Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 231 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 321 reviews
on January 20, 2013
I replaced my bedroom Samsung 2004 projection TV with this one. Both are 46" screens. The old TV was getting a bit faded and the HDMI connector was becoming loose which caused video noise problems (even though I used component RGB). No surprisingly, the differences we striking. I also have a Samsung 58" Plasma and Blue-Ray DVD player in the living room. So far, I judge the new bedroom TV to be superior to the plasma but I am using component connections for the plasma and, based on what I'm seeing with the HDMI (cable box) connection I thibnk I'll try that for the plasma too.

Set up was relatively simple. WPS worked properly. Though the included owners guide is thorough, it is written by a non-English speaker and that makes it an exercise is encryption. Regardless, I got the TV to up what I assume was some kind of firmware (the on-screen message didn't define it) and add many Smart TV Apps. I also downloaded the ALLshare software to my PC. That was not a good experience and despite opting out of it, it added some kind of toolbar that overrode all my preferences for a home page in favor of some kind of (White Snake??)Search engine. That allowed me to use Allshare which, BTW, still is awful. Also, as many here have already said the pick and peck on-screen keyboard is a slow, frustrating means of character entry. That hasn't changed in years!!! I have not tried to program the remote so it operates my cable box but I was able to get my cable box remote to turn the TV on and off. I suspect this won't be a straight-forward process as my cable box isn't listed on their code list. I have a few wireless keyboard systems sitting around so I'll try to use one of them but I also know I have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting one to work with the TV. Samsung just doesn't get how angry many of its customers are about this. It needs to be addressed and done so it is backwardly compatible. I've only had the TV 1 day so more to come as it develops.
on January 24, 2013
TV picture is excellent. Low power consumption for such a large screeen is amazing, and very sharp. LED colors are very good, although my prior 46" Samsung LCD was slightly warmer colors that I did like. Excellent connections in back. Much lighter weight. Smaller boarders around the TV made it not look imposing. "Smart TV" lacks sufficient buffering for HD U-Tube. I got a new standard 3.0 modem and it boosted my speed from 4 MBPS to 13 MBPS with TWC "standard". I think that helped, but there was still some buffering on HD U-Tube. Standard format in U-Tube was fine with no buffering and we watched a full old movie with no interruptions. I tested the same HD U-Tube program through my computer and connect it to the TV with no buffering at all so that is an alternative work around . Overall I am very happy and glad I got it, and would give 5 stars if not for the Smart features being a little less than anticipated. P.S. Remote is awkward for typing in searches. Weather on old Samsung could be pulled up while still watching TV but leaves broadcaset on the new set. I also wish something other than MSN was the default web home page since typing is hard to go elsewhere.
on October 31, 2013
I bought this for my mom (she's 57 for reference), and she's thrilled. It's huge, and the picture quality is great. But what she really wanted was the internet integration. She's not super tech-savvy (don't get me wrong, she can do basic stuff on most electronics; she's not computer illiterate or anything), and having to switch inputs on the television and work different devices and remotes to use the internet was just too much. She'd just given up on watching Netflix, and she'd sometimes have to call me if she got stuck between devices. This makes it SO much easier. You push one button, and the app center comes up. The apps are fairly easy to navigate. She did need help with the initial set-up on some apps (like Netflix, you have to enter in your account information and such), but once that was done, she could handle it by herself with no problem and without having to switch remotes. Very pleased.
on March 20, 2013
Got this TV on sale when it was $1499 (the cheapest it seems to go down) and I've been very happy with it.

The "Smart" functions are user-friendly and respond quickly and the TV has a very sleek, thin design. I bought the this Smart TV version because I read better reviews than its "Dumb TV" equivalent but I find myself using the features all the time. Streaming Netflix and HBO go without using my Xbox is awesome.

The video quality is great as !!!***as long as the source of the video is good***!!! Some channels have stronger HD than others and that's where I think the criticism comes from. Channels like AMC, ESPN, HBO, etc look fantastic. Something on your local CW may not look as good.

As mentioned by many others, the biggest issue with this TV is the sound. You've really got to crank up the volume to get decent audio in the room. I plan to buy a sound bar, which will hopefully solve this.

If you're looking for a somewhat cheap HD TV and don't care about 3D, this is a good buy.
on May 2, 2013
I found this tv easy to connect into my system to replace a 7 year old Sony LCD HD 55 incher. Fabulous picture on this tv but one annoying problem that is cause for it to be returned. When changing from and HD cable channel to a non-HD channel, the screen goes black. If I cycle through the Smart Tv screen and then back to the cable input, the picture comes back. Same thing happend going the other way. Not acceptable. And not a cable provider problem because I never had this problem with the Sony HDTV. Too bad, this one had to go back. Now to figure out a replacement that will not have this problem but will have such a good picture....hmmm.
on April 2, 2013
Likes: Screen is nice and crisp, clear, levels of black are more than adequate. Smart TV functionality works well and wireless built-in is a nice bonus. Apps give added value (Netflix, Amazon Watch Instant, Pandora). DLNA implementation works well.

Dislikes: Smart TV functionality takes quite a while (subjectively) to load. Also seems to take a long while for account to login and for wireless as well as Apps to get to a working point. (Though once they are ready, there is no problem or delay)

Overall: Definitely worth the cost. Have had no problems with the TV. The DLNA implementation allows access to my media collection running on my computer, as well as streaming Netflix and Amazon allow for a great set that meets my needs, if not exceeds them.
on April 26, 2015
I have enjoyed this product but I have had issues regarding the screen. Within a year a defect showed up on the screen. a small white spot. Recently yet another defect turned up in the screen. A shadow just showed up in the upper left corner of the screen. I have several digital TV
sets older then this unit bought in Sep. 2012. None have had issues like this nor did they coast as much as this product. Should I buy another one?
Well I am not sure of the quality that has been spotty at best. A thousand dollars for less than three years service. One year if I consider the first defect.
on February 26, 2014
Had an older model Samsung 46" smart TV and figured I'd get a bigger 55" one. Not too happy with this one. If all I'm watching is TV then its decent picture quality but the Smart apps are very buggy. I can't count how many times I had to log back in to Netflix because I was inexplicably kicked off. The sound would also get choppy in the Youtube app and there was a period of time the TV would need to update itself everyday I tried using the Smart function. Called service center and they had me reset all the factory settings which was fine for a few days but the bugs are coming back now. Save yourself some money and get a regular TV with a Roku which has a better interface and I've never had issues with.
on January 12, 2013
I've had this TV for about three weeks. It has yet to work properly. Smart Hub is extremely slow to load. My apps mysteriously disappear, network connection fail periodically, and I cannot stream video via router or wi-fi direct. I have tried to get help from Samsung, but they don't have techs working on Saturday or Sunday. They keep claiming there is a server issue on their end, but I shouldn't be affected by a server if I'm streaming directly from my phone to the TV anyway. My GS III is streaming fine over the same network anyway. I'm trying to return the TV for a new one now. Let's see how that goes.
on June 28, 2017
I brought this product in 2013 and it still works great but at the time is was a little bit cheaper. The tv still works well, the delivery was awesome and I still enjoy it.