Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 255 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 348 reviews
on May 28, 2011
Use the picture settings in my Review listed at the end and the Samsung un55d7000 will look awesome. First off I notice major black light bleed out of the box & even after tweaking the TV on my own until I found the right settings from a other users.

What I really like about this tv is that my playstation 3 is synced with the tv. My tv come's on when the playstation is turned on and I can control my ps3 with my Samsung remote nice feature. The tv is nice a thin not very heavy. The 2d to 3d conversion is total crap some stuff looks good but for the most part it's a BIG gimmick. Movies & stuff filmed in 3D look amazing sometimes it's a hit & miss. So far my favorite 3d movies are : ( Monsters Vs Aliens ) ( avatar ) ( Despicable me ) Resident evil looked like crap & I really didn't like monster house. I am hoping the studios will improve 3D filming and make live action films pop out more. I tried some playstation 3 games in 3d I like the idea but WoW it really makes your eyes hurt after awhile.

Setting up the tv was pretty easy I did found setting up the wireless on the Tv to be a real pain. I am pretty good with computers and wireless network it was still a pain. I have a netgear router and I was not able to link it with normal settings the tv kept saying my pass word was wrong password ended up doing the button method on my router and samsung tv. Right away the Tv found the router and no more issues.

Now for the calibration settings that will make your set look amazing and reduce the famous Samsung clouding issue and black light bleeding which I couldn't stand until this ! Make sure you have a hdmi 1.4 cable I did notice a issue with my old hdmi cable and the 1.4 cable solved the slow lag, any cheap one will do as long as it's 1.4

PICTURE

7 2 3 0
8 1 2 0
9 -1 2 2
10 0 1 1

Make sure you select each color in the color space and enter them like above. These setting where produced from a computer calibration. You may need to add a little or less depending on your room. If you don't like the setting simple reset your picture but honestly you will notice a HUGE difference right away with just these settings.
5150+ comments| 341 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2011
After several months of reading reviews and hanging out in various brick-and-mortar stores I finally settled on the Samsung UN55D7000. Let me start off by saying the picture quality is fantastic, probably the best LED/LCD screen I've watched. I personally prefer the brightness of an LCD over plasma, so my search was primarily focused on LCD style TV's. The design of the TV is absolutely beautiful, and one of the reasons I went with the 7000 series over the 6000 series.

Picture Quality (2D)
As they other reviewers have said, there is defiantly clouding and edge bleeding (especially at the corners). Is it apparent? Yes - but only when the screen is almost completely black (for instance when you are turning the TV on). Is it distracting or does it take away from the image quality? Defiantly not - 99.9% of the time you won't even notice it. The image quality is just flawless and there enough picture adjustments to make everyone happy. Obviously not everyone is going to like the same picture settings so you'll have to play around until you find what you like. Awesome black levels and the fast action motion is blur and artifact free.

Picture Quality (3D)
I've only played with the 3D feature at this point but from what I watched for a few minutes last night the 3D on this TV is just as good if not better than any plasma. Images are crisp, clear, and bright and there is almost no cross-talk. The 3D effects are absolutely stunning and it really makes the movie come to life.

Design and Connectivity
As I stated before, this TV looks gorgeous even when it's off. The bezel is almost invisible and it makes the TV feel bigger. There are plenty of connections on the TV for all of your A/V components. The component and composite inputs are achieved via dedicated break-out cables and I personally appreciate the VGA PC input. The TV is HDMI 1.4 compliant (and supports ARC through HDMI 2 only). I highly recommend using HDMI 1.4 high speed cables (they can be found on Amazon for less than $10) to avoid any video issues. The TV and my Yamaha receiver recognize each either through AnyNet+ (HDMI-CEC) but the control-ability is very limited (you must have AnyNet+ enabled to use ARC). The TV also sports a dedicated LAN connection. I personally am using WiFi and had no connection issues at all. The WiFi can use either 2.4GHz or the 5GHz frequencies and supports Wireless N.

SmartTV & Apps
The Apps and SmartTV are easy to setup (you must create an account with a Credit Card # the first time you login). I haven't had a chance to play with many of them yet, but my take on the whole SmartTV system is that it's a "nice to have" but not something I'd use all the time (and certainly not a replacement for a computer by any means).

QWERTY Remote
Great idea but not a great implementation. Pairing was a pain. After trying about 10 times I found a forum online that said to stand about 1 ft away from the TV when pairing, which worked just fine. The remote itself is a little awkward to handle. When using it as a "standard" remote you must point it at the TV (it uses IR). The shape is slightly awkward in that it isn't a rectangle but more of a trapezoid and sits in my hand awkwardly. The backside is a QWERTY keyboard and connects via Bluetooth - it's a nice feature but not the easiest thing to type on (think typing on a smartphone)

Summary of Pros:
1. 2D Picture Quality: amazing deep blacks, crystal clear picture, no blurring or artifacts during fast motion scenes.
2. 3D Picture Quality: limited cross-talk, bright, clear picture, smooth and no blurring
3. Design: beautiful barely there bezel, super slim, and ultra light
4. Other Features: 5GHz wireless N built-in, plenty of connectivity, supports HDMI 1.4, SmartTV/Apps are a nice addition

Summary of (Minor) Cons:
1. Clouding and Edge Light Bleeding - only apparent when the screen is extremely dark and does not affect picture quality during normal viewing.
2. I never could get ARC (Audio Return Channel) to function just right. It works, but not all the time. I can't necessarily blame the TV, it could by my A/V receiver, but nevertheless I had to purchase an Optical Toslink cable to connect the TV and my receiver
3. Pairing the included (yes, it's in the box) QWERTY remote was a pain. The trick is to stand about 1 ft away from the TV when you are pairing it - when I did this I had no issues.
4. Probably not a big deal these days but the hole pattern for mounting the TV on the wall is non-standard (i.e. not VESA compatible). Most wall mounts will fit just about any hole pattern these days though.

Even with its minor flaws, this is the best TV I have ever owned and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
88 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2016
I've had this TV for almost 4 years now, and I love using it every day!

- The bezel is so small and is a clear plastic, making it functionally invisible. There is nothing to distract from the image.
- Picture is clear, bright, and colorful
- The different modes leave games looking smooth and movies looking crisp
- Stand looks nice and is very sturdy
- Excellent number of connections in the back, including SPDIF
- The USB port on the back is powered, so you can use a Chromecast or similar without running a power cable

A few cons
- SMART TV can't be completely removed, but thankfully you don't HAVE to use it
- The backlight bleed through is noticeable when the screen is full black, if you care about that kind of thing (I don't particularly)
on December 7, 2011
I purchased this TV on black friday and got a good price for it. The package arrived on time and in good condition. I experienced no issues with the setup.

The Good:

+ This thing is beautiful. The narrow edge just looks great.
+ Bright scenes the picture is as good as I could hope for.
+ Media center sync although cumbersome to configure works well.

The Bad:

+ The television has SEVERE clouding in dark scenes. If there is an all black movie or (in the worst case you are watching something in something other than 16:9 full frame) the corners of the tv and to a lesser extent the edges are bright white.
+ Configuration help and functional help is almost non-existant. The online manual is terrible and the documentation is worse.
+ Upgrading software (Smart Hub) requires upgrading many of the apps. There is nothing to inform you of this however and running an old app can result in the TV hanging and having to be powered off to continue.
+ Smart hub is absent of some apps (no amazon app)
+ Browser doesn't work for any media type I have found e.g. no navigating to Hulu

If this TV were $1000 cheaper I would say keep it but for $1700 I expect better.
on September 17, 2015
I've had the TV for 4 years and it has been for the most part a great TV.

Issues:
When you turn it on it sends a signal to my receiver to turn to sat/tv. My receiver needs to be set to HDMI 1 most of the time for the cable box. I haven't found a way to turn this off but I just wait about 10 seconds for the TV to send the signal to the receiver then turn the receiver on after that.

This is more on an issue with Samsung as a company and not the actual TV. The capacitor went out recently and even though there is a known capacitor issue with this model they charged me $320 for the extended warranty in order to fix it. This is definitely better than buying a new set but still bugs me that they're putting bad capacitors in these TV's.

I know this in an outdated model but I thought I would share my concerns just in case it might help someone else out.
on November 23, 2011
I am absolutely in love with this 3D HDTV!

Though I had to get it exchanged as the one I purchased had a super thin black line going vertical down the entire height of the screen which was not at all obvious from where I sit, but my son noticed it when he was up close to the screen.
My initial contact was with Samsung directly who adv that they would send a tech to look at it.
A tech came and stated that it needed a new back panel LED.
Samsung contact me and adv that they would not replace the TV and I would have to wait for the part to come in stock which there was no immediate time frame, could be two weeks could be 3 months as there were 10 people ahead of me waiting for this part as well...
I contacted Amazon and they sent me a brand new identical 3D HDTV that same day!
Customer Service was OUTSTANDING!
The day after I contacted Amazon and they already shipped the HDTV, Samsung contacted me to state that they would replace the HDTV on their end. They were advised that Amazon was already on it!

Back to the HDTV...I now have the new one and it takes my breath away when I watch it. There are so many picture options it is dizzying! Allowing incredible control for the videophile enthusiast!

The HD picture is stunning, nice big beautiful screen!
Super slim bezel makes this such an attractive HDTV as well, my friends always comment on it.
With the thin edges, the video looks like it is coming off of the wall and not from the HDTV!
I thought it was better/brighter more vivid colors than the comparable Sony NX720 I was also looking at. Granted these were store displays which I am sure neither display was properly calibrated.

The 3D is awesome! I watched Shrek I 3D and it was amazing! Equal to the Sony NX720.
The 2D->3D conversion is ho-hum, you can see some depth, but it is a bit underwhelming in my opinion.

The Wi-Fi is very good, connected easily and quickly.
The internet browser is built-in but is kind of slow and cumbersome to navigate effectively. The QWERTY keyboard does make this easier as it can also be used like a mouse. It is still much more effective to use a tablet device to browse the internet with while at your chair.

The dual remote is AWESOME! You just have to remember to initialize it the first time within a few inches of the HDTV for both the TV remote and the QWERTY remote else they will not pair up correctly.

I will be attempting to watch my first streamed movie via Vudu within the next few days, we will see how that goes.

After Christmas, I will be attempting to play some 3D video games! Can't wait for that!
on July 6, 2011
To start - I have had several brands and types of TV's over the past decades. Over the past 10 years I have had the plasma's and LCD's and most recently a 47" Sony LCD.

If you are in the market for the top of the line LED, you really have to look no further. I reviewed several TV's at the normal retail stores to look at quality of picture, profile, size, etc. We were upgrading a Sony 47" LCD, that continued to have a heat sink problem (2 years old and replaced under warranty 3 times). I was looking for really anything outside the sony brand, which we have been seen a decline in quality in several Sony components over the past few years, the last of which was the aforementioned LCD TV.

After several reviews and online research I decided on the Samsung UN55D7000. I was initially going with the 8000 series, but really only one significant advantage was the pro dimmer, and after an in store evaluation, I really could not tell the difference - minus the 500 price difference that is.

I ordered from Amazon (which I believe to be the best online retailer out there!) it was delivered 2 days earlier than expected. Took a total of 5 minutes to get the stand put on, and set up in my family room.

Couple of clarification points from other reviews:

A couple of reviews mentioned that the QWERTY remote did not come with it - it does now, I think those must have been earlier shipments.

Also many mention the pairing of the remote is difficult. It took literally 2 seconds and I was 5 foot away from the TV. Not sure where the issues are, but just get fairly close and you will not have a problem.

I have watched many movies, tv shows, etc. I have also not noticed any bleed through that others have mentioned from the LEDs that can happen. I even watched some darker scenes with the black level at the highest setting 20 - and still have not noticed any light bleeding.

Review:

The picture is so noticeably better than both my Plasma in my Den and LCD that was in my family room - and when I say better, we are talking not even close. I had the LCD still set up in my family room when I set up the Samsung LED - side by side and had Avatar running on both via my DVR. Both are full HD, etc. The picture out of the box on the Samsung was more vivid, clearer, life like, vibrant, etc. And remember I had my LCD for 2 years, so all the settings have been tweaked to my specific liking, while the Samsung was in it's preset mode. It really is unbelievable. By far the best picture on the market of any LCD's or LED's. And the best picture I have ever seen. It looks so much better than in the retail stores as well with proper lighting...

As you know it comes bundled with the first 3 Shrek 3d DVD's and 3D MegaMind (along with the Samsung 3d DVD Player). The 3D quality is as good as any movie on the big screen I have seen. It really was so much better than I had anticipated. I didn't buy the TV for the 3D, more of a nice to have for my children... They all agree that the experience is as good if not better than at the movie theater. The glasses (comes with 2 pair) are quite expensive and a family of 5 will need to fork out a 250 extra for additional sets.

The profile of the TV is ridiculous. It is so thin and the bezel is almost not there. Everyone that has seen it thinks it is more of a picture than a television.

I have played around with the browser and applications a bit. As others mentioned it is pretty cumbersome to navigate. However, you will probably spend very little time in these apps outside netflix and an occasional YouTube video. Once you set up your DirecTV or Cable to control the volume and on and off. You will probably not use the remote that often either due to using the remote from your Sat or cable provider.

Overall I really can't say anything negative about the overall TV. It is by far the best picture and 3D experience you can have that is on the market today.

- RWallace
on September 1, 2011
TV shipped to me in excellent condition. It was very easy to unbox and get it set up. Not too heavy or unweildy despite the large size. I was able to move it from the box to the TV stand by myself.

Setup: It is set up running with a TIVO and Samsung 3D BluRay disc player. Those connect to a Marantz SR-5005 receiver via HDMI which connects to the TV via HDMI.

Settings: Watch it on movie video mode. I don't use the internal speakers because I have surround sound.

Picture: It is better looking than our Sharp 26 inch LCD and Samsung 42 inch plasma. The colors are very crisp. The blacks are rich and deep. It's a joy to watch hi definition shows on this tv. The few shows that are standard definition still look great in this tv. It is a great screen.

Features: 3d has been really good. It's easy to turn on the 3d function and to turn it off. The glasses which came with a special promotion (not included with this tv when we got it) work seamlessly with the TV. I haven't watched a movie with the 3D yet, but I probably will at some point. I watched soccer from ESPN 3D and that was sort of fun.

I don't have any regrets about this TV. If anything changes I will update this review. Even if 3D isn't something you are looking for it is important to remember that 3D is simply a feature. The best 2D pictures come on TVs that have 3D options on them. If you never watch 3D, this TV will still be a great option.

Edited to add:

I forgot to mention that the remote control is pretty nice. I don't use the tv remote a lot because I use the Tivo remote. But for times when I need to use the tv remote it's nice. Especially if I'm watching netflix and want to search. It's easy to use the QWERTY keypad on the back of the remote.

Another reviewer didn't like how long it takes for the tv to start up. I haven't noticed that as a problem. Perhaps that is because I'm used to watching a plasma tv which took a little bit of time to get going. My TV seems to start quite quickly.

Firmware upgrades: These are flawless. I have wifi, so I have the TV set to automatically connect with the wifi in my house. The TV will download new firmware while the TV is on standby if you allow this option. Then it'll tell you when it's ready for the TV to upgrade itself with the new firmware. Great way to keep the the TV software current.
on April 6, 2014
I've had all Sony tvs in the past but since Samsung had been getting such great reviews I figured I would give it a try. The picture is great as long as the brightness is low. If it is high then you get shadowing. The bigger issue was just after the 1 year warranty ended the the screen died. The process to get it fixed was a nightmare. I was referred to 4 different repair facilities by Samsung's support. 1 ignored my call, 2 told me that despite Samsung saying I was in their zone that they wouldn't travel to repair my tv. Finally the last was willing to come fix the tv. Fixing the tv required 3 visits when it should have only taken one. First they are required by Samsung to take pictures. This is despite the fact that for them even to come to my house I had to send them pictures. Second Samsung forces them to replace the processor board because it is cheaper than the screen even though the technician was quite positive it was the screen after the first visit. When that failed then they are allowed to replace the screen on a 3rd visit. The only reason this gets 2 stars instead of 1 is that because of my HORRIBLE experience Samsung agreed to a 1 time warranty extension and paid for the nightmare to end. DON'T BUY SAMSUNG!
on January 16, 2012
The Samsung UN60D7000 is a beautiful TV!

The super slim bezel and minimalist look make it look beautiful hanging on the wall when not in use. I'm using the Samsung picture frame hanging method and it truly does sit like a picture frame. Watching HD content on cable and via Netflix is good but nothing to write home about. I'm still on the fence about purchasing a Blue Ray player as I watch most content on-line nowadays.

In my shopping, I was comparing the LG 65LW6500 inch and this TV. It was size & passive 3D versus features & appearance. I went for the Samsung and although I am not UN-happy, in hindsight I could have a larger TV because:

1) The SMART TV functionality is still in my opinion not quite perfected yet. Samsung has Apps but because of the slowness and limited number of apps, I found myself only using the basic ones commonly found on all "SMART" TV's. Netflix, HULU, VUDU, YouTube, etc...nothing outside of the norm with the exception of SwipeIt and Pandora.

2) Internet browser is slow and navigating with the included QWERTY remote is okay at best. It can't play flash content and numerous web pages froze the TV or caused it to "reboot" back to the SMART TV home page. The latest 2012 TV's displayed @ CES where much better with some including dual-core ability, although I did not test, the demos appeared to flow much smoother.

3) Active 3D content - I never experienced the dizziness, hurting of eyes, or headaches people talk about when testing the glasses at stores but after watching an entire movie in active 3D, I could now relate. I still don't experience any of the above but my eyes feel like they are "exhausted" after watching a 2+ hour movie. I think passive will be the future path for 3D.

So in hindsight, things that I thought I would use or thought were cool and nice-to-have turned out too be just bells and whistles that I feel I won't be using long term. As I mentioned, I'm not un-happy with my purchase because as a TV, it works nicely and looks beautiful! Blacks are black enough for me, colors crisp and overall picture quality are great. So if you are thinking of buying this TV because of any of the above, I would reconsider. However, Samsung makes a great TV and I'm not returning it because overall, I'm satisfied with it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.