Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 127 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 177 reviews
on April 8, 2013
I have been looking for a new LED ever since I moved to the US. Samsung has a big competitor list here, so I did my homework and spend a lot of time researching what's out there. I chose this model and love it. Crystal clear picture, stunning black and amazingly vivid colors. I decided not to wait for the 2013 SmartTV lineup as the discounts on this 2012 line are unbelievable. For those, who will want to upgrade, the upgrade box (evolution kit) is supposed to launch soon, but I think the display quality is so unprecedented already, that this is the best value for money and will be for some long time.
Hookup is simple, but you should spend some time to set your visual settings (contract, brightness levels etc.). The default factory settings would make your picture too bright and black would be too gray. I decreased a lot of those default values and totally love it.
The TV can also learn to switch channels of your cable box (I have DirectTV). If only Samsung make a universal remote that you could teach your audio receiver's commands! I hate all remotes and you don't need any for this TV.
on April 3, 2015
I give SAMSUNG no stars after 2 yrs 4 months. I purchased the Samsung on 8/13/12 set it up 8/20/2012 I paid $2,300.00 for this Smart TV, "not a smart any more!" Just got off the phone with Samsung C.S. we don't have a MAC address! Sorry to tell you the part of your TV that connects to the Internet is no longer working. You do not have any warranty left, you can get it fixed, but you have to pay for it yourself! Go figure, this TV worked fine until Samsung did an update, from that day forward no Smart TV! Good luck if you ignore this warning! The only good thing is you might get by a lot cheaper than we did! Needless to say spending $2300.00 on a TV that doesn't do what we paid for has not met our expectations!!! Keep looking and good luck! Not a Samsung fan!
review image review image
on August 15, 2014
this is my second samsung tv,purchaesed 9/2012. the picture is big and beautifu,but i admit it has features i still haven't bothered to use,including the hand gestures. My 3D glasses from my older samsung 3D TV (Samsung UN46C8000 46-Inch 1080p 3D 240 Hz LED HDTV purchased in 2010) won't work with this newer TV. The reason for only 2 starsis this TV succumbed to the complaints already voiced by other reviewers,namely,it broke by 5/2014!It had the dreaded cycle on/off problem,due to faulty motherboard and/or power supply. A quick google search revealed this has been a fairly widespread probelm among Samsung TVs,even a prior class action lawsuit. To top it off,my Samsung Phone (Galaxy S4)also broke within 3 months of getting it back in 8/2013.Having two samsung products break within a year has shaken my confidence in this company. When I purchase another TV in the future,I will strongly consider other brands unless Samsung starts making more reliable products.
on November 24, 2015
I don't think I'll ever buy a Samsung TV again. The picture is great, but Smart Hub isn't very smart! There are many reports of this out in the forums. Smart Hub says its updating everytime I use the TV's Smart Hub. As a for instance: I turn the Smart Hub on and it wants to update. I connect to YouTube and Smart Hub says it wants to update. I connect to Netflix and it wants to update. I want to watch something, not wait!

The freaking TV is 'on' 24 hours a day, why can't it update and install when in standby mode, when no one is watching, not when someone pushes the Smart Hub button!!!! I am really perturbed by this. I have had this TV for about 3 years now and this is a constant annoyance, with no setting to schedule it or turn it off.

Samsung tech did a remote connection and he said this was as designed by Samsung. You can turn off updates in Standby Mode, that is all.
on November 10, 2016
Loved it so far.. Wireless stopped working from last night. Called Samsung and spent like 2 hours troubleshooting and finally gave up. They updated the firmware and still no luck. Samsung suggested to call a authorized service center to fix Issue. They sensed that LAN Card is gone. Called the Service Center and people there are not so helpful, they said it could be a major Issue and said to be prepared for the worst.Buy another TV!!!!!!. Cant believe a company like Samsung make such a product which could not survive 5 yrs atleast. I have 2 Sony TV never had any Issue one of my SONY is like 10 yr old and no Issues so far. Never buying a Samsung TV again.
on December 30, 2012
When the TV showed up the packaging was in great shape. The shipper helped me get it to the room. Setup is a breeze. The thing that took the longest was a few firmware updates when I connected the ethernet cable. Netflix runs very smooth and the picture is very good. I did however notice a stuck pixel centered and one third of the way down from the top of the screen, it was stuck on(clear or white). My heart sunk a little everytime a movie would show a dark screen and my eye would be pulled to the dot. I then checked on Sumsungs policy and was very happy they have a zero pixel tolerance for this model, especially with its location. I had an serviceman in my house three weeks later and even got to help him replace it. Picture is now perfect, but you will find youself switching the picture mode back and forth from "natural" and "movie", depending on what you are watching. One thing I would like to point out, for those of you who are worried about privacy with the camera mounted to the top, like I was; DO NOT WORRY, it has a very small physical knob on the back of the camera that allows you to rotate it down so its lense is completely blocked. If you plan on using it for 3D I would like to warn you that you will have to replace your old HDMI cables for the high speed HDMI cables they sell now. The 3D picture is great and the 3D conversion for normal TV is OK at best, it gives the picture some depth. Amazing TV!
on March 29, 2013
Delivery without extra charge was appreciated. The TV arrived in the original Samsung packaging and was in excellent condition. The TV was competitively priced although I never thought the day would come when I would spend well over a grand for a TV. Out of the box set-up was straightforward - I could do it myself with a little help from Verizon's customer service to activate their HD box. The visual appearance of the set and its stand is great. Switched on the picture quality is excellent, but there are many features which I have not yet explored, including the 3D capability, but that was not why I chose this model. Voice recognition is amusing but I am still able to operate a normal remote (haven't lost it yet). Hook up to a blue ray player was easy and the result very satisfying.

It helped that I am somewhat familiar with the Samsung menu pages, but if all of the learning curve yet to come proceeds as it started, I will be well satisfied and the pain of parting with so many dollars long forgotten.
on January 20, 2015
What a disappointment! I have always thought that Samsung makes quality products. I have paid lots of money for this TV back in the summer of 2012. Two and a 1/2 years later it croaked already! Really? That's the life expectation of a Samsung Smart TV? 2 and a 1/2 years? I have called their customer support and was told that the warranty does NOT cover the vertical lines issue, which indicates that the TV needs a new panel. Well, sure as heck I am not paying for a new panel. I will buy a new TV and it will NOT be a Samsung. If this is how they stand behind their products, I will make sure, and go out of my way never to buy an other Samsung anything again!
on January 23, 2014
TV deliverd on time and as describbed. It did have major clouding/ flashlighting issues though and I was not happy with the picture at first. Let me just say, Samsung is amazing! When I called tech support. They told me to give it a couple weeks and see if it went away. When it didnt, Samsung sent out two techs to my home and swaped out the screen in about 20 minutes. The picture is now absolutely perfect and the 3d is better than expected. Its so cool to walk in my home and say "hi tv" and it turns on. The hand gesture controls work very well, almost too well. In a very bright room the TV will pick up on anything. If you put your feet up it may think you raised your hand. That said, when I'm extra lazy and dont want to get up and look for thr remote, I will use the hand gestures to change channels and it works 80% of the time. All in all, I only gave 4 stars because the hand gestures can be fickle and sometimes I have to say "hi tv" a few times before it works. All the technology is good though and although its a redundancy for me considering I have an Xbox One and PS3 that do all the same things as far as streaming Netflix and such. The picture is one of the best I've seen and I would recomend this tv to any gamer, movie buff, or technophile out there.
on January 23, 2014
We purchased this TV in March of last year and so far have had no problems with it. When the TV arrived we had the delivery service leave the TV in its boxes as we were getting ready to leave when they arrived but there was no damage due to the delivery service. My husband and I were able to set up the unit very quickly and although we have a really nice stereo system, decided the quality of the internal speakers were nice enough we hardly ever switch over to our stereo speakers. Once everything was set up my husband and I were in awe of the quality of the picture (we had a big box projection TV previously). Our living room is fairly average so I was pleased with the 55"' size (wouldn't go larger unless we have a theater size room). Purchased a 3D movie to test out the range of the TV and wasn't disappointed with the quality of the TV and the included 3D glasses.

Love the internal camera and use Skype on a weekly basis with out of town family and friends. Have played a little with the other apps and features but really this TV gives us everything we wanted - plus more if we choose to discover!