with windows 8 installed. It sucks. If I had known how bad it is I would never have bought a computer with Windows 8. I am looking in to downgrading to Windows 7. It will cost me another hundred dollars, but will probably be worth that to get rid of this crap operating system.
on March 20, 2013
So good I am thinking about buying another one...the deliver service was so good...really fast by the time I called my nephew to let him know it was sent ...he was already online!
on April 12, 2013
Works great, looks great, and feels great to use. Still getting used to windows 8 though, I wish it had an option to come with windows 7.
on March 1, 2013
The product is great, work fast and full.
Come to my house in good time.
We have not problems with anythings.
on July 12, 2013
Great notebook. Windows 8 is a little different, but once you get used to it, you'll be fine. I had to google how to turn the computer off!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.