- Size (LWH): 4.2 inches, 2.2 inches, 0.6 inches
- Weight: 4 ounces
Samsung Trender Phone, Navy (Sprint)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- 3G-enabled touchscreen phone in navy with slide-out full QWERTY keyboard for fast access to messaging and both personal and corporate e-mail
- Locate family members anytime, anywhere with Sprint Family Locator; pre-loaded instant messaging
- 1.3-megapixel camer for stills; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD expansion to 32 GB; web browser
- Up to 5 hours of talk time; released in June, 2011
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
Customers also shopped for
An intuitive touchscreen phone with a full QWERTY keyboard, the 3G-enabled Samsung Trender for Sprint offers you easy messaging at a great value. It comes with a pre-loaded instant messenger, and the threaded text messaging feature helps you track all your conversations at a glance. Enjoy simplified access to your favorite e-mail services--including AOL, Windows Live Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo! Mail--plus options to sync your work e-mail and calendars.
Enjoy intuitive navigation via the
2.8-inch touchscreen (see larger image).
Get fast access to all your messaging and e-mail via the slide-out QWERTY keyboard (see larger image).
The Samsung Trender is constructed using recyclable materials. Other features include a 1.3-megapixel camera for still photos, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, music player, and up to 5 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint's EV-DO, Rev A network with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming.
Communications & Internet
- Web Browser provides real time access to check sports scores, news, weather, stocks and market indexes, as well as to online shopping .
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 2.8-inch touchscreen display
- Slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- MicroUSB port
- Removable battery
- 1.3-megapixel camera for still photos only, with digital zoom, self-timer, and customizable shutter sounds.
- Music player compatible with MP3 and AAC/AAC+.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M4/T3
The Samsung Trender weighs 4 ounces and measures 4.2 x 2.2 x 0.6 inches. Its 1000 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5 hours of talk time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Samsung Trender handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
- Broadband-like 3G network: Supporting the EV-DO Rev. A high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video, straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO Rev. A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- Access Personal and Corporate E-mail: With Sprint Mobile Email, you'll get easy access to your favorite home e-mail services including AOL, Yahoo!, Gmail, and MSN/Windows Live Hotmail and more. Additionally, you can access many other e-mail providers through the software's support of POP3 & IMAP. And Sprint Mobile Email Work enables you to access e-mail from corporate servers, including Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003, 2007 and Lotus Notes Domino versions 6.0, 6.5 and 7.0 (with the latest software update).
- Sprint Family Locator: Locate family members anytime, anywhere from your phone or the Web without disturbing their activities. With Family Locator, you can locate your kids with interactive mapping, automatic Safety Check and a secure texting feature.
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), also known as CMAS, is a part of a national alerting system called IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System) that enables emergency management officials to rapidly disseminate the warnings and safety information via text alerts to wireless phones based on the phones’ geographic location. The Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA is responsible for receiving the alerting information and forwarding the alerts to participating wireless carriers such as Sprint. Such alerts may come from the President of the United States; the National Weather Service, state or county public safety officials. This system is integrated into the same national alerting services that serve television and radio today.
Top Customer Reviews
Warning to any would be recipients of this Webster dictionary definition of a failure. This phone is the epidemy of deceitful Sprint/Samsung business schemes.
The phone starts automatically dialing numbers while the phone is against your ear, I guess the designers never thought that you might place a phone on your ear and that no human stands perfectly stationary while you're in a conversation.
The phone automatically starts to call a third party without being told too; Oh I forgot they didn't design it to be placed on the ear.
Many automatic screw-ups are Samsung's/Sprint design practices, oh it's a smart phone; Right! If a person is that stupid or has a case of apoplexy, they don't need a Samsung Trender, they need prosaic and that is to be done under supervision of a physician.
Can anyone convey to Samsung, "The mother of all screw-ups are assumptions?"
Thus I will never own ANY Samsung product period!