Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

SanDisk 16 GB Class 4 microSDHC Flash Memory Card
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 6, 2010
SD-card counterfeiting is truly rampant online (e.g. eBay). A 2GB card is modified to look like a 16GB card (both the packaging and the actual interface circuit, so it even tricks your computer). The card works fine until you use more than 2GB; then data corruption occurs.

This 16GB card is a good 40% cheaper than anywhere else I've seen, so I was initially very suspicious. Amazon is certainly reputable; however, in this case the seller is some third party (BoBoTECHNIC), and Amazon is shipping it on their behalf.

"H2testw" is a standard program used to verify SD card legitimacy. It writes a bunch of data to the card and then makes sure that it reads back exactly what it wrote. I am happy to report that the card passes the test.

Incidentally, the card holds 14.8GB (differs from 16GB due to marketing tricks that SD card makers play). H2testw averaged about 3.4MByte/s on both reads and writes. It takes about an hour to transfer 15GB to the card.
55 comments| 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2013
There's a lot of talk about fake SD cards right now and I DEFINITELY needed a true SanDisk 16gb, so I spent a stupid amount of time trying to decide which seller to go through. The majority of reviewers seem to be getting good cards, but every time someone says "I got a fake", I cringe. Obviously the quality and legitimacy of a product is the seller's responsibility, but people RARELY mention which seller they used for these "wonderful" or "horrible" transactions. That sure would be helpful tho, wouldn't it?

So, while of course I cant guarantee that every transaction is going to be exactly the same (there are ALWAYS exceptions - you cant make everyone happy all the time), nor can I guarantee the availability of this item, I can tell you that I personally purchased a 16gb SanDisk micro SDHC card from the seller "Everything But Stromboli". I those them because they had a good feedback rating, and they did not disappoint. I received my card in 3 days, in original packaging, and its the real deal.

(For anyone who doesn't know, SD cards NEVER have the exact GB they say. There is always inaccessible space reserved - they need this to work. It would be nice if they would just call it like it is, but whatever. Regardless of brands, 16gb actually equals 14.8gb of useable space. They're all like this - people who think they've been ripped off because of that missing space, are mistaken)
on May 11, 2011
I bought 2 of these cards from eTECH, but received Class 4 cards instead of Class 2. I can't fault the seller for thinking it was nothing but an upgrade, as the Class rating doesn't consider small-block random writes (which were relatively good for both cards), but this spec may possibly be important if you're running your OS from the actual card (Nook Color CM7 from SD, etc). Benchmarks are below for each card, and were taken on an internal card reader that's connected via USB to my mobo, prior to having written any data to the card. Neither of the cards quite hit the Class-4 promise of 4 MB/s sequential write speed--luckily that's not important for my usage, besides which, the item is listed as Class 2, and the cards do exceed Class 2 specs.

CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 0.958 MB/s [ 233.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.639 MB/s [ 155.9 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 1.191 MB/s [ 290.8 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.660 MB/s [ 405.2 IOPS]

Test : 50 MB [J: 0.0% (0.0/14.8 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2011/05/06 0:35:15
OS : Windows XP Professional SP3 [5.1 Build 2600] (x86)

CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 1.014 MB/s [ 247.6 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 1.646 MB/s [ 401.9 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 0.927 MB/s [ 226.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.500 MB/s [ 366.2 IOPS]

Test : 50 MB [J: 0.0% (0.0/14.8 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2011/05/06 0:44:50
OS : Windows XP Professional SP3 [5.1 Build 2600] (x86)
on June 9, 2014
It's a Micro SD card, and it works as it's supposed to. At this price, you shouldn't expect blazing speeds, it will do what it's supposed to and the price is just fine. Some will say " a few years ago, 16GB Micro SD cards were unheard of" and I agree. However, in a few years from now 16GB will seem like nothing. As there is no stopping the continual increase in appetite for more data and data storage. At this point I could easily talk about how ISPs are purposefully destroying the internet by limiting internet usage at a fixed amount set many years ago, and that hitting those data ceilings is becoming increasingly common in most households, but I already did. We should all buy large micro SD cards and a carrier pigeon. Faster speeds and no extra fee. Although the Ping might be a bit much.

-but back to the card: it works as advertised and for every day use it works swimmingly. Price is fine too.
on May 9, 2010
This memory card is all you need to store music and videos!! It has 15000MB approximately based on my phone and I'm loving it so far. Don't really have a problem with the speed of it even though other people might say that it's very slow. It's also genuine sandisk product as well! But what I don't understand is there is a black sticker on the back. Maybe it's suppose to be on there? I was thinking of getting a Sandisk 32GB Micro SDHC since it just came out. But then again, it's too expensive ($200+). I'd rather stick with x2 16GB and can buy even more than just 2 at that price. Nobody will regret buying this because it's so good price and good quality!
on February 16, 2016
This is great quality for a Kindle Fire. I will have to get a higher GB before it is over with. At least this will have a lot of great things stored on it if I ever have to go back to using it. I do recommend this one. It holds as much as my old cell phone did and wouldn't have had it any other way.
this is an excellent product. I've got one for my cell phone and works perfectly. It's the same old tech as a regular sd card but way the heck smaller. The downer is that it's so small that you can easily misplace it. The other downer but cheap to get is that you need a micro sd adapter to plug it into a computer. Other then that I love it. So far I've yet to fully fill it up to the max capacity. I don't see hardly any difference to a regular sd/micro sd card to this class 4 card.
on May 12, 2011
I bought this to replace the 2 GB card in my HTC EVO Shift. Bought mine from BoBOtechnic for $26.
Reads as just under 16 GB. It passes the free online testing programs' data transfer tests. Also I placed 8 GB of songs on it and it works great. Android folders are automatically populated and there is no loss of perf when accessing data from the card (at least that I can tell). I love it, I have a lot of music on it (not nearly my entire collection but a good amount) for in the car or whatever. Real easy to use. I was a little worried about the complaints you see about various micro-sd cards, but I might have a few suggestions that could rectify a lot of issues that occur ---

- Make sure you purchase a class 2 card (this one is)
- When you get the card, check the packaging, make sure it is sealed. Before putting the card in the phone, check it on your PC with a dongle and make sure there isn't anything on the drive. (You might even want to try different formatting options, but I didn't need to with this card)
- Change out the card in a clean environment. Don't touch the contacts on the card (I know this is difficult but it is possible.) Also, be very careful when inserting the card. It's easy to scratch a contact, so take it slow.
- Transfer data with the card outside of the phone. I use a little USB to micro-USB dongle to move data directly from the memory card to the computer and back. Moved 4 GBs of music in about 12 minutes that way. Takes at least twice as long if the phone is connected to USB directly. Just be careful when moving the card about. Keep away from the contacts and watch for ESD. One little zap can cause the card to fail immediately, or worse, give intermittent problems later on (which I bet is the culprit for some of the bad reviews for this and similar products).
- Always backup your card to your computer. These cards can only be written to 50,000 times or so, and you'd be surprised how quickly 50,000 writes can occur. But usually a format will fix that. If not, well then, its time for a new card. PLain and simple. At the price of this guy its worth it.

My HTC is even more of a powerhouse now. And now Winamp is available for it too. Just awesome.
VINE VOICEon April 5, 2011
First and foremost, I have to thank user "Karups" for their review. I made my purchase based on what they said and I made sure to buy from BoBoTECHNIC. Well, I'm happy to report an even better experience than Karups'! As noted by Karups, H2testw is an application that will test the integrity of your flash card by writing data to it, then verify that what it wrote to the card is what still resides there. Testing the data that was written will show if all the data was indeed written to the card or if any of it was over-written, which is how counterfeit cards give the illusion of being high-capacity. In other words, with a counterfeit card, you may think you've got 16 GB and it may appear as though you're writing that much data to your card, but what it's actually doing is overwriting data to fit on something like 4 GB of space (or less).

So, after receiving my card (which shipped to me lightening-fast), I downloaded H2testw, ran it, pointed it at my flash card and let it do its thing. Basically, the full process took a total of 66:16 (one hour, 6 minutes and 16 seconds) as it cycled through two processes: Writing and verifying. Here are the specifications of my results from each process:

Writing: A total of 15185 MB (an actual total of 14.8 GB) was written to the card in 48 minutes, 11 seconds at an average write speed of 5.25 MB/s.

Verifying: A total of 15185 MB (an actual total of 14.8 GB) was verified on the card in 18 minutes, 5 seconds at an average read speed of 14 MB/s.

The device I tested this on was a build-in SD card reader in an Alienware M11x R2.

So, as of this moment, I have a completely legitimate card for a fraction of the price of a full-priced card. It's still a bit difficult for me to believe and I'm almost waiting for something to go awry with this card. If it does, I'll be sure to update this review. If not, then consider me yet another satisfied customer of BoBoTECHNIC (even if I think the name is a bit odd for some reason, lol)!

-Stephen
review image
on May 6, 2011
Just purchased my third 16 gig card and plan to get a fourth card very soon. I am very pleased with the SanDisk 16GB micro SDHC flash memory card for several reasons. Now this may sound a bit extreme, but I think the iPod is too nice of a device to take out in the street. I own a 120 gig iPod classic and It's gotten a little banged up and scratched from carrying it in my pocket. I've dropped it a few times and that makes me nervous. At $249 dollars, I really can't afford to drop or lose another iPod.

Instead, I prefer to use my SanDisk slotMusic players (SanDisk Slot Players) when I am out in the street. They are excellent devices to have in your pocket when mowing the grass, exercising, riding the train or shopping at the supermarket.

I like a wide variety of music - jazz, classical, African, Latin, R&B, Calypso, Indian, Turkish and more. The SanDisk 16GB micro SDHC flash memory card allows me to put in excess of 2400 songs on one card. I've got a card for just about every genre of music. Honestly, that's enough music to last me six months.

With more and more TV sets, tablet computers, car stereos, Internet radios and DVD players coming standard with USB ports, it's easy to copy and store a ton of music on a micro SDHC card, and access your music on your car stereo, set top or night stand device. The portability of these cards - compared to CD's and even DVD's make the decision a no brainer. Discs are just too bulky and cumbersome compared to micro flash memory cards. CD's pouches hooked onto the sun visor is so old school!

I highly recommend the SanDisk 16GB micro SDHC flash memory card to anyone who values portability. They are perfect for listening to music in the car, on the TV, on a tablet computer or over your favorite Internet appliance.