- Size (LWH): 1.9 inches, 3.8 inches, 0.7 inches
- Weight: 4.16 ounces
- Network Compatibility: GSM
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 390 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 200 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Samsung T249 Prepaid Phone, Blue (T-Mobile)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Compact slider phone for voice communication as well as text and instant messaging
- Pay for just the minutes you use with no annual contract--easy refill via Internet or prepaid cards
- 1.3-megapixel camera; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD memory expansion; personal organizer tools
- Up to 4.5 hours of talk time, up to 312 hours (13 days) of standby time; released in October, 2010
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Samsung SSGH-T249 is an update to the SGH-T239 and adds a set of useful upgrades including a MP3 music player, a microSD slot for additional storage, and video recording capabilities. This GSM slider phone also features a 1 megapixel camera, Bluetooth compatiblity, MMS and SMS text messaging, and a speakerphone. The T249 is reliable, it has great sound quality, it is an easy-to-use device, and supports multiple languages including French and Spanish.
Slide yourself into something new with the affordable Samsung T249 for T-Mobile, which features a cool slider design, 1.3-megapixel camera, and Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming to optional Bluetooth-enabled headphones. It sits slimly in your pocket when you're out and about, and the face slide smoothly up to reveal the keypad when you want to make a call.
Pay the way you want with prepaid and postpaid calling plans from T-Mobile Pay As You Go (learn more about prepaid services below).
- Color LCD screen with 176 x 220-pixel resolution and 65K color depth.
- Standard alpha-numeric keypad hidden under sliding face
- 1.3-megapixel camera with multi-shot mode, enabling you to take multiple shots in quick succession and save only the ones you want to keep
- Video capture capabilities up to 176 x 143 pixels at 15 fps (frames per second)
- Multi-format digital media player compatible with MP3 and AAC music formats and MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV, and 3GP video formats
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- 100 MB internal memory
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Audio Postcard feature allows you to add a personalized message to a photo before sending it to friends and family using multimedia messaging (MMS).
- Access to popular instant messaging services such as AOL, Yahoo!, and Windows Live.
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, tasks, memo, calculator, tip calculator, world time, unit converter, timer, and stopwatch.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
The Samsung T249 weighs 3.2 ounces and measures 3.9 x 1.9 x 0.6 inches. Its 800 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4.5 hours of talk time, and up to 312 hours (13 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies.
What's in the Box
Samsung T249 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
T-Mobile prepaid plans give you wireless access with less commitment, so you can pay--and talk--as you go. With no annual contract, no credit check, and no monthly bill, prepaid plans are a simple, direct way to go mobile. There are many ways to conveniently refill your T-Mobile Prepaid Plan so that you can stay continually connected with the people who matter most, including using web2go directly from your phone, via the T-Mobile Web site, or using refill cards available at over 90,000 locations nationwide.
With Pay As You Go, you get wireless service exactly how you like it--there's no long-term contract, no credit checks, and no surprises. Add $100 in refills with Pay As You Go and you'll become a Gold Rewards customer, which gets you 15 percent more minutes on all refills and your minutes won't expire for a year after the time you refill.
See T-Mobile's coverage map.
You can also pay only $1.00 per day for unlimited nights and unlimited nationwide calling to any T-Mobile number. All other domestic calls you make are just 10¢ per minute.
T-Mobile includes the following services with this T-Mobile Pay As You Go phone:
- Nationwide long distance (including calls to Alaska and Hawaii)
- National roaming on the T-Mobile USA network
- t-zones (browsing for HiFi Ringers, MegaTones, wallpapers, and more; not available on all devices)
- Voice-mail, caller ID, call waiting, three-way calling
- Free e-mail address (email@example.com)
- Text messaging ($0.10 to send, $0.5 to receive)
- Picture messaging ($0.25 to send or receive)
- Download ringtones and wallpaper (prices vary)
- Download games and applications (prices vary)
- 411 & More directory assistance ($1.79 per call plus airtime)
- International dialing to over 150 countries (international rates apply)
- Prepaid international roaming rates
To keep your mobile number active, refill within 90 days after your minutes expire. After 90 days, your account will be canceled and you will lose your phone number. If you want to restart service after that time, you will need to activate new service.
Top Customer Reviews
The only thing I wish it had is the ability to transmit my contacts to T-Mobile for backup, but it's not available for this phone. And you cannot backup your contacts onto your microSD memory card either. You can ONLY backup your contacts onto the phone's SIM card. That's it! So, if backing up your phone contacts is not very important to you this phone is a nice, simple phone for you.
It's easy to use and understand and if you just want a simple "phone" it's just fine.
if you have patience you should be just fine. I've had mine for about a year now and I've dropped it at least 10 times on my concrete driveway and other places, and it still works like its new. Seriously, I have never had any problems with this phone.
It's possible the original box was opened & the original SIM card switched w/another & resealed. I advise going to a T-Mobile store or their website to order.
SGH-t249 user manual
SGH-t249 user manual(in spanish)
1.3 MP Camera.
Supports microSD card.
It does not come with a sims card nor mini-usb cable.
After using it for a few months, my impressions on this phone.
Impressive battery life. Can go 10 days or more on standby without charging.
Picture quality with the phone camera isn't that great. You can set it to save your pictures to your micoSD card instead of your phone which is great! Very bright lights makes it difficult to take a good picture with this phone.
Reception is good and haven't noticed any dropped calls. No static during calls.
Known issue with the voicemail. If you let this phone's battery drain completely. After recharging it, they're will be a voicemail indicator eventhough you will have no new voicemail message. It will remain there until you call T-Mobile customer support to remove it. They say its a known issue and can't be fixed.
Music player on this phone is good. I put in my old 1gb microSD card from another phone. Add and edited songs to my playlist and off I go. Each playlist hold 50 songs and there are 10 playlist available. Wish the MegaPixels was higher for the camera.
It fills my expectations for a simple prepaid phone.
I was worried when it showed up so quickly, but then saw that it was in perfect shape too, I was Very Happy =)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this phone for my mother. This is the second T249 she's had. She loves it. It is a very easy to use, basic phone.Published 18 months ago by Angela
Great pre-paid phone that I purchased for my mom. She loves it! It's actually her second one because the first one had water damage.Published on December 13, 2013 by Cullen775
got this for the wife but she did not like it she thought it was easy to use so she gave it to her friend to usePublished on April 9, 2013 by tony barrett
I love my phone and it came to me well secure. The packaging was great and I love my phone.Published on January 12, 2013 by felicia
I bougt this phone for my mom. She is a old women and need big numbers, easy to use phone. The old people need cellphones not smartphones. Read morePublished on December 9, 2012 by Nypepe
After enduring two years of this thing going "blip" in my purse all the time, it seems to have died. HURRAY! Read morePublished on December 7, 2012 by Martha Powers