Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDCZ50-032G-AFFP
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Size: 32 GB|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on April 28, 2011
I've had mine for years now, not purchased through Amazon but I thought I'd give my two bits here after reading some of the reviews (please read my other reviews on some other flash drives to get somewhat of an idea if you're curious).
Here's, boiled down to a very generic level, what you really need in one of these things;
Store and transfer your stuff
Remain dependable

ANY of these drives could stop working at the drop of a hat, that's just the world we live in. Buyer beware on absolutely everything, all the time. Maybe in the 50's it was different, but we ain't in the 50's no more.

So bottom line here, this drive is small, tough and slow. I have done nothing but use this thing almost every day for music and movies at home and in cars. I have not babied it in anyway and it rattles around in my front pocket with change and whatever else might be in there. It's been dropped God knows how many times, through the wash a few times and left out in the sun to dry off after finding it in my shorts getting out of a pool. I think I've just explained my experiences about its toughness and durability.
It has no problem playing HD movies or FLAC files in real time, so say what you will about how slow download times are, and they are, but it's never had a problem keeping up reading those files. EVER.
So if you can find something to do while your info is loading on to the drive, maybe read and finish a Stephen King novel, re-enact the Civil War or build a mini Vatican City out of popsicle sticks, then hopefully you'll have the same luck I have with this thing. There really isn't a smaller device (HP v165w, but that thing heats up big time and HAS trouble with HD movies) for the capacity and the price. Seriously.
33 comments| 231 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2010
Overall, this USB flash drive is an OK product. Like a previous user has said, it is a bit slow writing, but has decent read speeds. I'm not sure what happened to SanDisk's flash drives but a lot of people are experiencing slow speeds across various SanDisk flash drives.

Pros:
+ Small
+ No cap to lose
+ Decent read speeds (~16MB/s)
+ No software pre-installed

Cons:
- Slow write speeds (~4MB/s)
- No LED
22 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2010
I purchased this drive to serve as a USB stick on my XBox 360, replacing an older SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive SDCZ6-4096-A11. The first thing I noticed was that everything took much longer to load and any game that had an auto-save feature was basically unplayable during the save. So after some more testing on a real computer, I found this drive to perform at about half the read/write speed of my previous drive (avg of only about 5MB/sec both ways I believe).

A complete waste of money honestly for what I intended to use it for. The look is really awesome, however, if that is all you are going for.
66 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2011
This is a very small flash drive:

1 5/8 inches long x 11/16 inches wide x 5/16 inches high

This small size allows these drives to be placed side by side, even when the USB ports are very close together. The small size also means that it is just that much easier to lose (or be stolen). At the back of it there is a hole that will allow you to connect it to a string or a strap.

A big drawback for me is the absence of an LED. Without this LED, you will not be sure when it is active, You will get no direct feedback from this Flash drive.

The manufacturer has deliberately omitted the read and write speeds of this drive. That is because they know that it can be a slow poke at times.

In making your purchasing decision, these are the key issues:

- Price (not the cheapest)
- Size (the smallest, but no LED)
- Speed (pretty slow)
on September 3, 2010
It's quite small, but really slow.
On sequential write, the speed slowly goes up from 55k/s to 4.8M/s over the course of 1GB.
On small files, the write speed is even worse, it stays below 3M/s all the time.
This is incredibly slow for a modern usb stick.
Read is fine at about 20 M/s.
44 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2010
This is a nice size for a drive, quite small. Like many other small drives though, this one is a good bit slower than the better drives out there:

---------------- Averages for "NO NAME" (2GB/4MB, 5 iterations) ----------------
Iteration 1, 4.5 Write MB/sec, 19.8 Read MB/sec

Fastest 4.53 Write MB/sec, 20.9 Read MB/sec
Average 4.47 Write MB/sec, 20.5 Read MB/sec
Median 4.46 Write MB/sec, 20.5 Read MB/sec
Range 0.10 Write MB/sec, 1.08 Read MB/sec

(Just for comparison, the Patriot Xporter XT, another drive I reviewed recently, has writes of ~11MB/sec and reads of ~36MB/sec, so this drive is roughly half of one of the faster drives out there.)

Anyway, cheap, small, and slow. But all in all not bad if (cheap + small) > fast.
on August 20, 2014
I purchased this USB flash drive for musical purposes in my car. So far so good! Very easy to install in the car's USB. Sometimes it can be tricky to install small flash drive in the car because of the size. This particular flash drive just excellent for my needs. No harm for my manicure while I try to plug in or plug out. Nice size, great speed.
review image review image review image
on June 15, 2012
I had no issues whatsoever getting my laptop to recognize this flash drive. I bought this product to store important files such as my resumes and tax returns. If you are considering buying this product to store videos or files that are 1 GB or more, I would advise against getting this product because the transfer speed is around 5-7 MB a second on average. This is definitely good for any college student or anyone for that matter who wants to save basic KB or small MB documents (25-50 MB and under) such as music files, word documents or pdf files. Don't expect to transfer long video clips onto this flash drive without experiencing slow transfer speeds.

It is about 1/2 the size of a pinky and around the size of a paper clip. If you are going to buy, I'd also recommend getting a usb drive cover to protect this, because it is very easy to lose. In my case, this drive does the job and does it well.
review image review image review image
on July 24, 2010
I just wanted to quickly say that this device has a cool design. It appears to be two very solid pieces of plastic, lacking the typical metal part that you'd insert into the USB port. As a result, it's very light. I like the colors. I do wish that it had some kind of LED light indicator, but not a big deal.

I DO recommend to people who use this to reformat it prior to use. I tried to use this in my car, and it was unrecognized, despite being FAT32. I reformatted the entire disk to FAT32, and then it worked without a problem.

Be warned that this device is so small and light, that you definitely run the risk of losing it in your bag or pockets. I highly recommend attaching something to the lanyard slot.
on November 21, 2010
I forgot to take this little flash drive out of my jeans pocket before doing the laundry. After a two hour wash cycle, it still works!
44 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse