|Item model number||SDIX30N-256G-GN6NE|
|Item Weight||0.192 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.36 x 0.48 x 0.68 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||2.36 x 0.48 x 0.68 inches|
|Manufacturer||Western Digital Technologies Inc.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||February 27, 2017|
SanDisk 256GB IXpand Flash Drive for IPhone and IPad - SDIX30N-256G-GN6NE
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Designed with a flexible connector to fit through most iPhone cases
- Automatically back up photos and videos from your camera, contacts
- Quickly free up space on your iPhone (iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro 12.9 inches, iPad Pro 9.7 inches iPad with Retina display, iPod 5th Generation and newer, with Lightning connector and iOS 8.2+)
- High-speed USB 3.0 transfer to and from your computer
- Easily manage your photos and videos with the iXpand Drive app
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Free up space
Just plug in iXpand to start moving photos and videos off your iPhone¹.
¹ iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro, iPad with Retina display, iPod 5th Generation and newer; iXpand Drive app and iOS 8.2 required.
Automatic back up
Automatically back up your latest photos and videos every time you plug in iXpand².
² Available for download from the App Store. iOS 8.2 required. Setup automatic backup within app settings.
Use the in-app camera to save photos and videos directly to iXpand so you can free up your phone's memory for other things.
Compare with similar items
Designed to be the perfect companion for your iPhone, the iXpand Flash Drive offers an easy way to free up space on your iPhone, automatically backs up your camera roll, and even lets you watch popular-format videos straight from the drive. The drive has both a flexible Lightning connector that works with most cases and a USB 3.0 connector to plug into your PC or Mac computer so you can easily move your stuff where you want it. The iXpand Flash Drive also includes encryption software that lets you password-protect files, so you can share your content while keeping sensitive files secure across your devices. Take all the photos and videos you want—the iXpand Flash Drive delivers a fast and simple way to free up space on your iPhone so that you're always ready to capture more memories.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I recently purchased a SanDisk iXpand drive to store content. Reports of a year ago indicated that it might not work with an iPhone X, but I’m pleased to report that it works well with mine (running iOS 12.1.4).
The backup app isn’t as nice as one might want it to be, but it seems to check all the boxes as to functionality.
Using this I hope to capture a bunch of content, and not have to sweat backups or uploading in town.
1) Kills battery quickly - now you might not see this if you are copying a few photos, but I wanted it to offload gigs of 4K video so I could continue to shoot. This whole concept is a fallacy...first the transfer from my 256GB iPhone 7 Plus to the iXpand is so slow it would take hours to clear 100GB of 4K footage. In that time, it will have killed the battery so I would have to charge the iPhone to be able to shoot any more. The first transfer I did killed the battery BEFORE the transfer completed, and the battery was over 90% to begin with.
2) Awful software, making it impossible to find a specific clip. For some reason it was sorting by date last played as opposed to date created...useless. I also did not properly sort by size, or display the size in listings. In transfers it had no good indication of progress, or that it was even working, and crashed a number of times making unattended transfers impossible.
3) It says it can store video footage to the expand while recording...well not 4K it can't! This is not a surprise, and USB 2.0 speeds do not have the bandwidth to handle a 4K stream. Of course it cannot playback the footage through the phone either without dropped frames and freezes.
4) Now this may have just been the copy I had, but the USB connector was on the very small side of the USB spec, meaning I could not plug it into a number of common USB devices and hubs I own.
Also, come to find out, in Apple's wisdom they do not allow a lighting connector to carry power while doing data transfer to an unpowered device like this, it only works for audio. This means there is no way to adapt this or any similar iOS flash drive to have a charge connected when working. This means long form transfer of data needs to be done into a computer that will supply power to the phone while transferring,
So friends, this is not a useful device IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, and very overpriced for the 256GB model.
The idea here is the ability to migrate files between computers and iDevices, with file transportability. Unfortunately, the software design has critical functional failures which make this impossible. This LOOKS like it would be able to migrate files between laptop and iDevices, to enhance practical usefulness and versatility between the platforms. However, the drive can’t be used in a conventional Windows Explorer manner - files from a Windows computer CAN be transported to and opened on an iDevice, but they are transferred and opened locally on the device, not opened on the drive. Similarly, Files created or edited on the device cannot be saved back to the windows file structure, and the iOS file structure cannot be viewed on PC. So “edits” to MS Office documents/sheets/presentations done on iOS aren’t really edits to the original file, they’re a new local version of the file, which cannot be viewed when moving back to the PC.
Intuitively, it’s obvious users don’t simply want to transfer files one direction. But the way the software is designed currently, for example, a word document can be created on a PC and transferred to an iDevice, but then once it is edited on an iPad, it cannot be transferred back to a PC.
So close, but still a complete miss.
Top international reviews
- prinzipiell funktioniert der Stick
- App zum Abspielen der Medien (Musik/Videos/Bilder) funktioniert ebenfalls
- SanDisk Kundenservice. Hab diesen via Chat kontaktiert und kam sofort dran. Mitarbeiter hat alle Fragen kompetent, freundlich und mit Geduld beantwortet. TOP!
- Stick kommt auch sehr hochwertig rüber
- Schreibgeschwindigkeit <10 MB/s
- den iXpand vollzuschaufeln dauert daher um die 8 Stunden. Macht man aber wohl eher nur einmal. Danach tauscht man vermutlich nur mehr Kleinigkeiten aus. Daher für mich ein vernachlässigbares Manko.
- USB-3 Port im iXpand vorhanden, was ein Witz ist. USB-2 hat real ~20 MB/s Transfer-Raten. USB-3 hat real ~120 MB/s. Dieser Stick schreibt sogar langsamer, als die schon langsame Hochstgeschwindigkeit von USB-2 zulässt. Guter Humor, SanDisk!
- iXpand-App ist unendlich langsam
- iXpand-App zeigt Musik-Dateien via TAGs falsch an. Alben werden in Einzeltracks zerrissen (bei iTunes werden diese fehlerfrei angezeigt).
- iXpand-App: man kann auch über die Ordnerstrucktur hineinnavigieren. Leider ruckelt und hängt es IMMER.
- wenn ich einen Titel abspielen möchte, brauche ich stets mehrere Minuten, bis ich diesen Titel endlich habe. Dadurch verliert man mit der Zeit die Lust diesen Stick weiterhin zu verwenden, "mal schnell" was abzuspielen.
- iXpand-App Fehlermeldungen: "Track kann nicht abgespielt werden. Womöglich ist die App gerade zu sehr ausgelastet".
Womöglich ist die 128GB Version nicht so elend langsam. Vielleicht ist die Sandisk-App mit der Größe des Sticks (aufgrund der langsamen Lesegeschwindigkeit) überfordert? Stick macht für mich so leider keinen Sinn und daher leider wieder zurück. Schade.
Vielleicht können Besitzer anderer Kapazitäten kommentieren, ob die iXpand-App die selben Probleme hat?
We found out it didn’t work in the tele we had in Spain but was still a great item to use elsewhere when we went out and about.
This was the main reason I bought it. As I have a vast dvd collection and is a great way to watch all my favourites and my son’s movies on the go.
Would definitely recommend
Easy to set up with app. Would recommend.