Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Is Samsung blu-ray player, BD-E5700 (2012 model) compatible with amazon video on demand? If not, how is best watch streaming video?
asked by Amazon Customer on October 24, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
As far as I've been able to find out. You cannot get amazon movies using this player. I know there are quite a few movie apps including Netflix & Blockbuster and some others, but Amazon is definitley not one of them. Hope this helps.
Kenneth W. Dight answered on October 25, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
From what I can tell none of the Samsung players support Amazon Prime vids. We have a Sony and a Samsung player. The Sony has a bunch of apps including Amazon. The Samsung is very crude by comparison when it comes to supported apps. Must be a turf issue between Samsung, Sony and Amazon.
Hergy answered on December 28, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I do not think it came with that app. It did come with Netflix though, and very well too.
skydiver44 answered on October 25, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No it is not. Netflix but, I would not buy this blu-ray
Zami answered on October 25, 2012

A
I am not sure if amazon video is compatible. There are many apps to choose from to stream video. I use Netflix. The picture quality is at least as good as DVD when streaming. However, I find that Netflix has a lot of issues. I will need to sign back in, it will not load and then at least every 3 months you have to update the Blu-ray player.
Other streaming Blu-ray players seem to have the same issues.
If you are going to mainly stream video, I would recommend buying something else. This is fine for occasional use but can cause many headaches.
traveling family answered on October 26, 2012

A
It doesn't come with Amazon video on demand, but I just hooked up my laptop to my tv using a hdmi cable and watch it that way. The best part is that I can fast forward or go back in the video with a click of the mouse. I have a wireless network setup at home and use this setup in my bedroom. I have a computer tray that I use my mouse on while lying in bed.
Diana In the Middle answered on December 22, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. However, as a whole, my Sony Blu-Rays work very well when I stream video thru Netflix, Amazon & Hulu. I had constant loading & authentication issues with Netflix with my Samsung.
Nita answered on October 24, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product