- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung UN40C6300 40-Inch 1080p LED TV - Graphite
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Have an expert wall mount your TV at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your wall mounted TV is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
- Brand Name: Samsung
- Model Number: UN40C6300
- Display Technology: LED
- Display Size: 40 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
The Samsung LED 6300: LED picture quality meets Auto Motion Plus 120Hz technology, with gorgeous results. The 6300's LED Ultra Clear Panel absorbs ambient light and virtually eliminates reflections, for a more comfortable viewing environment. It's beautiful form and function, complementing the most stylish of décor.
From the Manufacturer
The Samsung LED 6300: LED picture quality meets 120 Hz Clear Motion Rate technology, with gorgeous results. Samsung LED backlighting technology and advanced processing deliver a picture with an exceptionally large range of contrast and color, so images appear more real. Samsung’s 120 Hz Clear Motion Plus technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness that’s clearly ahead of the competition. The 6300’s LED Ultra Clear Panel absorbs ambient light and virtually eliminates reflections, for a more comfortable viewing environment. It’s beautiful form and function, complementing the most stylish of décor.
Stunning at only 1.2 inch deep
- Screen Size: 40 inches
- Full 1080p HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- 120 Hz Clear Motion Rate: Samsung 120 Hz technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness thats clearly ahead of the competition.
- Ultra Slim Design: Stunning ultra slim depth – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LED Energy Efficient, up to 50% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the "genuine" stereo sound.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Swivel Stand
- HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) version 1.3: 4 back
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 2 back
- Component video input: 1 back
- Optical sound output: 1 back
- PC input: 1 back
- Ethernet: 1 back
- TV without stand: 37.8 x 21.7 x 1.2 inches (WxHxD); 27.1 pounds
- TV with stand: 37.8 x 25.6 x 10.1 inches (WxHxD); 35.1 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
- Wall Mount: Picture frame-style mount for simple installation. Mounting hardware included. Learn more about the Samsung WMN1000B Fixed Low-Profile Wall Mount.
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
|This Product Is ENERGY STAR® Qualified|
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy--plus they help us all save money while making a difference. Find out more about ENERGY STAR.
Top Customer Reviews
We had considered the cheaper but highly rated Samsung LN40C630. Ultimately we went with the more energy efficient UN40C6300, which is also sleeker and has a higher contrast ratio, and we've been very happy with our choice. Between those two models, we felt it was really a win-win decision.
The image looks beautiful, although I couldn't really compare it to other makes of models.
It supports 1080p MKV video files with every codec that I tried: H.264, AAC, AC3, DTS...
DLNA works great using the software from Samsung. For those that don't know what it is: It reads video files from your PC or other DLNA server like it does with flash drives, with the exception that it doesn't support rewinding and fast forwarding. It supports "stepping" though (jump 10 seconds forward or backwards), which is not as good (every jump takes time), but for me, it's good enough. If you leave the button pressed, it performs several jumps at once, effectively replicating the rewind/fast forward functionality, though not as "nice" to use.
The only drawbacks that I noticed:
1) Other TV's do support rewind/fast forward over DLNA. Why not this one?
2) It only supports the FAT, FAT32 and NTFS filesystems for flash drives. exFAT support would be good to read video files of more than 4 GB without having to format the drive using NTFS (writing NTFS flash drives hinders performance on Windows 7).
3) Doesn't support subtitles embedded in MKV files, you need to extract them to a separate SRT file using mkvextract.
Update: Support for non-perfect video files is not good, since it completely stops playback after what seems to be an error in the file. My Sony blu-ray player just skips a few seconds and continues playing.