Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 73 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 91 reviews
on April 1, 2012
I wanted to switch from AT&T Go Phone to Tracfone and I took quite a bit
of time researching the phones available. I wanted a simple flip phone
so I selected this one. The price was great and the phone has lifetime
double minutes, a great deal. I was very pleased when I received the
phone as it is very nice, buttons are easy to see/navigate, and the
voice quality is very good. It has several bells and whistles that I'll
probably never use, but most phones do these days. I'm glad I purchased
this phone and Tracfone has the best deals on the pay-as-you-go service.
So far, I have had no problem getting strong signals no matter where
I am; much better than AT&T whose pay-as-you-go service was too costly.
Great phone, great price, double minutes, great service from Tracfone -
I'm a happy customer!
11 comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2012
My old TracFone finally bit it after 3 years of rare use. I got this one at some crazy low price, and was so pleased to be able to transfer the 1000+ minutes to this one from the old phone, and kept my old phone number. I had to get a card to activate this one, but that was fine- I get the cheapest card just to keep enough time left on it. The double minutes on this are also a nice feature. I haven't played with it much, but have been pleased enough with my other two TracFones. :)
on June 12, 2012
This phone is an upgrade from my previous TracFone (Motorola W376G). Bought this one because batteries were too expensive for the other. Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the phone, especially it's reception & battery life. Samsung phones are well known for having great battery life, plus it's also an overall excellent brand.

I got the phone from an Amazon seller, for $6.99 + $4.99 shipping, which was $8 less than the same phone from the TracFone site itself. Had a problem with the proper screen on my old phone showing up for the online transfer of my phone number & minutes, but a quick call to Customer Service got everything working less than 5 minutes after the call was over. And I was able on a Sunday to get a rep quickly. Plus got 60 extra days to what I had w/o adding another airtime card, simply for activating the phone.

This phone is perfect for those who has a home phone, and needs one for personal/occasional use. I use it for my personal business, this way, when a call comes in, I know it's for me. And it's a very simple phone, which is exactly what I wanted, plus it has Double Minutes for the life of the phone. Too, one can look online for promo codes, which can sometimes triple a 60 minute card, making it 180 minutes.

I've been a happy TracFone since 2010, and their ads aren't misleading. The customer is totally in charge of their usage, many users only has to add a airtime card only every 3 months. Unlike all other prepaid services, which requires a airtime card monthly. And so far, I haven't needed to contact Technical Service, which is good also.

I highly recommend this phone & the TracFone brand for those who wants an inexpensive, no BS, cell phone experience.

Cat
on July 7, 2012
The phone works great and it came with double minutes for life- even though I bought the same thing separately without knowing. It NEEDS a cover, but you can read my review on the really CHEAP BODY GLOVE cover that is made for the LG Accolade but fits this phone perfectly with only slight modifications (elongating the earpiece and mouthpiece holes) with a razor knife. The link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038BUCVU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00 .
on September 27, 2012
The T245G is light, small, and basic - which is what I wanted. But customer service is horrible. Had to go to the internet to learn to turn speaker on and off... Sound is just ok but volume very low...HOWEVER, both are light years ahead of the customer service I labored through. After being cut off following at least an hour of waiting and answering redundant questions, meaning the same ones over and over, I was cut off...Can't tell you how thrilled I was at that point. Then an older tracfone loaned to a friend was returned to me, and I tried to transfer minutes, and THAT was a journey into unbelievable tapdancing, stalling, holding, and finally, I just gave up and am tolerating this phone til Feb when the time will have expired. So unhappy... Not good. Sorry - For years I have loved tracfone, but am left with anger and frustration.
on January 18, 2013
I bought this phone as an emergency cell phone for my son for a Christmas present. It comes with Lifetime double minutes for the life of the phone. It was very easy to get started. I bought him minutes for the phone because that doesn't come with it, but it does get doubled. This is the perfect phone for him since he didn't want a cell phone with a monthly bill. He gets great reception with it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some of the other cell phones but it does exactly what he needs. In case of an emergency it lets him make calls to whom ever he needs. Its not expensive but it gives us peace of mind to know if he needs it he has it.
on March 11, 2013
I haven't toted a cell phone since I retired from my consulting business. Recently moved back to the Houston, TX area and find I need one. If wife and I go shopping she disappears and I have to wander around a "super" store to find her. Now I can call her cell and get an idea of where she is. In addition I have great grandchildren I need to take fishing and might need the phone while we're on the lake or creek, just in case.

The double minutes aspect is great, I bought 400 minutes to start with and it doubled to 800 plus an additional 20 that came with the purchase. I can surf the web (not that I want to), take pictures, etc. All with a device that didn't exist when I was born 74 years ago. I love modern technology. My first cell was in a bag, weighed about ten lbs, and I had to find a hill top to get any service.
on May 17, 2013
Difficult to open, sound faded in/out, to much input before you can use it. couldn't call out get some calls. Then when it didn't work I tryed to tranfer the mins. to my other Tracfone. I have had to call Tracfone about 7-10 times during most of the calls were answered by people that couln't speak english, so nothing was done.When transfering min the person took the mins. off of theT245G phone then told me she couldn't transfer the mins. until she disconect my Tracfone I was sending the mins. too. Then she said that because it was dissconected I would have to buy more air time before she could send the mins. Dose that sound like people you want to deal with?
on March 21, 2013
I wanted a simple flip phone. This one is simple and it flips. Also the keys are pleasant & easy to use. I want to love it but I literally can't understand messages that are left because the sound quality is garbage. Live conversations are of poor sound quality too. In addition to that it took me almost three hours on hold the third time I called Tracfone to get my minutes transferred from my old phone and start this one up. It turned out the problem was a dirty SIM card. This was the step they tried after changing my phone number. I have used Tracfone for years and never had a problem before. Prepaid works perfectly for me but not if I can't use the device.
on November 29, 2012
This is probably the least expensive ways to have a cell phone as it has the double minutes included. Great for kids or elderly relatives. Cost is about $21 for three months. Can take a little time to set up. One time it was easy on line. Another time took two calls to customer service as I was porting a number over from one of the national carriers. It was for a little used line for my aunt that was costing me three times as much.Just remember that the set up is a one time deal.
GOOGLE FOR COUPON CODES BEFORE ADDING MINUTES!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.