- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung UN26C4000 26-Inch 720p 60 Hz LED HDTV (Black)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5Wx2 audio output
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus
- Component & PC input
- ConnectShare(TM) Movie
- 2 HDMI (ver 1.3), HDMI-CEC
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The Samsung LED 4000: LED picture quality that’s enhanced by a Touch of Color that warms up any room. Samsung LED backlighting technology and advanced processing delivers a picture with an exceptionally large range of contrast and color, making images appear more real. And Samsung’s exclusive Touch of Color design provides texture and a hint of red that complements and fits into any décor.
Ultra Slim Design
- Screen Size: 26 inches
- Resolution: 720p
- Ultra Slim Design: Stunning ultra slim depth – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
- Touch of Color design: Exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, music
playlists and pictures via the remote.
- Game Mode: Enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LED Energy Efficient, up to 50% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and
screen size in standard mode.
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- 5 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the "genuine" stereo sound.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- 2 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia
Interface) version 1.3: 2 back
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 1 back
- Component video input: 1 back
- Optical sound output: 1 back
- PC input: 1 back
- TV without stand: 25.7 x 16.6 x 1.2 inches (WxHxD); 12.1 pounds
- TV with stand: 25.7 x 19.0 x 8.7 inches (WxHxD); 13.7 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
|Delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail. Whereas blue and green shaded areas of the picture are washed out on conventional screens, wide color enhancer lets you experience more brilliant colors. Simply imagine a wider range of colors than you ever thought possible.|
|By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.|
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
I also purchased the new 32" LN32C530 and that screen also had the same horrible ghosting... again, no response time listed anywhere that I could find.
In conclusion, I was not happy with the performance of this monitor. If you want to go ahead and order it anyway, that's your call, but I'm just putting the warning out that if you don't like ghosting or overdrive, do not buy this. You'll be disappointed. Note: I also saw a lot of ghosting in movies too.
The only thing I want to draw people's attention to is the fact that this, unlike almost all other 26" TVs, requires M8 screws to mount it to a VESA wall mount. These are very large screws that you would usually find on larger TVs. This wouldn't be a big deal if most wall mounts for 26" TVs had big enough holes to accomodate this, but in my case (I purchased the VideoSecu wall mount) the holes were not large enough.
I had to run out and buy M8 x 25mm screws, and drill bigger holes into my wall mount bracket. I used the grey spacers from Samsung to attach it to the bracket. It works great now, very secure, I just want to make sure people are aware they might need to do a couple of extra steps if they would like to wall mount this TV.
Pros: Lightweight, runs cool, great picture.
Cons: Could have more inputs. Sound is not great.
The screen is very clear and sharp when watching network news or anything that doesn't include much movement.
Once you get much movement, this screen shows it huge weakness. There is something called "ghosting" (I believe I am using the correct term). That is, when someone is running across the screen it is as if they leave a wake. This is especially evident on channels (CNBC) where there is a scroll at the bottom. I guess this is a function of the refresh rate - which is listed as 60Hz.
Also, when you first get this the picture settings are crazy oversaturated - but those can be fixed.
However, my biggest gripe is with respect to the on/off timer. It seems that the on/off timer only lets you select from two sources (1) TV - which only includes things connected through the coax connection; and (2) USB - a thumb drive. It does not let you select the HDMI input. This is silly. 99% of people hook up their HD set to a cable/satellite box using HDMI cables. This limitation in the TV's firmware effectively prevents someone from using the on/off timer for a HD source. I have confirmed with Samsung support (and the owner's manual) that this is a limitation. I specifically bought this for my bedroom to use as an alarm clock. I thought I would be able to set this up to turn the TV on in the morning and it would pop on to the cable box (which is always on). It won't do that because the cable box is connected over HDMI. This is the dumbest limitation on earth.
On the plus side, it comes with a nice stand, great instructions and has a very nice form factor. The menus are pretty self explainatory.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It has been working well for the past four years with no problems.Published on July 20, 2014 by LUCILLE T. LAMBERT
Recommended to have as for quality use. This TV is not too big nor too small.
Place it on your desk, bedroom, or family room. I heard about it thru mailings.
It ran great until about one week after the 12th month. It began turning itself off and on. There is no
consistance rhythm of when this happens. Read more
Just as advertised. The picture quality is fantastic. Place it in my exercise room. It is the perfect size. Worth the price.Published on August 30, 2011 by ajaykay
This TV has a great picture, nice audio, a sensible remote, and pretty easy on-screen Control panel. Read morePublished on March 5, 2011 by Cap'n Mike
If you are doing anything unique, like routing your HDMI cable box signal through a switch or extending the HDMI over CAT5, stay away from this TV. Read morePublished on December 27, 2010 by S. Roberts
Beautiful to look at but had to return two of them as they malfunctioned within 30 days. Had to try another brand. Do not recommend buying.Published on October 24, 2010 by cc-ny
I bought two other Samsung TV's in the past two years for different rooms of my house; one 52" LCD for the bar and one 46" LED for the living room. Read morePublished on October 9, 2010 by harleypsychRN
Ordered this TV over a month ago and it was delivered fast! What a TV indeed! I had seem this TV in a store, right next to a LCD unit of the same size. Read morePublished on September 15, 2010 by The Car Keeper