Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Samyang SY16M-C 16mm f/2.0 Aspherical Wide Angle L..." and save 51% off the $499.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Cameras & Camcorders Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Samyang SY16M-C 16mm f/2.0 Aspherical Wide Angle Lens for Canon EF Cameras
Order it now.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra wide angle 16mm lens
- Large f/2.0 aperture for low light photography and night street shooting
- Designed for cameras with cropped APS-C image sensors
- Includes Removable lens hood and takes 77mm filters
- Available for Canon EOS, Nikon, Sony Alpha, Pentax, Micro 4/3, Sony E-Mount, Canon M, Fuji X, and Samsung NX
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The NEW Samyang 16mm Ultra Wide Angle F/2.0 Aspherical Lens is Samyangs newest addition to its assortment of high quality, affordable, prime lenses. The new 16mm lens is designed for cameras with APS-C crop frame sensors. Its build and construction are superb! The lens is constructed of 13 elements in 11 groups and features 2 aspherical lens elements. All of these lens elements combine to minimize distortion and chromatic aberrations. The lens also features a removable hood and takes a 77mm filter. Your pictures are sure to come out razor sharp and clear, even at the corners! The Samyang 16mm lens features a remarkable 83.1-Degree angle of view on APS-C cameras and 67.6-Degree on 4/3 cameras. The lens is available for the following mounts: Canon EOS, Nikon, Sony Alpha, Pentax, Canon M, Sony E-Mount, Micro 4/3, Fuji X and Samsung NX. The Nikon mount features a built-in AE chip for auto aperture, exposure and metering with your camera.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Attached are 2 photos I've taken with the same camera using each lens so you can compare, the first with the original lens at about a ~45 second exposure, the 2nd pic with the Samyang with a 20 second exposure. I think the camera had the same ISO settings for each pic, but I'm not 100% certain since it was a few months in between when they were taken. Obviously different white balance settings. As you can see in the first pic, it has some star-trailing without the clear definition of the milky way. The Samyang lens (2nd pic) does a lot better cleaning up those deficiencies.
The Samyang lens is 100% manual, so you have to adjust the focus & aperture yourself for each picture you take - the camera will not adjust those settings for you with this lens. It also does not zoom. Many people would consider these facts to be negatives, but they can be a positive in challenging you to learn your camera & lens so that you take better photos.
The one true negative that I do have (so far) is that vignetting can be hard to overcome. There are ways to combat vignetting (and some of my problems might be within my old camera itself), but it's possible a higher-price/top-quality lens might be more effective in eliminating vignetting from the get-go.