- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung UN40C5000 40-Inches 1080p LCD TV - Black/red (2010 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Also Shopped For
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The Samsung LED 5000: LED picture quality that looks stunning from any and every angle on Samsung’s Ultra Clear Panel, which absorbs ambient light and virtually eliminates reflections for a more comfortable viewing environment. Add to that Samsung’s exclusive Touch of Color design, which brings texture and a touch of red that delivers elegance to any room.
Stunning at only 1.2 inch deep
- Screen Size: 40 inches
- Full 1080p HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- Ultra Slim Design: Stunning ultra slim depth – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote..
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LED Energy Efficient, up to 50% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer Pro delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the "genuine" stereo sound.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Swivel Stand
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) version 1.3: 4 back
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 2 back
- Component video input: 1 back
- Optical sound output: 1 back
- PC input: 1 back
- Ethernet: 1 back
- TV without stand: 38.3 x 23.5 x 1.2 inches (WxHxD); 26.7 pounds
- TV with stand: 38.3 x 24.4 x 10.0 inches (WxHxD); 34.6 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
- Wall Mount: Picture frame-style mount for simple installation. Mounting hardware included. Learn more about the Samsung WMN1000B Fixed Low-Profile Wall Mount.
|Delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail. Whereas blue and green shaded areas of the picture are washed out on conventional screens, wide color enhancer lets you experience more brilliant colors. Simply imagine a wider range of colors than you ever thought possible.|
|By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.|
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
I can't say enough about this beauty. I loved the screen/picture quality in the store and knowing they usually set the store models at their peak performance level, was ready for a slightly lesser quality. Guess what? No change. Straight out of the box it was great. Beware, though, that you need to run the channel setup before you see the best pictures ever. The channel setup picks up all of the digital channels and regular channels. I do not have a cable box. Just connected the cable to the TV. The "any-net" system recognized my Sony BD so getting on my netflix account is a cinch. Also there is no direct connect to the internet with this 5000 series. Unfortunately, Samsung's ads make you think that, so don't bother buying the Linkstick.
The Amazon purchasing experience was what we have come to expect: easy, with delivery as expected.
We had problems out of the box that were not related to the TV itself, but rather related to our cable provider, Brighthouse Networks. In attempting to resolve the issue, I first called Samsung on about March 11, 2010. The Samsung folks were unable to identify the model based upon the information I gave them from the label on the back of the TV. Finally, I was told that Samsung representatives had not yet been provided with any information on the new 2010 models. They were unable to help me at all. I was told that someone would call me back before the end of the month (Remember, this was March 11, so Samsung was are promising to call be back within three weeks!). I find it strange indeed that Samsung would begin delivery of products they are not prepared to support.
That said, the problem was eventually diagnosed by Brighthouse and was related to their system not to the TV itself. The TV has a fantastic, almost unbelievable picture. Other than the fact that the speakers are marginal, I have not discovered anything I do not like about the TV. I'll have to hook it up to play through my receiver, but given the thickness of the TV and the limited space for speakers within the unit itself, it's hard to believe the sound is as good as it is.
This is a great product. Hopefully in future years Samsung with have the sense not to sell new products before they are ready to support them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We bought one of these for each of our sons and both started having problems within about one year. The picture was great when they worked but both stopped turning on... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Dave
Just purchased this TV. We have an older Samsung 1080p plasma 42" which has a great picture, but we wanted to look at LED for the family room and felt it would pay to get a smart... Read morePublished on September 4, 2013 by BLE373
what an awesome tv,It is sleek, the design is awesome, and picture quality Is crystal clear. Its great for blu rays and ps3. Great audio quality too. Read morePublished on July 6, 2012 by TOOL744
This Samsung is absolutely grand. It is sleek, the design is awesome, and picture quality s crystal clear.
Design: The design is amazing on this TV. Read more
After looking at a number of TVs in a number of stores, I bought this based on the recommendation of Consumer Reports. Read morePublished on September 11, 2011 by Susan
We purchased this TV for my father. It is a classy, elegant, sophisticated & beautiful television.
Don't let the "red" scare you. You hardly notice it. Read more
I purchased my television through Amazon's Warehouse Deals division. I purchase a lot of my electronics through them because they discount things an insane amount for having chips,... Read morePublished on July 20, 2011 by Bryant
As long as I've got a decent picture on my TV I'm not too picky. Sound, though, is another matter. Flat screen TVs don't have much room for good speakers. Read morePublished on June 28, 2011 by Linda Lee
Samsung UN40C5000 40-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LED HDTV (Black)
We ordered this Samsung UN40C5000 as replacement for a UN40C6300 that had a short life of about an hour. Read more