Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung Series 7 Slate Stand Case
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on March 15, 2012
**Editing out cheaper store to purchase, no longer available. I still advise for people to wait for these to become available and pay the normal retail $50 as I don't think the case is worth more than around its msrp. Also added more info*

Now the actual review, the case is made just for the Series 7 Slate and I believe is the only one dedicated to it that's available right now. Samsung has made this very low profile so it barely adds any extra dimension. Your slate will fit very snug and "snap" into the corners. The interior is made of a soft matted material so it won't scratch up your hardware but the exterior is made pretty sturdy. The left, right, and bottom sides are exposed so all ports can still be accessed. On the back there are slits and cuts that line up perfectly with the fan exhaust and back camera. So this case will not deter dust...I would suggest getting another zip case for that purpose. Please also note that this case does not have a place to attach the digitizer pen...it was made purely just for the slate itself. Also worth mentioning is that the cover is simply a flap without anything to lock it closed. But the fact that the cover comes down perfectly between the two lower corner clips make it such that the lid doesn't slide around and the matte material on the backside does help create a slight bit of "suction".

As stated by another reviewer, this case is meant as a stand-alone "stand" so will not fit with the Samsung S7 Dock when you have this on. Since the S7S and the Dock requires a very snug slide to fit, the additional backing of the case will make it too thick. I only use my S7S on the go and rarely use the dock so this isn't an issue for me but might be for some of you. I can see it as a viable problem because you can always set your dock up at a home/office desk permanently, carry your s7s on the go and dock it when you are at the desk without having to re-attach all the input connections. I'll refrain from docking a star for this because I do believe Samsung meant for this as purely an on-the-go carry case that acts as a stand without the need for the dock to make it sit upright. Although I agree, if they came up with another case solution that would allow for use of the dock that would be great.

I bought the 11.6 inch soft Case Logic zip sleeve/case here on Amazon for the time being while I was waiting for these to come in stock and not overpriced and was afraid once I attach the Stand Case my slate would no longer fit in the soft sleeve...but I was wrong :) They actually fit perfectly now with no wiggle space, without having to force it in.
on April 17, 2012
I bought this from another seller for MSRP recently so at that price, I am fairly satisfied with it. However, I wouldn't have been at some of the other overly inflated prices on Amazon.

I agree with most of the pros from the previous reviewers - good build quality, sturdy, fits well, works well as a stand. Additionally, my case came with a slot/holder on the right side of the case where you can slide the clip of the digitizer pen into to attach it to the case. The problem here is that I can see the clip breaking off the pen at some point. The pen is just too exposed. Since the case is basically made of hard plastic, I don't see why Samsung couldn't have added a silo for the pen or at least two clips to attach it securely at both top and bottom. Hey, a lanyard attachment would have been nice as well.

My cons are also the same as previous reviewers - the case does feel too heavy and the slate can pop out of the case pretty easily.

Two additional cons for me, one minor and one major. The minor is I feel the case should have some kind of latch to keep the cover securely fastened when closed. That would prevent the slate from popping out inadvertently. The major is that, if you don't use the case as a stand and simply fold back the front cover to use it as a handheld or on your lap, THE COVER COMPLETELY BLOCKS THE VENTILATION SLOT. I know that there is a little spacer to create a gap at the top edge of the case and sides but I felt like my slate was running hot when used in this manner for an extended period of time. This worries me so I probably will be pulling the slate out of the case for extended use... which kind of defeats the purpose.

Anyway, it's the only case available for the slate for now but I will be keeping a watch out for alternatives.
on March 12, 2012
I've had my Samsung Slate 7 for about a week now. For the most part I definitely love my slate. This was the best cover that was available for the Slate. It's form fitting around the device and has areas cut out for the vents, speakers, and even the camera. The only real issue I had has nothing to do with the quality of the case. I feel that case is very well designed and is a perfect fit. I found issues in not being able to get it anywhere. Samsung's website was out of them and therefore would redirect you to different vendors. The only vendor I found that had it was Manjatech on Amazon. Apparently they know they were the only show in town with it and they make you pay for it. I found other places that hadit listed for way less starting at about $60 compared to the $105 Manjatech charged, but they had a back-order for at least two weeks. I ended getting it from them with a marked up price because I didn't want to risk breaking my tablet. In closing, I highly recommend the stand case for anyone who has the slate. If you know for sure you are going to buy the slate, purchase the case in advance since it takes time to order for a great price. Avoid the price gougers at Manjatech if you can.
on April 18, 2014
Fits just fine. It is a bit heavy. has holes in the right places for the rear air vent so it doesn't really overheat the tablet. It is awesome in terms that you can adjust the angle (just make sure you don't over do it). Expensive but worth it.
on July 18, 2013
Over the past year, my company has bought several Samsung Slate Tablets and have tested several advertised cases and found that our end users prefer this one. They like the style (non-bulky), feel and look of this model and we will continue to purchase this one with our future tablet purchases.
on January 23, 2012
Great case. I'm so glad I bought. It is way higher quality then I expected. Definitely worth 50-60$ don't buy it from the crooks selling it for 90+
55 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2014
The case at a glance appears to be really nice and works well as a screen shield when carrying my slate around BUT I feel it is not built the best.
CONS:
My first issue with it is that the rubber that keeps the case up when using it as a stand gives way very easily when the slightest of knocks at the table, causing it to collapse and dropping my device.
My second bigger issue is that the corner clips that hold the device in place....don't hold the device in place very well. This case has actually slipped off and dropped my device on 2 occasions causing me frustration!!!!

Would be a great device with some revisions, but can't justify it in its current state.
on February 9, 2013
I really think this case makes the tablet much more durable and useable. I carry my tablet around all day long and the the case protects it enough that I don't do damage to the screen. I like how well if fits. It has a vent in back for the fan and camera. And it also works as a built in stand. Power jack, USB and HDMI ports remain accessible when closed. Texture is such that it has never slipped out of my hands. As others have mentioned it does not work with the dock. I returned the dock! Lack of a case like this for the newer models of tablet is the main reason I stick with my series 7s.
on October 22, 2013
I am selling this unit due to the lack of use. If you would like more information write me back and leave your e mail information in the question section. It's just about new and I will be willing to take a loss if you are serious about getting one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2013
Pros: There are very few cases for Samsung Slate 7 tablet so its not easy to find much else out there. This is decent but certainly pricey for the actual case itself. Fits fairly well, although getting a little bent in one corner from use.

Cons: Over-priced, not very elegant, no place to hold stylus