- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung UN46B7000 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra-slim 46-inch LED HDTV with full HD 1080p resolution for the sharpest picture possible
- LED technology enables a true-to-life range of picture brightness; uses 40 percent less energy than conventional LCD TVs
- Internet@TV online content service from Yahoo!, Flickr, YouTube via your broadband connection
- Inputs: 4 HDMI, 1 component, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 PC, 1 optical digital audio output
- Includes detachable swivel table stand; measures 44.4 x 30.2 x 10.8 inches (WxHxD) with stand
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Samsung
- Model Number: UN46B7000
- Display Technology: LED-lit
- Display Size: 46 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
An LED screen delivers higher brightness and contrast ratio than any other flat-screen TV format. It has much greater color depth than ordinary LCD and is more stable than plasma technology. For best picture quality, go with LED. Touch of Color - high-gloss finish black with red accents Built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required) Built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required) LED edge backlight for high contrast and natural colors Auto Motion Plus 120Hz anti-blur technology for clearer motion 4-millisecond pixel response time 1,000,000 - 1 dynamic contrast ratio x.v.Color support 1-tuner picture-in-picture Built-in down-firing stereo speakers (15 watts x 2) Illuminated remote control Anynet+ simplifies remote control for compatible Samsung components (HDMI-CEC) 5 A/V inputs, including - 1 component video (selectable component/composite), 4 HDMI v1.3 accepts signals up to 1080p (60Hz, 24Hz), PC input - analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin), RF input for antenna/cable signals Ethernet port with Internet@TV content streaming and customizable Widgets Can stream content from a DLNA-compliant media server (wireless capable with optional USB adapter) Optical digital audio output for Dolby Digital 2 USB ports for digital photo/video/MP3 playback Pre-loaded HD content, including an image
From the Manufacturer
Redefining the standards for viewing quality, energy-efficiency and home entertainment decor, the Samsung 7000 Series LED HDTV deliver unparalleled picture quality and enhanced connectivity while also helping you reduce your carbon footprint with the reduced power consumption of the LED screen. Using Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) as its primary light source--rather than traditional Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (CCFL)--this cutting edge HDTV also offers the benefits of an ultra-high contrast ratio and a slim depth that allows for a more artful design.
The 7000 Series features Samsung's new InternetTV online content service. Developed with Yahoo!, InternetTV uses either a wired or wireless Ethernet connection to access content onscreen from Yahoo!, Flickr, YouTube and more with the push of a button. The widget-based interface and scrollbar run along the bottom of the screen for easy browsing of the latest programs and content. And this HDTV is accented by Samsung's TOC (Touch of Color), which offers a hint of a translucent color around the edges of the unit for a uniquely fashionable look.
- Screen Size: 46 inches
- Full 1080p HD (Learn more)
- Breakthrough LED picture quality with true-to-life brightness ranging from the purest black to pristine white. ((Learn more)
- Energy Savings: Samsung's LED TVs use up to 40 percent less power than conventional LCD TVs. (Learn more)
- Ultra-slim Design: 1.2-inch depth
- Blazing 4ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs.
- Mega dynamic contrast ratio
- HD-Grade Pixel Resolution: High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: Advanced processing that reduces blur and enhances image detail when viewing fast motion video sequences. (Learn more)
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced LCD technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Side-mounted USB 2.0 port: connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV's audio system or your home theater system.
- Touch of Color (ToC): Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish red tone. (Learn more)
- Wide Color Enhancer Pro optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors.
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources.
- Audio: Two down-firing stereo speakers (10-watts each, for 20 watts of total power) with subwoofer
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- Content Library (2 GB Flash Memory): Built-in library contains photo art gallery, games, workout routines, recipes, and other interesting digital content. Additional items and updates are available from Samsung.com.
- DLNA-compatible for better interopability with electronics, computers and mobile devices from many different manufacturers (Learn more)
- Anynet Plus (HDMI-CEC) allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- V-Chip system allows blocking of rated TV and movie programs determined by a parent to contain objectionable content.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Variable sleep timer can be programmed to turn the TV off at different time intervals.
- Crystal Neck Swivel Stand
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Medi2.0 lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more via on-screen TV widgets. (Learn more)
- HDMI (version 1.3): 4 side
- USB: 2 side
- Component video: 1 bottom
- PC input: 1 bottom
- Ethernet: 1 bottom
- Optical digital audio output: 1 side
- TV without stand: 51.7 x 32.1 x 1.2 inches (WxHxD); 48.9 pounds
- TV with stand: 51.7 x 39.2 x 12 inches (WxHxD); 60.4 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
- Wall Mount: Picture frame-style mount for simple installation. Mounting hardware included. Learn more about the Samsung WMN1000B Fixed Low-Profile Wall Mount.
|Full HD, or 1080p, contains 1.5 times more scanning lines than conventional HD TVs. More scanning lines mean more pixels, more details and a better picture. The new Samsung LCD TV with resolution that is approximately 2 times greater than conventional HDTVs, creating the most perfect picture imaginable. |
Samsung’s 1080p panel uses a new high-speed liquid crystal to cut response time to 4ms. The fast response time, coupled with Samsung’s Auto Motion Plus 120Hz motion blur reduction technology dramatically reduces motion blur and judder.
|Compared to a traditional CCFL, LEDs produce darker blacks that appear endlessly deep to the eye. Whites also remain crisp and bright with vivid colors. The result is picture quality that measures up to the natural beauty of life. For instance, Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer Pro feature lets consumers enjoy a broader color palette. The Ultra Clear Panel further allows the preservation of every detail even in brightly-lit, imperfect viewing conditions. This is done by effectively allowing more light to pass through the screen and simultaneously reducing reflections from ambient light. And with an adaptive "Natural" mode, Samsung's LED HDTVs can combine the recognized brightness advantage of LCD displays with the cinema-like viewing experience of plasma displays by automatically optimizing picture settings. |
|The benefits of using LEDs include not only improved picture quality, but also reduced power consumption levels to easily meet the stringent new Energy Star v3.0 guidelines. The LED modules are mercury-free, which makes for cleaner manufacturing and safer recycling when compared with backlight technologies currently available. In the LED HDTV line, energy consumption is reduced by 40 percent versus traditional LCD HDTVs of a similar size. The LED HDTVs also include a power indicator menu, and an optimized energy savings mode. In addition, these TVs require less material to manufacture and are thinner, reducing packing material and consumer waste. The smaller packaging allows for more units to be shipped and less fuel to be consumed at a time which potentially reduces Samsung's carbon footprint. |
|This technology doubles the frame rate from 60 to 120 frames per second (120Hz LCD panel) without repeating the same image to make more frames. Instead, the TV intelligently calculates the ‘middle’ image between frame A and frame B and inserts it in between (Auto Motion Plus 120Hz processor), making a fluid transition from one frame to the next. |
|In 2008, Samsung created its unique Touch of Color (ToC) design, which uses dual-injection molding to coat a translucent, colored surface to achieve an attractive crystalline appearance. The latest evolution of Samsung's ToC design begins with a deep piano black bezel that fades into distinct chrome that finishes as light ruby highlights on the 7000 and 7000 Series LED HDTVs. The intensity of the color subtly changes depending upon the viewing angle, and further accentuates these TV's slim bezels.|
|You already know something about digital living. There’s the TV and digital video recorder in your family room. (And another set in your bedroom.) You have a PC and digital printer in your office, along with a network attached storage device. And you’ve copied all your music onto your portable music player and haven’t had to open a CD case for years. But getting them to talk to each other can be pretty tough. Why is it still so difficult to send digital content from one device to another? |
Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a collaboration of the world’s leading consumer electronics, PC and mobile companies that has created design guidelines for a new generation of products that can work together — no matter the brand.
Think for a moment about all of the photos "locked away" on your home PC that you wish you could access while entertaining your friends and family. Now, thanks to DLNA enabled devices, a DLNA-enabled PC can be accessed from the comfort of your living room or family room via a DLNA-enabled HDTV, where you can enjoy your memories with friends and family, without having to deal with the hassle and non-intuitive "PCexperience".
Or, say you recently downloaded your daughter’s birthday party video from your digital camcorder to your PC. Now you want to share it with your parents who are visiting. Without DLNA, you probably have to burn a DVD of the video or hook up the camcorder to the TV. With DLNA, you can just use your TV’s remote to call up the video on your TV. That's it.
|Medi2.0 lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more on screen. It also includes a content library so you can enjoy pre-loaded content, such as cooking recipes and fitness exercises. Plus, DLNA CERTIFIED connectivity lets you remotely access your PC's personal media so that you can download music, video, and photos and enjoy them anywhere in the home your TV is. Finally USB 2.0 multi-media center lets you connect a thumb drive or a digital camera quickly and easily. |
Rent or Buy more than 50,000 Titles from Amazon Video On DemandWith Amazon Video On Demand, Samsung customers can now instantly watch more than 50,000 commercial-free movies and television shows, including hit new releases and the latest episodes available in HD.
|Using an intuitive interface, customers can order movies right from their couch and enjoy instant playback without waiting for lengthy downloads or annoying commercials. Prices start as low as $.99 and no subscription fee is required. |
Choose from thousands of movies and TV shows by browsing in the Amazon Video On Demand section on your Samsung TV. Access and add to your virtual library of purchases via Amazon Video On Demand’s Your Video Library and re-watch anytime on your Samsung TV, your PC or Mac and other compatible devices.
|Rent or Buy |
Renting and purchasing titles is a snap with the power of Amazon’s 1-click purchasing. Order new release movies and the latest TV shows right from your couch and you’re watching within seconds. Prices start as low as $.99.
Using your Samsung TV, enjoy Amazon Video On Demand’s high quality video on any TV. Videos playback instantly, without waiting for a download. Purchases and rentals are added to Your Video Library and stored online by Amazon so you can conveniently watch them on your Samsung television, PC or Mac, and other compatible devices.
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
This TV does more with less. It weighs only about 40 pounds plus another 10 pounds for the stand. Compare that with the older Samsung 950 model of the same size which weighs 70 pounds. The elegant stand allows for easy rotation. The TV is only a little over one inch thick! Power consumption has been measured by reviewers at about 105 watts. The 950 model comes in at 180 watts.
The picture is great. The contrast ratio, rated at 3,000,000 to 1, exceeds that of older LCD TVs. The black areas are dark and the picture has an almost 3D quality. There are four preset picture options. I chose the "normal" setting. The next higher setting, "standard", makes infield grass look almost dayglow. I do not think that there is a need to have any further adjustment done on the picture. However, there is an automatic dimming of the overall brightness for dark scenes. For instance, when the credits of a movie run against a black background the lettering becomes dimmer. This has no effect on sports, but does effect dark movie scenes.
The screen surface does reduce reflections but does not eliminate them entirely. The black frame is shiny and does also reflect some light. Rotating the screen to the best angle helps.
The remote provides choices for four picture size variations. I use "16:9" for the HD format or "wide" to make the non-HD, 4:3, video fill the screen. That loses some of the 4:3 picture at the top and bottom edges, but the picture quality is still good.Read more ›
One thing I do want to mention is that Samsung's Auto Motion Plus (AMP) is something that takes time to get used to, if you choose to use it. The funnies thing I've read about this TV is a person who paid over $2k and then sent the TV back because they said TV made everything they watched "look cheap, like a soap opera", so they rated TV one star, shipped it back to the store and bought a different brand. As soon as I got the TV hooked up, I popped in Matrix II into the DVD player and I did notice what that person was talking about. Entire movie didn't feel quite like a movie, but more like someone was holding a video camera and was following all the car chases and everything else. It did remind me of those "cheap" TV programs, but is also looked kind of like you are actually there. I read more about it and realized that if I turn off AMP, the TV will show everything "normally" and there is absolutely no reason to send it back if AMP is not your thing.
However, I read more about AMP and from what I can tell, it is the imperfections in normal movies and motion blur that we are all used to. What AMP does is figure out where all moving objects are, "unblurs" them and actually plays back the scene at 120fps instead of 24fps. Extra frames are extrapolated based on object motion in the scene.Read more ›
1. I was not convinced by the people who were claiming that there were serious issues with this TV. One reviewer claimed to have seen trails in large dark objects. I went to the store and found NO ability to see it, and it was right next to the 750 (and a lot of other sets). As to the LED being edge and thus the lighting being inconsistent, ditto. I am not saying that it's all lies and local dimming is useless. I am saying that it's not something I can see right now (and that's really all I care about).
2. This set is INSANELY thin. I have a space for mine where this actually makes a big difference.
3. I like to vote with my dollars. This is the lowest consuming television ever made. The CNET list of sets showed that the range was 8:1, which is pretty phenomenal if you think about it; in cars, mileage is not even that spread out. This is a REMARKABLE achievement and it's a drag to hear people whining about dumb little imperfections that 99% of people would never see while they are buying from the other end of the spectrum. Of course, the amount of energy less you are going to use is not going to make a revolution, but a tiny percentage of all TVs using this amount would make a huge difference (game theory 101).
The biggest difference from my prior set (Westinghouse LCD) is this one actually has blacks.
The controls, menus, remote, etc., are all fine (I use a universal remote). Having a bunch of HDMI ports is great. I plugged in the connection to the web and looked at the Yahoo Widgets.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We love our TV, has a great picture. It does a weird thing once in a while where half the screen kind of flickers. Read morePublished on November 24, 2013 by Cmj
Yes, five stars! This is the perfect TV for my man-cave. The size is good for watching sports anywhere in the cave'Published on November 13, 2012 by Edward Laska
We have enjoyed this HDTV for almost 2.5 years.
But the screen has just self destructed with an overlay of colored vertical bars. Read more
I have a Sony Bravia and a Sharp 70" that have better features and specs but I must say I paid a lot more for them. Read morePublished on January 6, 2012 by Matrixx9
I have had this tv now for 2 years and have loved it everyday I have used it. Ultra thin and visible from basically every angle. Read morePublished on December 17, 2011 by D. Jacobsen
Title says it all! Bought this to replace an LG plasma that died after only 3 years. Was a little worried that an LCD would no be able to match the blacks of plasma, but this LED... Read morePublished on August 2, 2010 by Electricks
This TV is great and the picture is phenomenal, it blows away the older LCD sets that pixelated during fast motion. Read morePublished on July 23, 2010 by GISGUY34
I purchased this TV one month ago. It was exceptionally easy to hook-up. I hung it over my fireplace using the Samsung Ultra-Slim Wall Mount. Read morePublished on April 13, 2010 by Brea Bob
OMG! I love this TV. If it had a vagina and could make coffee, I would marry it! lmao. It is the best TV I ever owned.JMCPublished on March 25, 2010 by Captain Cole