Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on June 4, 2016
Got this tv from HH last week. It was one sale for $699. With free shipping and 10% off coupon for new customers I got it for around $672. This tv is worth every penny. As soon as you turn it on you know that you have a premium product. The menu selections, the startup guide is all very well thought out and very top notch. So I’ll go step by step now about.

Stand: The stand is interesting. It is a v shape that attaches to the bottom of the tv involving around 8 screws. It is very strong however I don’t necessarily trust it. I know a team or crack professionals and smart people designed this to work but just how the tv floats there is kind of concerning. The tv is a little wobbly BUT its only if you walk up and poke it. I plan on mounting this next week. I have nieces under the age of 10 and I do not trust them to not touch the tv or bump into the stand. (they are some ruff girls lol).

Mounting: I plan on mounting the tv with a VideoSecu ML531BE. Now the vesa holes on the tv are pretty deep. None of the screws that came with the mounting bag were long enough. However, and I don’t know whether this came from the tv box or mounting bow, there was a small ziploc baggie of 4 perfect screws. I think they are around M8x21 or 22. Just long enough for the tv. I’m pretty sure they came with the tv but by the time I noticed them everything was mixed together. The mounting plate fits perfectly on the back of the tv with the extensions. It doesn’t cover up any ports since they are all to the side.
Remote: This does come with the smart remote. We use an antenna for local channels since we don’t watch much tv. So we don’t have a bajillion channels to surf through. If that’s you I would suggest a universal remote. I’d be pissed not having a number pad. The remote does control my Apple tv 4. When I turn the tv off the AT4 turns off too, so I really don’t need the apple remote except for voice controls.
OS: The tv operating system is snappy. I haven’t had any hang-ups, freezes or sluggish performance. I love the web browser. I can finally watch my html live news sites. Flash doesn’t work. Wifi is strong btw.
Video: The video is great. It is the best video I’ve had on a tv. I used the following settings:
Picture Mode: Natural
Sound Mode: Movie
Picture Size 16:9 Standard
Picture settings under expert settings:
Blacklight- 20
Brightness- 45
Contrast- 95
Sharpness- 45
Color- 52
Tint- 50
Dig Clean View- Auto
Auto Motion Plus- OFF weird smooth moving obvious and distracting. You do get the ability to manually edit this option.
Dynamic Contrast- Med
Color Tone- Standard
22 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2016
This TV is Amazing. My previous TV was also Samsung smart TV, but from the beginning of Smart TVs. It was great, but not 4k and very slow. Eventually I stopped using all the smart TV features because it was poorly set up, and more trouble than it was worth.

This one is a HUGE improvement, but still with some issues. Let's go though the list..

Functionality: Overall it's a great set up for my needs. Everything is accessible with the "Home" button. It will pop up with a bottom menu (as shown in the pics) and allow you to select what you want to do. Whether it be Apps, Input sources, or settings, it's all accessible from the Home button. It has plenty of settings available to customize your Sound, Picture, Network, and Power saving needs. They're all well laid out and easily accessible. The remote is small and simple..very few buttons. At first I was not sure what to think about it, but it turns out you really don't need more buttons. The apps are plentiful and free. I only, however use three. Netflix, Plex, and Amazon Video. Netflix is slow to load. It's easy to navigate and use, just slow. Netflix has really fine tuned their UI over the last few years, across ALL platforms, and it is no different on this TV. I just wish the TV was a little faster. My internet speed average is 75 mb/s download. I have no issues streaming HD. The apps themselves are just a little slow. Not unbearable though. Not slow enough to "remove a star". Plex runs perfectly and so does Amazon. I couldn't ask for anything better as far as the app UI on the apps that I use. All three of the apps will remember your place in whatever you were watching or listening to, regardless of what device you were previously viewing them on.

Picture: It's 4k and it's beautiful. Any show that was shot in HD will look better on this TV. Even older HD shows look better on this TV than my older Samsung 1080p. Netflix originals shot in Ultra HD are freaking spectacular to watch on this TV. I will leave the picture quality at that. Other thing to mention - Factory defaults the TV to ECO mode. This dims the picture in lower ambient light. I immediately turned that OFF. The bright, crisp, beautiful picture becomes dull with this setting ON. No big deal, because you can turn it OFF.

Sound: Mostly what you would expect. Sound never is "great" on TVs anymore. Watching normal shows and stuff is fine, but for movies this TV really needs some help. I suggest a sound bar or something similar to help. There is a setting than tries to normalize audio, which kind of works. It definitely helps anyway. But we all know the problem when watching movies is: You have to turn it way up to hear the dialogue. Then it blasts your ears at the action scene. So yeah, that's just they way things are. There is also a setting called "Clear Voice" that really help this situation. I'll admit, it makes a noticeable difference. I still have to turn the volume UP and DOWN during movies, but not quite as much as without it.

Apps: I touched on this already but anyway..There are tons of apps to choose from in the apps store. More than you would ever desire to install on your TV, but they are available. You choose what you want and access them from the Home menu. You can organize the app shortcuts on the home menu in the exact order you prefer. The apps I've used are little slower than I'd like, but for this price point you shouldn't expect the latest and greatest internals. I'm sure the CPU, hard drive, and memory are not "top of the line". But trust me, coming from a tech nerd, I'm not complaining about it, because the price is great, and the picture and features are SPOT ON.

Overview: This TV has everything I wanted, and the picture is so good I feel like I am Rick Grimes slashing zombies with an ax. After reading some of the other reviews on this TV, I think maybe you might take them into consideration when making a decision. Some have had issues with reliability. Others state this is the "cheaper" version of the 6300. They may be right. I dont know. I actually found this TV at Fry's on sell for $499, so that pretty much made my mind up for me, after months of internet searching. I have had no issues with reliability - no malfunctions. I couldn't be happier with the purchase. If you do choose this model, maybe consider and extended warranty. It's never a bad idea on any purchase like this, regardless of what the reviews say.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on February 4, 2017
This television has worked well and I'm very happy with the quality. It was pretty simple to set up.

The remote control is a little disorienting: I think of it more as a mouse than a remote control. It works well, I just wish it had a few dedicated buttons for some functions I now have to mouse around to reach.
on May 5, 2017
Have had this TV for a year now and I really love watching it and the price was very reasonable
on August 5, 2017
We love the quality of picture and the TV itself doesn't seem to have any issues EXCEPT that sometimes the sound decides not to work when we hook up a laptop to it with HDMI cord. Annoying, but usually solves itself after restarting the TV.
on March 22, 2017
Great TV. It is every thing I wanted. Fantastic picture! I could not ask for any more.
on August 11, 2017
This TV is absolutely wonderful. It has great response, excellent functions and user defined customization, is easy set up, and most importantly - looks sharp. I also love the Samsung smart remote - everything is user intuitive.
on February 4, 2017
I am watching my new Samsung TV right now and am very glad this is the model I purchased. The color, clarity and ease of operating is first class. I would recommend this TV.
on June 22, 2017
Great picture and awesome functionality.
on August 1, 2017
This TV is the best buy for the price. Picture is very clear and was easy to set up. The sound is ok.