Lyft BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 254 reviews(5 star). See all 394 reviews
on December 2, 2015
Disclaimer: I bought this TV at BestBuy only because it was five minutes away and Amazon/Best Buy price match. That said...

This is a beautiful TV and recently I learned that the "too real" look can be fixed!!! It's called the Soap Opera Effect and there's lots of videos on Youtube if you use that word in the search bar. However, I'm going to save you time by saying it comes down to adjusting the judder setting. Here's how you do it...

Click on Picture> Picture Options> Scoll down to Auto Motion Plus>Click Custom.
You should see a slider bar called JUDDER. Scroll to 0 (Zero) and you have a standard TV look. Scroll to 10 (Ten) and you have the Soap Opera Effect (everything looks like behind the scenes on a set.) ~ The closer you are to zero, the lesser the SOE. For me, a nice balance is 5 on this TV, but adjust it to your liking. :-)

Back to my review: Now that's out of the way, I like how Netflix, Youtube, and other stations can come up quickly. It has a quad-core processor and is very responsive to me. It transitions easily from cable to my PS4 to Netflix, depending on which HDMI I want. Folks, keep in mind - this is a 4K TV... most of these cost several thousand dollars. In five years or so, they will only be a few hundred bucks. This price point of $599 for a 48" as of this posting - is one hella of a deal. Can't go wrong - go ahead and buy it!
review image
1212 comments| 218 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2016
I received my TV the other day (in pretty formidable packaging - a smaller box surrounded by weird packing material inside a larger box - no broken parts like others have complained about) and just set it up today. So far I love it. My biggest YES! - moment came when I realized it had a mini-jack audio-out so I could hook up my Sennheiser wireless headphone's transmitter directly to the TV without going through fancy adapters and jump through RCA plug hoops just to get them working (as I did for my LG 43" which only had optical audio-out). Other reviewers here have complained about the lack of background depth and grey-toned backlight in low ambient light and I'm not a fanatic videophile, but I don't see it. The blacks are black and the picture looks great - it really does upscale the HD to UHD-esque on non-UHD programming. I took the advice to view some 4K/UHD videos on YouTube and I was sufficiently impressed. Set-up was beyond easy and after punching in my Netflix and Amazon passwords (and upgrading to Netflix UHD - an extra 4bucks/mo.) I was ready to go. So far I only have 2 minor complaints: 1. the plastic base of the TV is pretty flimsy - I tightened the screws as far as they could go without stripping them and it still kinda wobbles (I wonder what will happen in an earthquake here in So. Cal.). 2. When you activate the mute button a little "speaker with a slash through it" icon flashes up and down the left side of the screen. No big deal except that when I use the headphones I have to mute the TV's sound and the flashing icon was annoying. The only way to turn it off is to turn the volume on the TV down to zero. Luckily, the headphones themselves have a volume switch, so it's not a horrible thing. So, after a few hours of happiness - and especially because I was able to get it on sale on Amazon for $499.00 - I have to say I'm pretty impressed. We'll see what the future brings...
on March 14, 2017
Great picture! We purchased this refurbished television and it is just perfect for our large family room. The picture is clear and precise and the sound is spot on. We now have three Samsung flat screen televisions and they do not disappoint.
on December 16, 2015
Please folks if you did not know when reading reviews use the selection option to pick the size screen you want to review...from what I gather Samsung makes all the panels for their 65 inch and larger sets(maybe 60?) and that makes a HUGE(Trump Voice) difference. This review is for the 65inch

I do not remove stars for shipping issues and this one had boatloads of them....Used Amazon installer and that was flawless.

Picture is excellent...if your buying a sub $1500 dollar TV like I did you are not a super serious image geek so do not judge it like one. That being said this TV is great...there are a lot of setting to play with and turn off....dimming, echo, some other ones. Once you get a handle on that then the picture looks great. I was able to manipulate the setting with some online help and get a pretty good one setting fits all setup.

The fun though is switching between the 4 settings to see which looks best for what you are viewing..Sports, Movies, TV etc. For example I decided to check out a 4K show from Amazon Prime and it looked ok in Standard but switch it to Dynamic it was like the people were in my living room and not in that Soap Opera effect way(turn that off first thing).

The remote has a "Sports" button on it which is fun...it changes the sound and picture and it makes the football field look sort of neon green and the picture really bright then you turn that off....but funny thing is you keep going back to it...I am sure I will grow tired of it but def is a fun feature. The remote is ok overall however with so many options it would have been great to have 4 separate buttons for the 4 different TV settings and since you do a lot of input with the remote the arrow keys being bigger, back lit and further from the exit key should have been a must.

So far it has only been a few days but I have watched a movie, football, regular TV, 4K content, Netflix, Amazon Prime....for Video games you should switch to gaming mode. DO NOT be afraid to play with the settings, you can always restore it to factory setting. Check out a calibration web site and follow their lead.

Wireless set up in a second and I was streaming right away and the apps were easy to use. My 5 year old had Netflix working in a minute. I may add a sound bar down the road and will update when I do.

Again read the reviews for THIS SIZE Tv and not the other sizes. I almost cancelled this TV and got a more expensive one and I am thrilled I did not. I believe the only difference from my research between this and the JU6500 is a few extra ports. I do not see it being an issue for me.
on December 8, 2015
The television itself is quite nice with an incredible image and very easy setup. It's quite an improvement to our plasma that it replaced and that was a nice set with an excellent picture. We watched one UHD documentary from Amazon Prime and the picture was nothing short of stunning. I'd recommend this set for anyone with average needs.

The delivery process from Amazon was another story. The purchase included free white glove delivery with a set delivery time. We were scheduled to receive our set on a Friday afternoon, on Wednesday we received a notice that stated that there were delivery issues and that we needed to make a new appointment.

I made a new appointment for the following Monday and the set was subsequently delivered. The delivery person in charge was rude and condescending according to my wife. Also when I looked at the tracking information provided by the delivery company it showed my set having been delivered to their local site two days before the original delivery date so it seems that I was denied my original delivery date due to some failure on their part to meet their commitments.

Sadly more and more of my Prime deliveries seem to be missing their promised dates, Amazon needs to do things better as we do have other options.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2017
Two years later, and this TV in amazing. The sound bar doesn't always work, but we turn eveyrthing off and voila.
on February 5, 2016
I have a 30 inch six year old Samsung in my bedroom. Always thought it was clear and bright. Bought this when the big box dinosaur he in the family room died. The six is perfect and the picture is beyond perfect. Excellent delivery also
on March 27, 2016
WOW! Best 4K Smart TV for the $$. I shopped all the competitors: LG, Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, and even the sub-tier cheapos from Vizeo and ended up buying this from Amazon. It was delivered carefully and set up by two fellows and within 5 minutes I was up and running--enjoying amazing clarity even on dated TV shows. This TV is really worth the price of admission and for under $1000 delivered, you get a perfect sized screen for most living rooms, a decent set of speakers (I use a separate sound bar system anyway), and a simple menu process to select your "Smart" shows and movies. This is my third Samsung TV in the past 15 years and I continue to come back to them every time I am looking to move up, technologically.
on July 28, 2016
Great tv for the price. Great color distinction and great clarity. Love watching football on this tv!!!
on February 25, 2016
I love this TV. Quality Picture. Sound is good. I don't know what else to say.

On another note. The delivery and setup included in the order was great!