Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Samyang SYIO85AF-E 85mm F1.4 Auto Focus Weather Sealed Lens for Sony E-Mount
|Compatible Mountings||Sony FE|
|Lens Description||85 millimetres|
|Max Focal Length||85 Millimeters|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- For Sony E-mount full-frame & APS-C Mirrorless cameras
- Aperture range: f/1.4 to f/17
- Ultra multi-coated Optics; weather-sealed
- Takes front filter size of 77mm
- Constructed of 11 elements in 8 groups
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
AF 85mm F1.4 FE Lens
The AF 85mm F1.4 FE was designed with creativity in mind. The bright F1.4 aperture provides excellent performance and precise, selective focus control. Attractive bokeh is created through a precision lens and a nine-blade iris for natural, circular, out-of-focus highlights at all apertures.
The AF 85mm F1.4 FE’s optical design minimizes optical aberrations while maximizing the image quality. The detailed rendering results in exceptional image quality. The bright maximum aperture means you can enjoy the excellent performance even when shooting indoors or in darker conditions.
Compare with similar items
ROKINON IO85AF-E 85mm F1.4 Auto Focus Weather Sealed Lens for Sony E-Mount
Sony SEL85F18 85mm F/1.8-22 Medium-Telephoto Fixed Prime Camera Lens, Black
SAMYANG 85mm f/1.4 Auto Focus Lens for Sony E-Mount Lens Station for Sony E
Samyang 24mm F/2.8 Prime Fixed Auto Focus Wide Angle Lens, Black (SYIO24AF-E)
Sony - FE 50mm F1.8 Standard Lens (SEL50F18F/2)
|Compatible Camera Mount||Sony FE, Sony FE||Sony FE, Sony FE||—||Sony E||Sony E||—|
|Item Dimensions||2.90 x 3.20 x 3.20 inches||2.90 x 3.20 x 3.20 inches||4.49 x 3.82 x 4.49 inches||—||2.40 x 2.40 x 1.50 inches||4.09 x 3.40 x 4.69 inches|
|Item Weight||1.85 lbs||1.80 lbs||0.65 lbs||2.25 lbs||2.40 ounces||—|
|Lens Type||Telephoto||Telephoto||Telephoto||—||Wide Angle||Standard|
|Maximum Aperture||1.4 millimeters||1.4 millimeters||1.8 millimeters||f/1.4||f/2.8||1.8 millimeters|
|Maximum Focal Length||85 millimeters||85 millimeters||85 millimeters||85.0 millimeters||24||75 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||85 millimeters||85 millimeters||35||85.0 millimeters||24||35|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||77.0 millimeters||77.0 millimeters||—||—||49.0 millimeters||—|
The AF 85mm F1.4 FE is inspired by the optical vision of the MF 85mm F1.4 AS IF UMC, which has been loved for its beautiful out-of-focus images since its launch in 2008: however, this new lens develops the original's existing strengths with a much more advanced optical design, newly optimized for mirrorless cameras. This lens of great value and charm with high resolution encapsulates Samyang's universally respected 40-year optical technology in your photographs.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
And cheaper as well! Don’t buy G Lenses before YouTube about this lenses!
UPDATE 04/21/2020, Just updated the lens with the Samyang lens station and now VIDEO is working GREAT!
before the update VIDEO FOCUS was horrible!
I would argue that the image quality is so close with the more expensive lenses that it is indistinguishable in 99% of use cases.
Solid build, easy to use, fast, sharp, and inexpensive. No frills, just function.
Can't say enough about how the background gets blurred using this lens. Just amazing. I've added a few photos to help show it.
Someone on youtube said that this lens actually is more like a 1.6 lens instead of 1.4, and he made this claim by saying he compared it to two other lenses. Not a very scientific way to go about this so I can't accept his conclusions (he's considered a "Sony Artisan" so that might explain it). I'd love to hear from anyone who has more information on this. Regardless, it is amazing.
Glad I purchased it.
Top reviews from other countries
1. It is surprisingly light, but big in size so on gimbals you need to position it correctly. (Bottom of lens extends past the bottom of the A7III when mounted)
2. F1.4 is a Fast Aperture and really helped me in low light events to keep ISO low
3. I used it for Videography (weddings) mostly and it worked great in both AF / MF
4. Weather sealing gives me peace of mind when on pro and casual shoots
5. AF is FAST and Mostly Silent in all types of light
6. Cheap cost compared to native lenses
1. Amazing. I cannot tell the difference from the 2-3k equivalents.
2. Image files are so pleasing to look at
3. Video files while editing projects look so crisp and cinematic
I highly recommend this lens. I received this relatively quick and in great shape / condition.
I've used the Sony 85mm 1.4 GM and I can say that this lens is practically as snappy and sharp as the Sony version. AF is quick, eye-AF works like a charm. I'm so impressed. I do wish there was a button on the lens (which I set to eye-af) but that's probably a Sony patent or something. It's also a bit smaller than the Sony 85mm 1.4 so that's a plus!
The focus ring has just the right resistance. Samyang/Rokinon really killed it with this one and I can't wait until their next AF lens for Sony!
Is this lens for you?
- If you don't mind the extra size, weight and couple hundred $ compared to the Sony 85mm f/1.8 lens, GO FOR IT. You won't be disappointed.
- If you shoot portraits (or want to) for a living or even a hobby, you'll love it.
- I use it for events, believe it or not. You can stand back and get fantastic candid shots of people.
Don't get this lens if:
- You're travelling (it's bulky)
- You need versatility and therefore a zoom lens
- That's about it..
(Pics coming soon)
PS: there was an issue of invalid lens the first time i attached it to my camera but it never happened again.
I brought this to a wedding event. I really love the output of this lens but there’s a lot of inconsistencies with this lens. It freezes up, sometimes the aperture control is lost, can’t focus when your subject is in high contrast. This lens made me so nervous specially for critical moments of the wedding.