- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung UN65C6500 65-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV, Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Have an expert wall mount your TV at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your wall mounted TV is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra Clear Panel Tecnology
- 15Wx2 audio output
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus
- Internet at TV
- 4 HDMI (ver 1.3), HDMI-CEC
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Samsung LED HDTVs combine breakthrough picture quality and advanced connectivity options that will keep you entertained 24/7. This UN65C6500 LED HDTV also makes it easy to be green, and will save you some green, by being ENERGY STAR compliant.
From the Manufacturer
What do you get when you combine SAMSUNG SMART TV with 120Hz Clear Motion Rate technology? The Samsung LED 6500. Get the best of the web, right on your HDTV, with downloadable and customizable widgets – and coming soon, Samsung apps. Connect to friends, share pictures, shop online and more. Samsung’s 120Hz Clear Motion Rate technology delivers smooth, natural action in every scene. Samsung LED backlighting technology and advanced processing deliver a picture with an exceptionally large range of contrast and color, making images appear more lifelike. And the 6500 is as beautiful as it is functional, with a design that complements virtually any room in the house.
Stunning at only 1.1 inch deep – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
- Screen Size: 65 inches
- Full 1080p HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- 120 Hz Clear Motion Rate: Samsung 120 Hz technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness thats clearly ahead of the competition.
- Ultra Slim Design: Stunning ultra slim depth – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Stone Black Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
- SAMSUNG SMART TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to
BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Amazon Instant Video and more – all on your HDTV.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LED Energy Efficient, up to 50% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer Pro delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the "genuine" stereo sound.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Swivel Stand
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) version 1.3:
3 back, 1 side
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 2 back
- Component video input: 1 back
- Optical sound output: 1 back
- PC input: 1 back
- Ethernet: 1 back
- TV without stand: 59.8 x 35.9 x 1.2 inches (WxHxD); 77.7 pounds
- TV with stand: 59.8 x 39.1 x 13.7 inches (WxHxD); 84.0 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
- Wall Mount: Picture frame-style mount for simple installation. Mounting hardware included. Learn more about the Samsung WMN1000C Ultra Slim Wall Mount.
|Delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail. Whereas blue and green shaded areas of the picture are washed out on conventional screens, wide color enhancer lets you experience more brilliant colors. Simply imagine a wider range of colors than you ever thought possible.|
|By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.|
|SAMSUNG SMART TV lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more on screen. It also includes a content library so you can enjoy pre-loaded content, such as cooking recipes and fitness exercises. Plus, DLNA CERTIFIED connectivity lets you remotely access your PC's personal media so that you can download music, video, and photos and enjoy them anywhere in the home your TV is.1 |
1 Internet access and either Ethernet connection or wireless LAN access required.
USA Today Sports
Widgets allow you to track local weather with Yahoo, access eBay, display Flickr pictures and see Twitter updates - all on your screen. With a split-screen display, you can do it all without missing a second of your favorite shows. And now, you can also get movies on demand via Blockbuster and Amazon Instant Video.
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Top customer reviews
I have a Sony 46" XBR3 but have been dying to upgrate to at least a 60". So when I see Samsung has two 65"ers in their 2010 line up (the 6500 and the not-yet-released-at-this-time 8500), I knew that I have to get one of them now.
First a few disclaimers on my purchase decision:
1. I only want to buy a LED LCD from Sony or Samsung--it's a personal thing. No Plasma/regular LCD/projector. So there aren't that many choices
2. Ideally I would have bought a local-dimming LED LCD since it will have the best contrast/dark level. But it's not available for 60"+ and I don't see it in the horizon in the next 18 months.
3. I hang the TV on the wall and only use the TV for display only. So all the other bells and whistles on sound--I don't care and won't review here
4. while 3D can be cool, I think it's over-hyped and doesn't worth another $500-1K for the 8500. I also need the TV now so 6500 it is!
5. This purchase is a "upgrade" to my 46" Sony XBR3, which was a decent top model 3-4 years ago. I also bought a Samsung 46" b650 LCD last year, so some of my comments will inevitably be compared against these TVs.
1. Aesthetics. At 1.2" thickness, this unit is super slick, especially if you hang it on the wall--a great visual asset to our family room. Viewing aside, the glossy screen actually makes the unit looks more elegant.
2. Picture quality is not bad, when you can overlook some uniformity issues in bright/solid color scenes (see my cons). No clouding/flash light issues in dark scenes that are common with some LCD TVs. Excellent contrast and in terms of viewing angle; I don't see any significant degradation even past 45 degrees.
1. There is only 1 big con IMO that makes this a 3.5-star instead of a 5-star The TV has some uniformity issues (vertical bands/lines of a different shades). This is especially blatant if you are watching bright scenes (i.e., watching the World Cup in a sea of grass green or in a DVD player menu when the background is supposed to be one solid color). At first, I thought this is due to a defective TV so I called AMZN for an exchange. (BTW, Kudos to AMZN concierge for the excellent CS.) But the 2nd TV also has the same problem, amid milder that I can probably "live with". I now think the problem is due to the edge-lit LED design as the bands seem to exhibit a pattern and especially obvious in the center (furtherst from the edge). Minus 1 star here!
1. No wireless adapter included. Samsung, you just lost a potential customer who could potentially give you extra revenue from using the internet apps. Instead, you decided to nickle and dime me on the wireless adapter that probably worths $10 mfg cost (and no way am I buying it for $79-100).
2. For whatever reason, Samsung decides to use a glossy screen on all their LED TVs. My windows are behind the sofa so I see all the glares during daytime viewing. A downgrade from my Sony XBR3 or Samsung B650 which have matte screens. Minus .5 star here!
3. The chrome TV base is very cheesy and ugly. I am glad that I get to remove this for hanging the TV. It was also a pain to remove the base as well. In my Sony XBR3, you can remove the screws and the TV would still sit securely on the stand, so you can take your time to lift the TV and hang it. But the C6500 base is poorly designed that as soon as you remove the screws that secure the base, the TV would fall and have no where to go but up--a challenging task you if only have 2 people for the task.
3. It's impossible to access the I/O panel once you hang the TV (I have a low-profile mount). I don't understand why they don't leave a few extra ports on the side.
4. If I have to be picky, the remote looks cheap. It looks like a remote from a 10 year old VCR, totally not matching the sleek glass bezel of the set. I use an universal Remote so it's not a big issue for me.
5. Finally, this TV, like any other 120Hz or 240Hz TVs out there, has a motion enhancing feature (Motion Plus) that makes a lot of movies become video-like (instead of film), i.e., the soap opera effect. Some people likes it, most don't. Personally I don't but you can easily turn off the feature or I use the custom setting to keep the blurr reduction at 10 while reducing the judder to 4.
If you want the biggest TV you can get without being really rich, this is the one to get. :)
A very important comment in regards to the delivery of this huge (65") T.V.. The delivery company CEVA was OUTSTANDING in every respect. Very efficient, arrived as scheduled, delivery men were very professional, very courteous. I can't say enough about how please we were with the entire process. THANK YOU AMAZON! THANK YOU CEVA.
Amazon promptly replaced the set and the new set is perfect.