Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Size: 65-Inch|Style: TV|Change
Price:$997.99+ $196.92 shipping

on October 17, 2015
Okay, let me start this review by saying i'd consider myself somewhat of a tech guru and i'm also a big fan of Samsung products so my expectations of this TV were extremely high as I've always had good luck with every product I've purchased from them which includes cell phones, laptops, and other TV's. Also, I purchased this TV to replace my Top of the line 8500 Series 42" Plasma TV in the living room and that TV has an absolutely stunning picture; in 2012 I paid about $1700 for it (further hiring my expectations of this LED TV). With that being said I'm going to try and be as in-depth as I can in this review because I read a lot of negative reviews that I'd like to address with my experience.

First off, the Shipping (I know this has nothing to do with the product itself but it seems to be something a lot of people worry about and dwell on)
-Like most Amazoner's I was a bit nervous purchasing a $700 TV online, not because of Amazon but because of the possibility of it getting damaged in transit and then having to go through the whole return & replacement process. But the TV arrived in two days from time of purchase (Amazon Prime) via FedEx and the box was in perfect condition, the same as you would expect when purchasing from best buy. As I un-boxed the TV everything was good and the TV was protected with Styrofoam as well as a plastic sleeve covering the base and screen. There was absolutely no scratches or cracks on the screen or any other part of the TV and honestly it would have to be a pretty rough ride for that to happen as the TV is secured in the center of the box by the Styrofoam but these things happen. Before I mounted the TV above the fireplace in place of the old one I wanted to plug it in and make sure the picture and everything was functioning how it should, when I plugged it in it went through the installation process connecting to the internet and updating. Directly after that I went to the Netflix app and that's when I noticed that there was a dead pixel center left. This isn't a huge deal and is in no way a bad reflection on Amazon or Samsung, these things happen (a year ago I bought a laptop from best buy and got it home and it had several dead pixels). This is really the nature of the beast when dealing with electronics and is more of a quality control problem than anything.

Performance & Picture
-Now aside from the pixel issue (which is only noticeable on dark screens) this TV performs like a top of the line LED. The picture is stunningly clear and smooth, the colors are extremely vibrant, and the blacks are exceptionally deep especially for an LED. When it comes to the hertz of this TV I have had absolutely no problems with shadowing or blurring during fast action sequences so I can say it is actively 120hz. I use my TV's for a wide assortment of things, I watch a lot of Sports, play video games, and watch a lot of movies so picture and sound are extremely important aspects for me. This TV performs, I put it to the test with 1080p football games as well as first person shooters on the PS4 and I was extremely pleased. When watching sports I'd suggest turning on the "Sports Mode" too, this further optimizes the picture as well as the Audio. Like other reviews have said The factory settings for the picture will need some tuning (factory is a bit dark) depending on how you like it, I like the dynamic setting with the brightness up but that's all a matter of personal preference. Also, Samsung had a real problem with the 2013 &14 Smart Software in terms of freezing and lag, I can say without a doubt that these have been solved with the latest Smart Hub updates. Keep in mind that this TV doesn't have the Dual Core Processor like the models above it but it is quite snappy when searching the internet browser or opening up your Netflix apps. A lot of other TV Brands have done away with incorporating a web Browser in their iOS and I'm pleased that Samsung has kept it because I think its a great feature. The speakers on the TV are truly impressive, the volume goes 0-100 and in my fairly large living room I would never need it about 40. I was listening to Sirius radio and had it on 75 and it was clear and loud for a TV. Also the pre-programmed Audio settings are great, generally they really don't do much when you put it on "clear voice" or "Movie" but with this TV you can hear a noticeable difference. My favorite aspect of this TV is that it can Identify and open my 2TB Seagate desktop HDD. Now, this is great for people like me who have a ton of videos, movies, pictures and other media on an external HDD and want to be able to open and access it in one spot for a true multimedia center. My other TV did not have the capability to read this, but this smart TV not only reads it but it has all the codecs to be able to play a wide range of media; So with 2 USB ports you can plug in 2 thumb drives or HDD's and switch between them by pressing the Source button on the remote. Lastly, I had read a few reviews about how terrible the viewing angle on this TV was and the fact that it could only be viewed from certain angles, I really don't understand this. I have this TV mounted on a telescopic full motion articulating mount that can go in just about every possible position and I put the TV in the most skewed positions (positions no one would ever watch TV in) and it was just the same as perfectly level. I saw absolutely no difference in picture quality or anything else. I can imagine that in some of those positions there might be a problem with glare in high lighting rooms but that's not the TV's fault.

If I had to have a complaint
--If i had to have a complaint it would be that the TV is fairly thick for a 2015 TV. We have come to expect everything to be as thin as possible with today's technology but this really doesn't bother me, id rather have something with a little substance and built solid. However, for someone that low profile is their number one they may want to look elsewhere. And when I say thicker, I mean about 3 1/2 inches -- the TV is light in weight though. Also, the remote is very simple, I would have enjoyed a TV remote much like the one that comes with Vizio's 70" TV with the built in QWERTY keyboard but oh well. Finally, the HDMI situation, like others have stated this TV does only have 2 HDMI ports, which is a bit disappointing because if your like me you like to have your cable or satellite box, your PS4 or Xbox, and an HDMI cord running to your laptop plugged in all at once. It's inconvenient but it is easily fixed. All you have to do is buy a 3 or 4 port HDMI switch that automatically senses which port has a signal for 10$ here on Amazon. This TV only having two HDMI ports should in no way deter your from buying it, especially when there is such an inexpensive easy fix.

Return & Replacement
-Because of the Dead pixel I obviously had to contact Amazon for a replacement. Now instead of going through the online process I called Amazon's Award winning customer service to talk with a Rep Directly. Keep in mind this TV was delivered on a Friday at about 3PM, I called customer service at about 7pm and after talking with them briefly they issued me a replacement and had it ordered in about 20 Minutes. Within that time I was emailed a packing slip and a shipping label to attach to the box. Amazon then arranged for UPS to come to my house and pick up the TV for return. This worked out great because Monday morning UPS delivered the replacement and picked up the damaged one. I mean honestly, what else could you ask for from a company that deals with online products, they go above and beyond what anyone else in the industry is doing and they truly strive to keep there customers happy and coming back. I will choose to deal with a company like Amazon who treats you like a valued customer rather than give my business to a circus like Walmart who makes you jump through every hoop possible when returning or replacing an item every time.

I highly recommend this TV for anyone who is looking for a Mid Level priced LED TV that performs like the top classed models. This is a great choice if your not quite ready to spend the money to make the jump to 4K and I can't imagine the 60 or 65" TV's in this class perform any different.
1919 comments| 1,170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2016
The 'Smart' part of this TV is painfully slow, even moreso than other slow Smart TVs. You will want to refuse to accept all of the Opt-in garbage or the television you paid for will start delivering advertisements.

The obvious fix for the poor performance and invasive advertising is to use this just as a video screen and OTA TV, and use external sources like STBs for streaming and cable. Roku, Apple TV, Kodi etc.
on July 18, 2015
Huge crystal clear picture. Bright and sharp. Bought this to replace a 51" Samsung I had in my bedroom. Fills my room with picture and sound. The smart function works perfectly. Now I have no need for any other machines in order to watch Netflix or Amazon. Nice feature. Very happy with this product. If you are going to spring for a TV this big, you're going to want to get a sound bar and sub-woofer as well. I purchased a Samsung sound bar to go along with this TV. The internal TV speakers work fine, but you won't get that big booming surround sound without an external speaker system. For price and quality, you can't beat Samsung. I won't buy any other. My old 51" Samsung is going on 7 years without a problem, and is now in my living room to replace an LG TV I had out there. I had a 51" LG, and the 4 HDMIs burned out within 3 yrs. I had a Vizio, which went to crap on day one, and if you ask me, Sony is just an expensive name. Nothing but Samsung from now on, as far as I'm concerned.
99 comments| 430 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2016
Ok, I had tv review overload. Checking online reviews, doing my homework, and I wanted to get a good price on a product with a good picture. Which one to get, quite challenging with all the models and features. Here is what I wanted, I wanted a smart tv that I would ideally use to watch cable channels through, and to watch sports. I also am a prime member and wanted to enjoy that service on this tv too. This Samsung model serves the purpose and I am glad that I purchased and did not decide to buy others, with a higher price tag I might add. The smart tv feature is not the fastest and most user friendly however, it serves the purpose and is perfectly fine. Had absolutely no problem out of the box and has been superb since I started watching it. (Knocking on Wood) I especially like the sports button on the remote , it brightens up the picture to an excellent level. Glad I did get a tv with built in wi fi and also with a decent refresh rate. The sound on the tv is adequate but a sound bar is the way to go. Got great deal on Like new Samsung sound bar j-250 on Amazon warehouse deals. Saved 50 bucks. I am also pleased that I purchased this in early Feb as the price was tremendous. A good deal now as well. I have Cox Cable and cable box hooked up immediately, and had a super nice pic out of the box. Some fine tuning of the pic but no issue. I do agree that this tv needs a darkened room, if it is front light from a window during the day it is a slight issue but not one that would make me not buy it. I work during the day anyhow. I hope this helps, as I was apprehensive on this but some of the reviews, but my purchase was outstanding, and I love the new Samsung.
on October 28, 2016
I bought this TV last year for Black Friday and just remembered to review it. Here we are and the TV has stood a move to another state, a 2 year old baby, and plenty of people throwing controllers around it in anger of losing to me in video games. Suffice to say, this is an amazing TV with a lot of features and a great picture. I connected a soundbar to it as I always did like louder sound during movies and gaming sessions but I have zero complaints with the television. It's Samsung, we all expect a great quality brand and that is exactly what I got for this 55", especially for the price.
on December 28, 2016
This TV was awesome for 1 month, then the screen went out. All power and connections were working and intact. The screen completely went black after 1 month of use, we called Samsung and they wanted to send a powerchord even though the TV power obviously was on and working great. Samsung said they could sent a power chord in 2 weeks and only if that didn't work then they could send out a technician to look at the TV. Which would be a good 3 weeks to a month after all the haggling with an issue that does not exsist and no TV. I called Amazon tech support and they were amazing. They listened and offered a full refund because the TV is obviously defective. We will not be buying another Samsung due to crappy support. But, Bravo Amazon Prime you guys are amazing!!! I will be buying the next TV with you due to the amazing customer support. I have never written a review on any product I have bought. But, the support and proactively of Amazon Prime was Awesome. We bought 2 of these TVS one was a gift. I wish I had not bought a Samsung in retrospect. Oh well. Hoping for the best....
on March 19, 2016
I am using this as my PC monitor (yes I know it's a TV, not a monitor!) sitting about 3 feet away from it on my desk. After much, much researching and reading reviews, I decided to purchase this TV to use as a monitor with the new PC I built. I am using an nVidia GeForce GTX 970 to drive my graphics, which isn't quite enough to push 4k UHD properly. I had originally decided on the Samsung ju6500 4k, simply because it supports 4:4:4 chroma (makes dark text readable) but then realized that I would only be using 4k for Windows 10 and would still be gaming on 1080p resolutions to get proper frame rates.

This J6200 supports 4:4:4 chroma at 60hz. I bought the cheap Amazon basics HDMI 2.0 cable and plugged it in to the HDMI 2.0 (DVI) port on the back of the J6200. Initially, I connected the TV to my Wi-Fi, then allowed it to download the latest firmware to the TV. Afterwards, I went into the options and set the input name to be "PC". This is necessary because it gives you the fast response time and reduces input lag for video gaming. Once you set this as PC, you will only have two config options. I chose "Entertain" option, as it produces amazing color.

Next, I went to nVidia control panel, and set it the display to 1080p, "60hz", 32-bit color, 8bpc output, YCbCr444 (chroma 4:4:4), and hit apply.

Lastly, I set the sharpness to 100 and windows 10 automatically set the DPI to 150%. I tried fooling around with higher and lower DPI, but finally agreed to Windows recommend 150%. Also, I enabled Trutype (Cleartype) and that smooths the text. I set zoom to 75% on google chrome and everything works perfect.

The display is glorious! It's a real monster. Gaming on it in Fallout 4 (from steam) and Tom Clancy's the Division is an experience to behold. I wouldn't get this little 40 inch to sit far back from it. This is meant to sit very close to. I don't see any of the lines or "screen door" effect as you would on some TV's. It honestly looks and plays better than my Samsung 27" PC Monitor. That was a full blown PC monitor, that costs as much as this, for only 27 inches.

As for productivity, such as writing term papers and surfing, reading, text is crystal clear thanks to the 4:4:4 chroma. I will never go back to anything smaller.

This J6200 40inch is highly recommended to use for gaming on the PC and for general PC usage!
on June 26, 2016
I bought this TV based on a recommendation by Consumer Reports. The picture is superb and I couldn’t be happier. But I found the picture to be disappointing right out of the box. For many of us, to get a truly satisfying picture takes some trial and error with the settings. Consumer Reports provided the settings they recommend as part of the online review. They along with other reviewers recommend the Movie picture mode and a Sharpness setting at 0. But I wasn’t happy with the picture. After much trial and error, I came up with settings that gave me the picture I preferred. If you are not happy with the picture settings out of the box, here are the settings I used for you to try. Picture Mode: Natural, Backlight: 20, Contrast: 100, Brightness: 46, Sharpness: 25, Color: 46, Tint: G49, R51. I hope this is helpful.
on June 29, 2016
First of all not sure if we have scam reviews on this thread but:
The packing was amazing samsung box inside a huge unbelievably sturdy outer box (think running of the bulls :). Tv is just great! The smart tv I plugged directly into my router. Setup was very easy. The smart tv part is fast responding and smooth (getting to Netflix etc) anyone saying that it lags between screens is scamming as far as I am concerned!! The sound is good for a tv speaker. If you want real quality then sound bar but its very nice for me. The TV arrived at my door in a day and a half!!!!! Rushed home so it wouldn't sit out there. Beautiful picture for sure!!
review image
on December 4, 2016
I feel bad for giving the TV a 1 star since the display is really solid, only needed to increase backlight from the stock settings.
My problem is with the SmartHub software itself, as a network/software engineer I can't believe Samsung finds the software acceptable.
When you turn the TV on if you immediately try to use SmartHub it will tell you it needs to load try again later. You wait a minute, hit it again, same message. How about a popup when the TV starts (like the icon that appears when you mute the TV) that tells you it's still loading and a progress bar? Is that too much to ask for? Also just trying to update the smarthub and updating individual apps is unintuitive. If this were the only problem I could have overlooked it. The youtube app is nonfunctional. I bought this TV as a gift for someone who regularly uses youtube, you can sync youtube from desktop to the TV (or from phone) so it would be great if they could play 1080p content on the TV, first the content never plays in 1080p, only 720p, second it will randomly pause and never resume. When it pauses you see the video almost completely buffered (whole video is cached and ready to play) but will never resume. It's so frustrating it ruins what would be the best feature of the TV, the ability to play 1080p content from youtube on the TV! If you search online you'll see endless threads on the issue. Note this is probably a youtube issue not a samsung issue, but you're paying for a samsung product who is not pressuring youtube to fix their app.

That said Hulu/Netflix/Amazon seem to run okay, but getting a Roku is just going to be a better option.

Imagine finding a 1080p Documentary on Mars, or whatever, selecting play on TV, the video starting, running in 720p, playing for 5 mins then freezing and never resuming.

If they sold this TV for $225 with no smart software I'd give it a 5 star.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.