|Hard Drive||64 GB Portable|
|Wireless Type||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
SanDisk Connect 64GB Wireless Media Drive For Smartphones And Tablets - SDWS1-064G-A57
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Share multimedia files across iPad, iPhone, Kindle or Android via Wi-Fi with SanDisk free app or web browser
- Stream HD videos up to 5 devices simultaneously; max 8 connections when accessing other data
- 64G built in Flash storage, streaming up to 8 hours on a single charge
- Expandable SDHC/SDXC memory card slot for instant viewing of your camera's card & extra storage
- An instant on the go storage in pocket-sized & stylish design
- Optional Wi-Fi password protection for your personal data security
- Compatible with iOS 5.0 or later, Android 2.3 or later via SanDisk free app, or Wi-Fi-enabled devices with a web browser
- USB 2.0 port for connection to your computer or charger; AC adapter and cable included
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
SanDisk Connect 32 GB wireless media drive for smartphones and tablets
Stream and store HD content on-the-go without the Internet
The SanDisk Connect wireless media drive is the perfect entertainment companion for your mobile devices. Enjoy high-definition movies, photos and music on-the-go, all without an internet connection.
Instantly increase mobile device storage for more videos, photos, music and documents.
Connect wirelessly from your mobile device, move files to the media drive and easily free up space on your mobile device.
Easily share high quality photos from your camera with the SD card slot
Use the SD card slot (3) on the Media Drive to easily share and download photos directly from your camera - no need for a computer. Swap out memory cards for extra storage capacity.
- Instantly expand storage on your mobile device for more videos, photos, music and apps
- Wirelessly stream up to 5 different HD movies (1) on-the-go without the internet
- Enjoy up to 8 hours of continuous streaming on one charge (2)
- Simultaneously connect up to 8 devices
- Get extra storage with expandable SD memory card slot (3) and instantly view photos from your camera on your mobile device
- Works with iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire and Android devices, PC and Mac computers
- No accessories, cables, or Internet access needed
- Available capacities: 32 GB and 64 GB (4)
Stay connected to your HD content, no internet required
Access your media wirelessly and enjoy continuous streaming for up to eight hours on a single charge (2). Connect up to eight devices wirelessly. You can also have five simultaneous HD video streams.
Take all your content and stay entertained on-the-go
Free-up memory on your mobile device by moving photos and videos to the Media Drive. Add more movies to the drive and take them with you on-the-go.
Share photos directly from your camera
Share those awesome vacation pictures you just took on your digital camera with the family: no need to wait to get back home to re-experience those photos on a big screen - all you need is the SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive and your mobile device. Simply take the SD card out of your camera, insert it into the Media Drive SDHC/ SDXC memory card slot to view those photos on your mobile device, wirelessly.
Works with your favorite devices
Works with iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire and Android devices and PC and Mac computers. Optimized to work with the SanDisk Connect Media Drive app.
Stylish pocket-sized drive that packs a punch
Designed to fit in your pocket at a compact 2.6 inch length x 2.6 inch width x .52 inch height.
(1) Some DRM-protected content cannot be streamed. Check with the content provider for playback restrictions.
(2) Based on streaming 720p content at 2mbps to one device; actual life and performance may vary depending upon usage and settings; battery not replaceable.
(3) Card not included; sold separately
(4) 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage less.
1. How can I free up memory space on my iPhone or Android phone using this product?
Many smartphone users take lots of photos and videos on their phones and often run out of memory. SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive solves this problem by allowing the user to offload these photos and videos from their phone to the drive wirelessly using the free Wireless Media Drive mobile app. The app allows you to view photos and videos from your camera roll or gallery and upload them directly to the drive, wirelessly. You don't have to look for a computer or cable to connect and transfer. You don't even need an internet connection to offload and to free up space on your phone.
2. Can I stream purchased movies from iTunes?
The Wireless Media Drive app supports playback of iTunes purchased movies and TV shows on user authorized devices running iOS 6, 7. (not available in iOS 8 and above). Simply drag and drop the movie file from your computer to the drive. Then, launch the app on your iPhone or iPad, click on videos and start streaming right away. Note: In order to watch content purchased from iTunes, the same iTunes account that you used for the purchase must also be synched to the device that you are using to watch it. Please note that not all content can be streamed due to digital rights management protection. Always check with the content provider for playback restrictions.
3. Can I stream music purchased from iTunes or Amazon from the drive?
Yes, you can. The Wireless Media Drive supports music files purchased from iTunes (DRM free) or Amazon. Drag and drop the music files from your computer to the drive. Then, launch the app and go to the Music category. The app automatically categorizes your music by artist, album, genre, songs etc. You can even create and manage your own playlist. Please note that not all content can be streamed due to digital rights management protection. Always check with the content provider for playback restrictions.
4. Can I access photos from the SD card on my DSLR camera and post it instantly on Facebook?
Yes you can. One of the unique features of the Wireless Media Drive is the SD card slot that allows you to pop-in an SD card from your DSLR camera and view or share those high-res pictures instantly. Once the SD card is popped in, launch the app and view photos and videos from the SD card instantly. If you are connected to the Internet, then you can select a photo and post it on Facebook immediately using the app - no need for a computer or camera cable.
5. Can I access the Drive wirelessly from my computer and transfer photos to it?
Yes, you can. You can access the Wireless Media Drive from your computer using one of the popular web browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari). Connect the drive's Wi Fi network from your computer and then type in mediadrive.sandisk.com from your favorite web browser. Now you can access, transfer, stream wirelessly from the drive on your computer.
6. What types of mobile devices are compatible with SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive?
SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive supports mobile devices running iOS version 6.0 or higher, or Android version 2.3 or higher. PC system requirements are: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Mac OS 10.5.x+, or later.
7. Can I stream iTunes purchased movies and music?
Yes. However, some DRM protected content such as iTunes rented content, and Kindle purchased or rented content may not stream. iOS8 will not play purchased or rented video content.
The SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive provides an easy way to wirelessly store and stream your favorite high-definition movies, videos, and music on up to 8 tablet and smartphone connections–including 5 different HD movies simultaneously. This pocket-sized device is designed for convenience and portability, allowing you to enjoy the freedom without Internet connections, cables, or connectors; plus, up to 8 continuous streaming hours on a single charge. The Wireless Media Drive is the perfect companion for road warriors or parents who need to keep their kids' movies and videos ready to go. The added SDHC /SDXC slot allows you to store or share more of your content or high-quality photos for instant viewing from your camera's memory card. 1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage less. Based on streaming 720p content at 2mbps to one device; actual life and performance may vary depending upon usage and settings; battery not replaceable. HD (1280x720) video support may vary based on host device, file attributes and other factors. SD Card sold separately. See system requirements.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The app is rather simple and a bit clunky (I wish the lettering on the files was smaller so I could see the longer names of some offerings), but it works.
1) The memory (in this version, 64GB) comes in the form of a microSD card that you can easily access and replace. That means that, regardless of the memory capacity of the version you buy, you can always expand the capacity.
2) The device supports WPA2 encrypted connections.
3) Mobile users can access files on the device while ALSO connecting to the Internet. (This doesn't appear to be possible for PC and Mac users, however.)
4) The device is just slightly bigger than a standard, vanilla USB flash memory stick, which is really astonishing to me because it contains a) the microSD card, b) a Wi-Fi adapter, c) a simple processor to run everything, and d) a rechargeable battery.
Overall, it is a very handy device. In my case, I use it in small classrooms for file-sharing when the Internet connection drops or the power cuts out, but obviously it would be useful for families on vacation (when parents want to control -- or at least try to control the shared media library), and for small work teams on the road that want to share documents, but either don't have an Internet connection or don't want to post their material to the Web.
Why not 5 stars? Well, just the (minor) frustration that PC users can't connect to the Internet while simultaneously accessing files on the device via a Wi-Fi connection. I had thought this ability was available to all users. I'm sure that the next generation, in addition to being a faster device, will also add this functionality -- and I'll probably upgrade to it when that happens.
Finally, I happen upon this while looking at sandisk SD cards. I think....too good to be true. A mini router that can stream 5 movies at the same time and hold 64gb of data? Plus 64Gb more expansion? No way. I dove in to try.
Bottom line? Loaded up all 64GB with movies and put in another 64GB SD that it recognized no issue. Loaded the sandisk app on all the iPads, iPhones, and kindle fires. Jumped in the van and turned it on. Not one peep from 5/6 kids for the whole trip. (The 6th is only 1 though). Works like a charm. Period. Love it.
Battery lasts a long time too...5-6hrs maybe? I had it on for 3+ with 45% remaining. If needed, you can just plug it in though with microusb to car power.
We have yet to get music on here to play, we have only tried a couple times.
We have had 4 people connected to this device watching 3 different movies, 1 of the movie's 2 people were watching the same movie on different devices with no lag. I am not sure of the signal strength. We used it on a plane and our oldest was at least 10 feet away, with no problems
There are different GB sizes of SanDisk you can buy and different levels of the number of connectable devices ex: 5 devices, 10 devices etc.