- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung UN40C6300 40-Inch 1080p LED TV - Graphite
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Samsung
- Model Number: UN40C6300
- Display Technology: LED-lit
- Display Size: 40 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
From the Manufacturer
The Samsung LED 6300: LED picture quality meets 120 Hz Clear Motion Rate technology, with gorgeous results. Samsung LED backlighting technology and advanced processing deliver a picture with an exceptionally large range of contrast and color, so images appear more real. Samsung’s 120 Hz Clear Motion Plus technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness that’s clearly ahead of the competition. The 6300’s LED Ultra Clear Panel absorbs ambient light and virtually eliminates reflections, for a more comfortable viewing environment. It’s beautiful form and function, complementing the most stylish of décor.
Stunning at only 1.2 inch deep
- Screen Size: 40 inches
- Full 1080p HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- 120 Hz Clear Motion Rate: Samsung 120 Hz technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness thats clearly ahead of the competition.
- Ultra Slim Design: Stunning ultra slim depth – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LED Energy Efficient, up to 50% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the "genuine" stereo sound.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Swivel Stand
- HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) version 1.3: 4 back
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 2 back
- Component video input: 1 back
- Optical sound output: 1 back
- PC input: 1 back
- Ethernet: 1 back
- TV without stand: 37.8 x 21.7 x 1.2 inches (WxHxD); 27.1 pounds
- TV with stand: 37.8 x 25.6 x 10.1 inches (WxHxD); 35.1 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
- Wall Mount: Picture frame-style mount for simple installation. Mounting hardware included. Learn more about the Samsung WMN1000B Fixed Low-Profile Wall Mount.
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
The picture is amazing. Although there are some issues with extremely fast movement, creating "artifacts", the picture quality is superb. The LED back-lighting is new in my household, so we weren't sure what to expect. The blacks are inky, and the brights could sear eyeballs if you turn the brightness to maximum. Compared to the Sony, changing channels is super quick and the remote control feels lighter and has a more intuitive layout. What's interesting to me is that the picture this Samsung produces is much smoother than what I've witnessed on any other TV. Whatever the difference their video-processing provides, I like it. This may sounds strange, but if you stare at this Samsung, versus almost any other maker, you'll be able to recall more of what you saw in the picture. Maybe the picture is easier on your eyes, but in the end it "just works".
Don't expect everything to be perfect though. In extremely fast scenes, the "artifact" issues are noticeable. There is also a screen uniformity issue on my unit where the bottom right and left tend to bloom with light when the screen should be deep black and the LED back-light is on. (Dear Samsung: if you can fix my unit, I'll up my score from FOUR stars to FIVE).
Overall, I would recommend this television for consumers looking for a 3-5 year television investment. 3-D televisions are going to be the next big thing, but if you don't want to spend a fortune paying off 3-D TV makers development costs, this is the TV for you.
The number one most grating flaw of this television is caused by what has been termed the "panel lottery". Basically Samsung no longer produces all of the panels it uses in this model, instead outsources to different manufacturers.
I ended up with a CN02 panel which is by a chineese manufacturer and is considered the bottom of the barrel and can agree. What caused me to learn of this lottery was internet research as to why my TV looked so awful compared to the ones in the stores.
What really destroyed this TV for me was horrible, (AND I MEAN HORRIBLE) backlight bleeding/flashlighting. Uniformity on the CN02 panel is the worst I have ever seen on any LCD including computer monitors. I had a distinct X pattern from all 4 corners including circles ranging in diameter from a baseball to a marble scattered all throughout the image.
Rather then play the lottery again since you cannot specify which panel you want inside the television, I set up an exchange through amazon which was fantastic and purchased an LG model instead which cost the same, is slightly bigger, and has many more features. Best off, the LG models seem to use one uniform IPS panel instead of these god awful CN panels samsung is trying to get away with.
I'm not saying this set will be horrible for everyone. Maybe I just got horribly unlucky with a bad panel, but based on the numerous online discussions regarding samsung's quality control issues and panel lottery, i'd rather not take the chance on another.
I bought this TV in August and after only THREE months of light use (12 weeks of less than ten hours a week of usage), the TV literally melted down. I was watching it from my couch last night and the LED TV went black and randomly started clicking on and off, simultaneously the internal power supply started to meltdown and filled my house with toxic smelling black smoke. All this happened in less than 30 seconds. I unplugged the TV to get it to stop melting and billowing black smoke. Super scary. I had to open the doors and windows for an hour when it was freezing out before my house stopped smelling. I did some online research today and it seems that at least thousands of people have had a problem with their Samsung TV power supplies failing (that is what I assume has happened here but only a technician could confirm). Google search for: Samsung TV power supply problems. Also look at consumeraffairs.com and there are 125 pages of complaints.
I contacted Amazon customer service and will update this review once I hear from them. The TV started back up after cooling down however, I am afraid to plug it in because I don't want my house to burn down if it overheats again when I am out of the room or not home.
Where is the Quality Control Samsung? Why on earth would they keep putting in third party power supplies (capacitors) that fail so quick?
I was fooled by the slim profile and amazing picture. Not again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
More than a little late in getting this review off. However after four years of use I can say unequivocally that this is still the best tv I have ever owned. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Delmarva
I've had this for about 4 years and it's still going strong. No dead pixels, nice and thin, and although there have been many TV's since that have smaller bezels, sleeker designs,... Read morePublished on March 4, 2014 by Will
The UN40C6300 worked wonderful for 49 days (no adjustments needed). Color crisp, sound sharp, motion accurate. The TV I bought was refurbished. On the 49th day the sound went. Read morePublished on April 28, 2013 by goodnumber8
Gave it a four because of the cracking noise when you turn it off. Awesome TV. Had it for 2+ years and no problems. Great picture, solid sound. Obviously thin. Read morePublished on March 14, 2013 by Bob-Cobb
Great picture. I can't seem to turn it up enough to hear it well at times... which is what I knew from previous reviews about Samsungs. Read morePublished on January 12, 2013 by Megan S.
I bought this TV new in 10/2010. This was a fantastic TV for 2 years and 1 month, not much reliability for $1067. Read morePublished on November 17, 2012 by West Texas
We've used this TV for a little over a year with no problems. The picture is very good, and doesn't suffer from the color and contrast problems noticed with the Sony WEGA it... Read morePublished on February 28, 2012 by Peter Heide