Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on July 19, 2017
I first seen this book while staying at a hotel in San Diego. I love San Diego, it's my favorite destination to go to when I'm short on cash and don't want to go too far. I love the history, culture and beauty of this little city. I'm not too far from San Diego but it's a great place to be especially during the summer. This book has a lot of history, information about the various places in and out of San Diego. I wish it included more information especially about culture rather than just focusing on historical context of the city. The pictures are great and the book is very sturdy.
on October 19, 2016
A wonderful book with old black and white photos of selected important places on the left-hand side and, in each case, another photo facing it, showing how the area looks today. Some of the modern photos line up so well with the old ones that you can enjoy trying to match the mountains and other features in the background. Several lines of commentary under each picture offer interesting historical information.
I have given a copy of this book as a farewell present to friends from abroad and now have finally bought a copy for myself.
on January 29, 2011
I lived in San Diego, from 1953-1988, and moved to Arizona...why, I don't quite know. Took yet another trip to back to San Diego with my husband in 2010 and Ohhh how I miss my home town. The beaches... La Jolla Cove, OB and Mission Beach. Go Law Street ! This book shows so many of my best memories from Mission Valley and along The Avenue ( El Cajon Blvd), Balboa Park, "old" San Diego and now...the "new" San Diego. If anyone loves San Diego, no matter what the era this is a must-have book. The photos, then and now, just stop my heart. The research is excellent and I have learned so may new facts about where I grew up. Thank you so much Nancy Hendrickson. You have created my new favorite book.
on May 24, 2017
Great book
on May 6, 2016
Have other then and now books and enjoy all of them
on November 11, 2016
This is an excellent and beautiful book for both people who have visited San Diego and those who live there.
on July 22, 2016
Beautiful photos comparing points of interest in San Diego generations ago and how they look now. Vendor was great as well as shipping speed.
on February 2, 2017
Nice book. Interesting photos and info about San Diego. Gave as gift to visitor to San Diego
on March 3, 2016
Gave as a gift. San Diego resident enjoyed the book. I enjoyed it before I gave the gift.
on January 24, 2017