- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung UN40B7000 40-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV (2009 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Includes detachable swivel table stand; measures 39.2 x 27.2 x 10 inches (WxHxD) without stand and 44.4 x 30.2 x 10.8 inches (WxHxD) with stand
- Inputs: 4 HDMI, 1 component, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 PC, 1 optical digital audio output
- LED technology enables a true-to-life range of picture brightness; uses 40 percent less energy than conventional LCD TVs
- Ultra-slim 40-inch LED HDTV with full HD 1080p resolution for the sharpest picture possible
- Internet@TV online content service from Yahoo, Flickr, YouTube via your broadband connection
- Internet@TV online content service from Yahoo!, Flickr, YouTube via your broadband connection
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Samsung
- Model Number: UN40B7000
- Display Technology: LED-lit
- Display Size: 40 inches
- Image Contrast Ratio: mega
From the Manufacturer
Redefining the standards for viewing quality, energy-efficiency and home entertainment decor, the Samsung 7000 Series LED HDTV deliver unparalleled picture quality and enhanced connectivity while also helping you reduce your carbon footprint with the reduced power consumption of the LED screen. Using Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) as its primary light source--rather than traditional Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (CCFL)--this cutting edge HDTV also offers the benefits of an ultra-high contrast ratio and a slim depth that allows for a more artful design.
The 7000 Series features Samsung's new InternetTV online content service. Developed with Yahoo!, InternetTV uses either a wired or wireless Ethernet connection to access content onscreen from Yahoo!, Flickr, YouTube and more with the push of a button. The widget-based interface and scrollbar run along the bottom of the screen for easy browsing of the latest programs and content. And this HDTV is accented by Samsung's TOC (Touch of Color), which offers a hint of a translucent color around the edges of the unit for a uniquely fashionable look.
- Screen Size: 40 inches
- Full 1080p HD (Learn more)
- Breakthrough LED picture quality with true-to-life brightness ranging from the purest black to pristine white. (Learn more)
- Energy Savings: Samsung's LED TVs use up to 40 percent less power than conventional LCD TVs. (Learn more)
- Ultra-slim Design: 1.2-inch depth
- Blazing 4ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs.
- Mega dynamic contrast ratio
- HD-Grade Pixel Resolution: High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: Advanced processing that reduces blur and enhances image detail when viewing fast motion video sequences. (Learn more)
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced LCD technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Side-mounted USB 2.0 port: connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV's audio system or your home theater system.
- Touch of Color (ToC): Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish red tone. (Learn more)
- Wide Color Enhancer Pro optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors.
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources.
- Audio: Two down-firing stereo speakers (10-watts each, for 20 watts of total power) with subwoofer
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- Content Library (2 GB Flash Memory): Built-in library contains photo art gallery, games, workout routines, recipes, and other interesting digital content. Additional items and updates are available from Samsung.com.
- DLNA-compatible for better interopability with electronics, computers and mobile devices from many different manufacturers (Learn more)
- Anynet Plus (HDMI-CEC) allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- V-Chip system allows blocking of rated TV and movie programs determined by a parent to contain objectionable content.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Variable sleep timer can be programmed to turn the TV off at different time intervals.
- Crystal Neck Swivel Stand
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Medi2.0 lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more via on-screen TV widgets. (Learn more)
- HDMI (version 1.3): 4 side
- USB: 2 side
- Component video: 1 bottom
- PC input: 1 bottom
- Ethernet: 1 bottom
- Optical digital audio output: 1 side
- TV without stand: 39.2 x 24.8 x 1.2 inches (WxHxD); 48.9 pounds
- TV with stand: 39.2 x 27.2 x 10 inches (WxHxD); 60.4 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
- Wall Mount: Picture frame-style mount for simple installation. Mounting hardware included. Learn more about the Samsung WMN1000B Fixed Low-Profile Wall Mount.
|Full HD, or 1080p, contains 1.5 times more scanning lines than conventional HD TVs. More scanning lines mean more pixels, more details and a better picture. The new Samsung LCD TV with resolution that is approximately 2 times greater than conventional HDTVs, creating the most perfect picture imaginable. |
Samsung’s 1080p panel uses a new high-speed liquid crystal to cut response time to 4ms. The fast response time, coupled with Samsung’s Auto Motion Plus 120Hz motion blur reduction technology dramatically reduces motion blur and judder.
|Compared to a traditional CCFL, LEDs produce darker blacks that appear endlessly deep to the eye. Whites also remain crisp and bright with vivid colors. The result is picture quality that measures up to the natural beauty of life. For instance, Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer Pro feature lets consumers enjoy a broader color palette. The Ultra Clear Panel further allows the preservation of every detail even in brightly-lit, imperfect viewing conditions. This is done by effectively allowing more light to pass through the screen and simultaneously reducing reflections from ambient light. And with an adaptive "Natural" mode, Samsung's LED HDTVs can combine the recognized brightness advantage of LCD displays with the cinema-like viewing experience of plasma displays by automatically optimizing picture settings. |
|The benefits of using LEDs include not only improved picture quality, but also reduced power consumption levels to easily meet the stringent new Energy Star v3.0 guidelines. The LED modules are mercury-free, which makes for cleaner manufacturing and safer recycling when compared with backlight technologies currently available. In the LED HDTV line, energy consumption is reduced by 40 percent versus traditional LCD HDTVs of a similar size. The LED HDTVs also include a power indicator menu, and an optimized energy savings mode. In addition, these TVs require less material to manufacture and are thinner, reducing packing material and consumer waste. The smaller packaging allows for more units to be shipped and less fuel to be consumed at a time which potentially reduces Samsung's carbon footprint. |
|This technology doubles the frame rate from 60 to 120 frames per second (120Hz LCD panel) without repeating the same image to make more frames. Instead, the TV intelligently calculates the ‘middle’ image between frame A and frame B and inserts it in between (Auto Motion Plus 120Hz processor), making a fluid transition from one frame to the next. |
|In 2008, Samsung created its unique Touch of Color (ToC) design, which uses dual-injection molding to coat a translucent, colored surface to achieve an attractive crystalline appearance. The latest evolution of Samsung's ToC design begins with a deep piano black bezel that fades into distinct chrome that finishes as light ruby highlights on the 7000 and 7000 Series LED HDTVs. The intensity of the color subtly changes depending upon the viewing angle, and further accentuates these TV's slim bezels.|
|You already know something about digital living. There’s the TV and digital video recorder in your family room. (And another set in your bedroom.) You have a PC and digital printer in your office, along with a network attached storage device. And you’ve copied all your music onto your portable music player and haven’t had to open a CD case for years. But getting them to talk to each other can be pretty tough. Why is it still so difficult to send digital content from one device to another? |
Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a collaboration of the world’s leading consumer electronics, PC and mobile companies that has created design guidelines for a new generation of products that can work together — no matter the brand.
Think for a moment about all of the photos "locked away" on your home PC that you wish you could access while entertaining your friends and family. Now, thanks to DLNA enabled devices, a DLNA-enabled PC can be accessed from the comfort of your living room or family room via a DLNA-enabled HDTV, where you can enjoy your memories with friends and family, without having to deal with the hassle and non-intuitive "PCexperience".
Or, say you recently downloaded your daughter’s birthday party video from your digital camcorder to your PC. Now you want to share it with your parents who are visiting. Without DLNA, you probably have to burn a DVD of the video or hook up the camcorder to the TV. With DLNA, you can just use your TV’s remote to call up the video on your TV. That's it.
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
I've had this tv for about a week now and absolutely love it. The TV itself looks amazing. The stand is both sturdy and stunning. The picture quality is absolutely breathtaking. I have little to no problem with the glare. The viewing angle is extremely wide I have yet to encounter a problem and the lighting is very uniform. This tv produces the most true blacks I've seen on any TV. Images really pop out on this set. I can definitely tell the difference between this tv set and my old one.
Another great feature is all the additional content the TV has. It has recipes with step by step pictures, teaches you how to stretch massage etc. I can't say enough about this tv. I highly recommend this tv especially if you own a PS3 and or blu-ray player.
I got the new panel installed - and the dark corner problem is gone -
The picture now is totally remarkable !!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Still working strong and great picture!! Have used it now for several years!!!Published 17 months ago by James Westbrook
We love this tv. Actually went out and bought our first blu-ray player with HD cords for it and cable box. Read morePublished on November 23, 2010 by A
I got this TV for our bedroom and it is the best picture I have ever seen on a flat screen TV. We also have a larger highly rated flat screen in the living room, but find myself... Read morePublished on October 12, 2010 by Rose M. Staige
Great TV, easy install. Only issue is lack of Netflix app/Widget - but has BlockBuster app? Netflix is the reason I purchased the higher end Internet model. Read morePublished on October 10, 2010 by Sea More
After buying this TV I am a huge Samsung fan. Do not hesitate to buy this TV if you are in the market for a new LED TV. Read morePublished on June 6, 2010 by Monsoon
I've had my eye on this TV for a while. Best Buy used to have it, but no more. We wanted it, but at a fair price. You couldn't possibly do better than buy it through Amazon. Read morePublished on May 29, 2010 by J. E. Fields
This TV is the single most beautiful television I've ever seen. The picture quality surpases anything I've seen to date. Read morePublished on April 6, 2010 by Joshua S. Gilgenbach
I just purchased series 7000 40 HD TV and part of the hype is ability to stream video to it. Well after getting it, the software and tools samsung provides stink, but samsung in... Read morePublished on March 28, 2010 by Raymond Kelly
I bought this TV for $1216 from Amazon.
Here my story:
1)Only 4 days after placed the order I got the TV. Read more