Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 88 reviews
on October 25, 2012
I received the 46" 3D HD TV today. I set it up and had it running in 45 minutes. It replaced my older Samsung TV which was still in good condition. Contrary to what I have heard, this TV has a great sound. I may not hook up my Speaker Bar. Contrary to what I'v read, the picture is excellent. I have two gripes: The literature does not say which Key Boards (Brand / model) work with the TV other than Samsung --that sells for around a hundred bucks. Issue Two: The attachment of the stand to the TV is 100% junk. I mean garbage, tin foil, refuse designed by a madman. To attach it one must lay the TV on its face and attach the stand with four screws. If the four TANGS do not all engage properly, the TV leans so badly it might fall over. It's a good TV BUT BEST BUY has dropped it this week. A 47" model apparently replaced it. ALSO Samsung NOW sells this online for $969.99 as of this week with FREE shipping.
on November 24, 2015
The TV picture and features are GREAT, BUT... Samsung has NO Quality Control or CUSTOMER SERVICE. We've had our TV for Just 3 Years and it barely gets used. The Wifi receiver started going on it a little over a Year ago. I would go to log onto Netflix and I couldn't connect as my TV would log off of the Wifi. I would have to unplug the tv, then re-plug it in for the Wifi to be detected. Not much of a problem once I was able to log back on.
Just two weeks ago I noticed the TV was logged off again, so I did a search for the network...nothing came up. I tried the un-plug / re-plug and nothing. After a VERY LONG chat session and several phone calls (which everyone immediately wants to send a service person out to your house at YOUR COST), it was determined that the Wifi receiver was shot. It will be about $300 to get this fixed.
I Googled the issue with Samsung TV's, and it's an apparent problem, but the Customer Service department will not help with the repair because they are "unaware" of any issues. I told them to Google the issue themselves, but they claimed that it wouldn't help as my model TV doesn't have any reported issues.
Needless to say, Samsung doesn't stand behind their product, nor are they willing to work with you when you have an issue unless your TV is less than 12 Mo's old. Buyer Beware...A TV should last much longer than 3 Years!!!
on March 16, 2013
This one does not have the silver trim as shown in brackets it is black. For the silver I was not willing to pay extra. My real need was the 2D to 3D conversion so I could watch all my 2D favorites in 3D. Word of caution here, 2D to 3D is not top of the line but it does do a fairly good job. I have even watched some of my favorite TV shows in 2D-3D mode and enjoy them.

3D is awesome, If you saw Avatar 3D in the theater and remember how the Ava's flowers came floating towards you when it came around on Jack Sulley, yes its that good.

The next big reason for getting Samsung is cause I have 3D DVD/Blue-ray player by Samsung and it makes it easy to integrate these units when you stay with the same brand. Yes you have to have a 3D Blue-ray or DVD player to watch the 3D movies. The 3D technology is reversible. That is you can convert 3D-2D if you end up having guests and don't have enough 3D glasses.

Picture quality is great but the sound is from really small speakers so I have for now an external amp. You should know though that hooking up an external amp without the HDMI cable wont let you control the volume through TV remote. You will have to do that through the amp control or manually. I strongly recommend you use external speakers if you like higher volume or the bass will sound like someone knocking on the wall.

If you want a good sound and want to control it with your TV remote then get Samsung Sound bar and some are really a good deal on Amazon. I like mine to be a surround sound system. So when I upgrade to 65 or 80 inch Samsung TV in a couple of years, I will get that system. In these sound systems look for one feature you must have and that is HDMI cable connection. The TV remote will integrate through it.

Another really good thing I like about Samsung is you can chat with their Techs on line 24/7. So when I had issues with the sound I chat-ed with them they walked me through without rushing me and that's when I discovered my amp should have HDMI out in order to have TV control the amp. Word of caution here: The tech at the other end is there to help you so don't take out your frustration on them. Be nice state your problem and answer their question without adding gory details. They are only trying to troubleshoot the issue. At the end if you fill out a two minute survey, they will even email you the Chat conversation.

The auto back-light adjust that adjusts automatically to the room illumination is a joke. I left mine on manual.

Apart from that I like to view my PowerPoints and home video from my computer on big screen. I am not very savvy on wireless connections so I ordered VGA to HDMI converter to match computer to TV. Besides I really don't want my TV to be connected to the internet. Computer getting viruses is enough for me :). Any ways my next computer will also have HDMI out on it :).

See you are now in the digital technology so anything you have analog is not going to fit like a glove. Once you start going digital you will eventually need to upgrade your equipments to digital. Until then you will end up having to make-do.

Most other points are covered by other writers so I will leave it at that and update if I find something new.

Hope that helps.
on February 24, 2013
I don't understand why this TV is getting any negative reviews. The picture is unbelievable and the only adjustment I made was to change the picture mode to Natural. All of the other settings look fantastic. The TV is connected to a built-in WIFI AT&T Uverse receiver and set-up was effortless. The Smart TV is excellent and Amazon Prime instant videos stream flawlessly. I also purchased Finding Nemo in 3D. Having never watched anything in 3D previously, I didn't know what to expect. I'd rather not have to wear the glasses, but they were OK. The movie was incredible in 3D. This is a beautiful television. I highly recommend it. It's my third Samsung TV.
on March 6, 2013
This tv is worth every penny. Got it on sale right after the super-bowl which was $100 cheaper. Great picture and enough settings to satisfy. Plenty of connections and the 3d is a nice bonus. Though I don't use it all the time but its a nice feature for an every now and then watch. Specs are amazing & most others on the market can't match. Using my amazon card qualified for special financing offer which is o interest for 24 months. Split between my fiance, this is my cheapest bill which won't kill my budget at all. Simple setup and ease of use. Still haven't played around with all the smart hub functions yet. Really only use it for Pandora, sometimes redbox instant & cnet. There are plenty of other streaming video apps but still seems like no one can get youtube right. The best one so far seems to be 360 (if you pair it with a keyboard) but that shouldn't deter anyone from this tv. Must buy.
on May 14, 2013
The picture is great. It is bright and looks great in daylight also.
The Smart TV is not that great. It is works sometimes. I use the Amazon TV app and sometimes it does not connect.
Don't know exactly where the problem lies but the Sony Blue-ray player seems to connect to Amazon TV perfectly.
I like the slim Bezel and it is light which makes it easy to move around and mount on the wall.
The sound on the TV is not great. The 3D feature was okay as the technology is still in its infancy.
Overall I like the TV because the picture is great.
on January 24, 2013
So I purchased this set to replace a Panisonic LED LCD that had issues keeping up with sports. You can see that review here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00752RABI/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_hst_1. I then put up the extra $$$ for this set as I have a 2yo version of the Samsung 6500 series in my living room. That 55" has an incredible picture, smooth motion for sports and very little lag when playing Xbox. This 46" is a totally different story. The screen uniformity was not very good as it had flashlighting in all 4 corners that you could see in dark scenes and 2 clouds, one of which would show through dark scenes. Not good. I will have to say sports looked incredible on this. No issues with any of the NFL playoff games or college basketball. I did not watch any standard TV, network HD TV or BluRay so I cannot comment on that. As this was purchased to play Xbox and watch sports, the issue came with playing Xbox. I found that there was significant lag even when in "game mode". It did not matter what cable you used (HDMI vs Component), there was lag. It became very apparent when playing Rock Band. The notes vertically would look clear then start to smear together then clear up. This does not happen on my other Samsung 6500 TV. I saw some weird artifacts while playing "The Walking Dead" as well. I really wanted this TV to work but unfortunately it went back. I will give Amazon 5 stars as they are incredible to work with for purchases like this.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2013
This HDTV came bundled with a Samsung 3D WIFI Blu-Ray player and when a 3D movie is played the 3D is just fabulous. I would have never dreamed that it could be that good. I'm a little hearing impaired and sometimes I use closed captioning. With a 3D movie the captioning appears to be in the middle of my living room.

I bought a keyboard for this, too, and it works well. I can read my newspaper or check the weather or any number of other things without having to start up my computer.

Very well designed!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
The smart hub is finally worth it once they added the amazon app. If I had to do it again, I would get the dual core model, as the app speed does seem to be impacted by having only one processor.

There are constant firmware updates, that have to get applied once a week or so. The smart hub always seems to need an update,. That can get annoying.

Other than that, a decent replacement for my Sony Bravia.
on April 7, 2014
I have been using this TV for more than 18 months and i love it. I was tempted to buy with 3D but with lack of 3D content and if you want to watch any 3d movie from disk then we would need a 3D player. Other than 3D the TV is good and you will not regret. Samsung should allow/develop more apps.
The Youtube app doesn't allow to stream live channels.