- Size (LWH): 3.87 inches, 1.93 inches, 0.66 inches
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Network Compatibility: GSM
- Phone Book Capacity: 500 Entries
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 300 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 335 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Samsung T259, Blue (T-Mobile)
- 3G-enabled flip phone with external screen for caller ID; access to social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter
- Compatible with T-Mobile's 3G network for fast downloads and uploads; GPS-enabled for navigation using Google Maps
- 2.0-megapixel camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD memory expansion to 32 GB; organizer tools; personal e-mail
- Up to 5.1 hours of talk time, up to 335 hours (14 days) of standby time; released in January, 2011
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The Samsung SGH-T259 is a capable clamshell cell phone featuring a QVGA display, 2 megapixel camera with video recording, 3G data, and GPS navigation. The T259 also features a multi-format music player, Bluetooth compatibility, email client, Java, and microSD slot for additional storage. This device supports multiple languages including Spanish and French, and comes equipped with quadband GSM and WCDMA modes for international use.
An affordable 3G-enabled handset that's easily pocketable, the Samsung T259 for T-Mobile keeps you connected to family and friends wherever you roam thanks to T-Mobile's nationwide 3G coverage. In addition to voice communications, the T259 flip phone provides access to mobile e-mail accounts as well as the latest updates from your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
The Samsung T259 (see larger image).
External screen with incoming and missed calls (see larger image).
GPS-enabled for navigation using Google Maps.
Enabled for T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the T259 offers fast data delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing experience that lets you connect quickly to social networking sites. And the 3G-enabled dLite will benefit from the enhanced speeds of T-Mobile's upgraded HSPA+ network (read more about HSPA+ below).
The T259 comes with a web browser, and it's GPS-enabled for location-based services and navigation with Google Maps and the optional TeleNav GPS Navigator. Other features include a 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, Visual Voicemail, and up to 5.5 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
- Built-in GPS for real-time location on maps, driving directions, and more (additional charges may apply) with support for Google Maps and TeleNav software.
- 2.2-inch internal screen (240 x 320 pixels; 65K colors)
- External screen displays incoming and missed calls, messages, signal strength, battery life, and current time.
- Standard alpha-numeric keypad
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder with digital zoom
- Video capture capabilities
- MP3 player
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Access to personal e-mail
- Web browser
- Integrated speakerphone
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarms, notes, to-do, and calculator
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Visual Voicemail enables you to listen to your voicemail messages in any order, respond in one click and easily manage your inbox without ever dialing in to the network.
- USB connectivity for file transfer and charging
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M3, T4
The Samsung T259 weighs 3.15 ounces and measures 3.87 x 1.93 x 0.66 inches. Its 800 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.1 hours of talk time, and up to 335 hours (14 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
Samsung T259 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
As of November, 2010, T-Mobile has upgraded its traditional 3G network to HSPA+ in 75 major metropolitan areas across the U.S., with plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade throughout 2011. With typical download speeds that are on par with or faster than competing 4G technologies, T-Mobile's HSPA+ network provides fast data speeds--up to 3 times faster than AT&T and Verizon's standard 3G networks--while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience. You'll enjoy faster Web browsing, uninterrupted video streaming, and quicker app downloads.
T-Mobile's 4G mobile broadband network (powered by HSPA+) provides a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds, with average download speeds typically in the 5 to 8 Mbps range.
While this 3G-enabled mobile device doesn't offer HSPA+ compatibility, it can benefit from enhanced speeds when connecting to the HSPA+ network today.T-Mobile Mobile Backup
With T-Mobile Mobile Backup, you can store your phonebook on T-Mobile's network so even if you lose your phone, you don't lose your contacts. Mobile Backup lets you import entries from Microsoft Outlook, .vcf files, or use .csv files to import from Yahoo!, Gmail, etc.; back up your phone's address book on our server with enhanced safety features; and store additional contacts on the server.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?