Samsung t239 Prepaid Phone, Charcoal (T-Mobile)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Compact slider phone for voice communication as well as text and instant messaging
- Pay for just the minutes you use with no annual contract--easy refill via Internet or prepaid cards
- VGA camera for still photos; Bluetooth for handsfree devices; personal organizer tools
- Up to 6 hours of talk time, up to 336 hours (14 days) of standby time
- What's in the Box: handset, battery, charger, wired handsfree headset, getting started guide, user manual (English/Spanish)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
This basic GSM phone puts the features of the T229 into a slider body and bumps up the display resolution. Key features include Bluetooth, camera, mobile web browser, and Java for downloadable games.
Stay in touch with all your contacts and keep your busy life organized with the Samsung T239, and pay the way you want with prepaid and postpaid calling plans from T-Mobile Pay As You Go. The compact, T239 slider phone includes multiple messaging options--including text, picture and instant messaging--and it provides handsfree communication capabilities via an integrated speakerphone and Bluetooth connectivity.
T-Mobile Pay As You Go lets you
pay the way you want.
Other features include a VGA camera for still photos, personal organizer tools, compatibility with T-Mobile's My Faves service, and up to 6 hours of talk time.
The Samsung T239 slider phone has a brightly colorful LCD screen (176 x 220 pixels, 262K color depth) that sits above a four-way navigation pad that's surrounded by send/end keys and two soft navigation keys. Push the face upward and it smoothly slides open to reveal the standard alpha-numeric keypad that's complemented with dedicated keys of accessing messaging tools and the phone's web browser.
A VGA camera on the back for still photos.
This phone has a small 10 MB internal memory, which cannot be expanded. The phonebook can store up to 300 contacts with multiple numbers per contact entry.
Handsfree communication is easy thanks to the integrated speakerphone. This phone also provides Bluetooth wireless connectivity, and includes profiles for communication headset and handsfree car kits.
You'll be able to stay in close contact with friends and family via both text (SMS) and picture (MMS) messaging, and this phone provides access to popular instant messaging services (including AIM, Yahoo!, and Windows Live) for fast, on-the-go conversations. This handset includes built-in T9 predictive text entry technology, which makes it easier to enter words and text.
Other features include:
- VGA digital camera (640 x 480 pixels) for still photos with 4x digital zoom
- Organizer tools: alarm, calendar, tasks, calculator, world time, converter, timer, stopwatch
- 40-chord polyphonic ringtones plus vibrate mode
- Graphic format support: JPEG, GIF, PNG
- Voice note recorder
The Samsung T239 weighs 3.34 ounces and measures 1.87 x 3.78 x 0.68 inches. Its lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 336 hours (14 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS frequencies.
T-Mobile prepaid plans give you wireless access with less commitment, so you can pay--and talk--as you go. With no annual contract, no credit check, and no monthly bill, prepaid plans are a simple, direct way to go mobile. There are many ways to conveniently refill your T-Mobile Prepaid Plan so that you can stay continually connected with the people who matter most, including using web2go directly from your phone, via the T-Mobile Web site, or using refill cards available at over 90,000 locations nationwide.
With Pay As You Go, you get wireless service exactly how you like it--there's no long-term contract, no credit checks, and no surprises. Add $100 in refills with Pay As You Go and you'll become a Gold Rewards customer, which gets you 15 percent more minutes on all refills and your minutes won't expire for a year after the time you refill.
See T-Mobile's coverage map.
You can also pay only $1.00 per day for unlimited nights and unlimited nationwide calling to any T-Mobile number. All other domestic calls you make are just 10¢ per minute.
T-Mobile includes the following services with this T-Mobile Pay As You Go phone:
- Nationwide long distance (including calls to Alaska and Hawaii)
- National roaming on the T-Mobile USA network
- t-zones (browsing for HiFi Ringers, MegaTones, wallpapers, and more; not available on all devices)
- Voice-mail, caller ID, call waiting, three-way calling
- Free e-mail address (email@example.com)
- Text messaging ($0.10 to send, $0.5 to receive)
- Picture messaging ($0.25 to send or receive)
- Download ringtones and wallpaper (prices vary)
- Download games and applications (prices vary)
- 411 & More directory assistance ($1.79 per call plus airtime)
- International dialing to over 150 countries (international rates apply)
- Prepaid international roaming rates
To keep your mobile number active, refill within 90 days after your minutes expire. After 90 days, your account will be canceled and you will lose your phone number. If you want to restart service after that time, you will need to activate new service.
Top customer reviews
overall good phone, lacks alot of features new phones come with, even basic prepaid phones, but good phone. i suggest you look around though, i replaced this phone a month after buying it after switching from t-mobile to another company and got a basic smart phone with gps for free for only 50 bucks, cheaper lol.