Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Size: 8GB|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,936 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,142 reviews
on July 13, 2008
I tested the possibility of using my BlackBerry 8310 Curve as my primary mp3 player with an inexpensive Kingston 2GB microSD card. I ran into several issues in the process, but learned how to overcome them.

The Curve limits the file size transfers when they are sent to the phone's storage. This protects the phone from running out of memory. The trick is ensuring you are transferring files to the card instead. If you map drives on your computer, the first available drive is automatically used for the Curve's memory card. At home this is my F drive while at work it is K. If any other device is mapped to that drive, the Curve's memory card will not be recognized.

Additionally, there are settings that may need to be changed to allow music file transfers. Go to "Settings", then "Options" to click on "Media Card." Set "Mass Storage Mode Support" to ON. Also set the "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" to YES or PROMPT.

Initially to save music, I needed to remove the card from my Curve and transfer files directly from my computer. This is where the adapter, which converts the microSD card to full-sized SD card, comes in handy. After removing the Curve's battery, I simply popped the microSD card into the adapter and used my computer's SD drive. Do not format the card in the Curve, as it will only recognize half the storage space. If you must format, do so on your computer instead. Now that I have everything set up properly, this card does the job without worries.

PROS:
Good price
Reliable card

CONS:
None
1010 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2011
I guess this extends to ALL sandisk bulk packaging products. Just to be perfectly clear, this is BULK packaging and I dont think it's worth saving 2 to 3 bucks over the retail. It's not just about the packaging, it's the warranty that comes with it. Bulk packaged cards are NOT covered by the warranty. Let me make this perfectly clear, if you're card stops working, sandisk will NOT RMA the card because you bought it bulk packaged so for all you care, it could be a counterfeit card since it's just like one. I called sandisk to confirm this (up to the manager level).
on May 4, 2011
Hello! I Recently bought this card so me and my brother could double the space on our PSPs (using photofast MicroSD to MS pro duo adapters) I would like to report that I have succeeded! I ordered it on the 29th of April from the seller "Next Web Sales" and it was expected to arrive tomorrow! Yet it came today! The 4th of may!

I am VERY PLEASED with it as well!!! Except for the fact that its really a little more than 7 gigs because of the wrong way the flash card companies calculate Gigabytes. But its still twice what I had before with a 4gb MicroSD with my MS pro duo adapter.

And it looks like a better quality card than those sold at my local Costco!

A couple of notes for people who want to buy this from "Next Web Sales"

1: Don't buy this if you hate to get stuff earlier then expected! LOL! :)

2: It is a Class 4 card, and it's speed varies from 4 - 5 MB a second write speed
and stays around 9.6 MB a second read speed, which is actually a little on the
slow side for read speeds of a class 4, but it only takes 12 minutes to read
all 8 gigs, even though its slower then normal, so no big deal!

3: It comes in a small plastic case but without an adapter, but again no big deal
for me as I don't use them anyway, and I have extras from previous purchases
if I do need one someday. :)

4: They are made in Taiwan if thats important to anyone.

So I hope you were informed by my review! I try to make them (my reviews) with the info that I would want to read about. not just "Great product!" and you have no idea from whom I bought it. So if this helped you click "yes" below so others can find my review easily.

Thanks and good luck! :)
on November 23, 2012
I've noticed with this card that after you add or delete files on a Sansa MP3 player, it really makes the player's "refresh" cycle slow down when you have it in the machine. It doesn't seem to matter whether you're changing something on the card or the device's internal memory. And this ends up taking 4 or 5 times as long as it does when the machine is operating without an external card. About the only reason I can think of is that the firmware on the player is used to less memory. I'll just have to try to avoid adding or deleting files when I've got one in the device. Plus, it's a good thing I bought two of these and loaded them both with the same files--one of them "forgets" the stuff I put on it. The irony of it is that when I bought my two here a couple of weeks back, they were about $2 less than they are now. Which makes me lucky, I guess.
on July 24, 2015
Works great, exactly what I needed for my SC-999 tablet.

EDIT: Bought another because I liked the first one so much!

Got it for my "new" Moto-E 1st gen smartphone, works like a charm! In fact, the first time I powered on the phone after putting the card in, the phone asked if I wanted to transfer my media over to the card -- though not a feature of the card, it was still pretty cool. This will be my second card from these guys - both came in little, hard plastic clam shell cases. Shipping was prompt.
on December 31, 2011
I got this for my phone, the samsung admire. Even though it's a class 2 MicroSD, it works fast enough for a phone on almost all cases. the only time I noticed it being slow was when I decided to move angry birds and fruit ninja (2 videogame apps for adroid) over to the SD card to increase internal space. I noticed that the games became significantly slower when it came to loading the levels after I did so. that means if you're considering to buy a microSD card for your phone, a class 2 is good enough if you don't plan on playing any videogame apps, or if your phone's internal memory is more than enough to store all your videogame apps. If you plan on storing games in your MicroSD card though, try getting a class 4 or higher. SanDisk seems to be a pretty good brand for buying MicroSD's, I've always used them and they've never fallen short of expectation.
on July 22, 2016
Perfect. But I should have bought more; my dash cam recorded approximately 12 hours worth of driving, then it would record over what was already there, didn't realize this so our trip driving to Alaska from Wisconsin did not fully get covered. So if anyone is planning a long trip, plan on buying at least one for every 12 hour drive.
on April 21, 2017
I loaded about 400 MP3 files and the card is about 1/2 full. I like the micro memory card holder. I had to reformat the card after I initially attempted to use it and the card re-initialized as if it had not been used at all. The card works perfect in the SDHC slot to our car radio.
on October 8, 2016
Bought for several devices I needed. * GB was planty. Speed seemed off a bit. X-rays and shock proof
on December 4, 2010
So far these 8GB micro SDHC cards are functioning as expected, (after 3 weeks). It would have been nice had they included the full sized adaptor, but it wasn't advertised as coming with it. Besides a bit of confusion in being able to track the shipment due to leg dragging on the part of the vendor, I'm happy with this purchase.