CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Samsung Wireless Video Security Monitoring System (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
There is a newer version of this item:
- Two-way communication, temperature sensor included
- Video/audio output for viewing on television, music play functions for lullaby
- Night vision camera supports up to 10ft(3m) viewing
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Pros- The picture is amazing. I do photography so I am very particular when it comes to resolution and clarity.
The night view is wonderful- you can change the contrast and not grainy at all.
On the camera you can set the sensitivity level as well as the volume for the music and voice intercom.
There are two zoom levels, they are both very clear.
From the hand held screen, you can activate the music in the nursery without going in the room, as well as turn on/off the night light.
The temperature reading-I read another review stating it reads about 10 degrees warmer on this model- ours has been accurate.
There is barely any delay-really it's about 1 second off.
The battery life is fair- what I expected for a 3.5 inch screen. It will beep three times when you need to plug it in.
You have the option of a beep or vibrate for the voice activation.
You can set the screen on a timer- it will go off, but activate when she makes a noise or moves- I have it set on the more sensitive side.
The intercom is great- my husband said it was very clear and she recognized my voice.
CONS- there is not a single thing wrong with this model. (The more expensive Samsung models have a pan option- I have the camera on the wall in a corner and can see the entire nursery (12x14)and zoom in on the crib. Pan not needed!Read more ›
1) 2.4GHz DIGITAL WIRELESS BABY VIDEO MONITOR SYSTEM WITH NIGHT VISION -- 2.4" Color LCD Screen (Two-way Radio communication) by Smart AV ,
2) MOBICAM DXR DIGITAL MONITORING SYSTEM,
3) SAMSUNG WIRELESS VIDEO SECURITY MONITORING SYSTEM w/ 3.5" LCD,
4) SUMMER INFANT BABY TOUCH COLOR VIDEO MONITOR by Summer infant.
I have a 3yr. old and I was still using my Sony baby call monitor which I still love, but now I need to see when she gets out of her bed and I wanted the two way feature "talk to the baby feature" so I could talk to her and tell her to get back in her bed. I should also say that I want to see as much of her room around her bed as I could her room is 11 ft. by 12ft I put the camera in the corner on a shelf eight feet off the ground about 10 and ½ ft away from her bed, so if she got out of her bed I could see where she was. I could also see her during the day playing in her room. Well, let me say that they at least at this moment they don't make a monitor with a 100% "clear" picture for day and night vision.
First up, I bought the 2.4 GHz MONITOR by SMART AV: It was good I could see her ok during the day, and at night with the night vision and I could hear her and she could hear me when I talked on it.
CONS: Not the best picture but it was good enough. The camera did not adjust down far enough I had to put a coaster under the back half to get it to angle down some more and no sound bar (the lights that light up according to how noisy it is in the room). The big problem was it did not have the rechargeable batteries the other reviewers said it had. (Amazon told me it was probably because they bought it from a different seller not DBroth.Read more ›
- quick and easy set up and use
- excellent image quality, especially in low/no light situations
- portability of the monitor display (small, light-weight, doesn't have to be plugged in all the time)
- zoom feature allows you to zoom in (x2) and then adjust screen area accordingly
- can connect to your Skype account to view from any computer (have not attempted this yet, however)
- able to add up to 4 cameras
- can connect display unit to computer or TV for enlarged viewing
- includes date/time stamp on the display
- lots of additional featured not found on other monitors in this price range
- the temperature monitor seemed like a cool feature, however, we've found to be very inaccurate. It usually reads about 10 degrees warmer than actual temp in the crib. That's it for the cons!
Overall, extremely satisfied with this purchase. I wish we'd bought it from the start, rather than messing with the audio monitor we had first.
1) Good quality of the screen so I can see my baby (even breathing: chest going up and down at night)
2) Easy of use (I just hate anything that is a pain to use)
3) Camera pan/zoom option (My baby moves around and I like having camera close to him, so this is a really good feature to have)
So, let me explain how those three monitors performed.
First one is Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with 3.5 Inch Color LCD Screen (At Amazon regular price: 229.99)
This one is the winner. It has a good picture quality, zoom in, is really easy to use. That's it. It satisfied all those three categories. Other feature I also liked but not necessary are,, talk back, lullaby (well, kinda useless for my baby). I wish it was made with a little better quality plastic (compared to other two I've tried) and wish it had clock on the screen, which is very helpful at night when the baby wakes up! One thing I noticed though, was that battery of parent unit goes out SO QUICK when it is not plugged in, and use rechargeable battery.
Second one is Samsung Wireless Video Security Monitoring System w/ 3.5" LCD (At Amazon regular price: 179)
This one,, sigh... I really wanted to love it... I always trust Samsung quality. and YES, it comes up to that quality standard (both physical material that is made out of, and some great added features) that I look for. BUT there are a few cons that I just could not live with.
First of all, this one is LOADED with FEATURES. It has the best quality screen (almost like a digital camera! which is very impressive for a baby monitor!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Monitor portion stopped charging and could no longer be used. Sent it back because the warranty was still valid (sucked having to go without it while they received it and shipped a... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Replaced our lorex baby monitor with this one. The quality of the screen is great compared to other monitors. Especially the larger size. Read morePublished 15 months ago by JC