- Brand Name: SanDisk
- Model Number: SDCZ36-004G-A11
- Memory Storage Capacity: 4 GB
- Hardware Platform: Mac
SanDisk Cruzer 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive SDCZ36-004G-A11
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Take it all with you - on reliable USB flash drives
- Transfer with confidence - when moving images and other files from computer to computer or other consumer electronic devices
- Ideal for video - the easy way to store, share and play your favorite video files
- Trust the minds behind flash memory to keep your files safe and secure with a two-year limited** warranty
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS 10+ and Linux; Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port required for high speed transfer
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
|Innovative capless design exposes the USB connector via a convenient slider. View larger.|
|The SanDisk® Cruzer® USB Flash drive is a fast and reliable flash storage device for Windows® XP, Windows® Vista®, Mac OS® 10+ and Linux machines.|
With USB ports on computers, to new ports popping up on cars, DVD players, TVs, photo frames, and more, the need for a fast and reliable way to share your digital content on a moment's notice is greater than ever.
The SanDisk® Cruzer® USB Flash drive meets that need. This reliable flash drive fits in the palm of your hand and gives you the storage capacity you need to store and transfer up to 4 GB of data.
While the drive is optimized for laptops and devices with USB 2.0 port, it is backwards compatible with older devices that have USB 1.1 ports, so you can be assured of near universal compatibility.
View Videos Without Extra Software or Setup
With the SanDisk Cruzer USB Flash drive, you can transfer your favorite video from one device to another easily and conveniently, without any additional software or setup. The drive offers drag-and-drop convenience, which means you can simply drag the files from your device onto your SanDisk Cruzer Flash drive, or vice versa, without any steps.
Transferring video files from computer to computer, or from your drive to a USB-enabled DVD player, is incredibly simple. Drag your video files from your PC to your USB flash drive and then plug the drive into your DVD player -- or even your USB-enabled TV -- and sit back to enjoy the show.
Smart, Stylish Design for Ease of Use
With a capless design that exposes the USB connector via a convenient slider, the SanDisk Cruzer USB Flash drive looks just as great as it performs.
When you plug the SanDisk Cruzer USB Flash drive into your USB-enabled device, a glowing, amber-colored LED alerts you that the drives are ready for reading or writing data. This LED rapidly pulses when data is being transferred, and it slows down when the drives are idle, giving you a clear indication of the disk's activity.
The SanDisk Cruzer USB Flash drive is compatible as a flash storage device with Windows® XP, Windows® Vista®, Mac OS 10+ and Linux machines.
The drive is backed by a limited two-year warranty.
SanDisk Corporation, a Silicon Valley-based S&P 500 company, is the world's largest supplier of flash storage cards. It is a global leader in flash memory cards cards--from research, manufacturing, and product design to consumer branding and retail distribution. SanDisk holds more than 860 U.S. patents, more than 550 foreign patents, and it is the only company that has worldwide rights to both manufacture and sell top flash card formats including SD, microSD, miniSD, CompactFlash, MultiMediaCard, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick PRO, and related Memory Stick micro card products.
SanDisk's product portfolio includes flash memory cards for mobile phones; digital cameras and camcorders; digital audio/video players; USB flash drives; embedded memory for mobile devices; and solid-state drives for computers.
What's in the Box
SanDisk Cruzer USB Flash drive (4 GB)
Top Customer Reviews
* If all you want is the best possible price on a USB flash drive, this is perfect for you. It performs and you can't beat the price per unit of storage (note, however, that WalMart currently carries them for cheaper).
* As others note, there is no way to connect it to a keychain, even though there is a metal post where a metal ring SHOULD be. If you're really desperate and broke, I suppose you could fashion something from a paper clip, but it likely would not be secure.
* Yes, the drive is very flimsy feeling, and I'm not 100% sure I'd even want it banging around next to my keys anyway. I'd also be very wary of it getting wet, because I've actually taken mine apart (trying to get a damn key ring on there without any success) and there's absolutely NOTHING between the tiny circuit board and the elements except the little plastic slider, which as you might imagine would probably not even prevent a fine mist from getting through, let alone a brief exposure to rain as you try to unlock your car (but this wont be an issue because you can't get it on your keychain anyway, remember?).
* Yes, the U3 software can be annoying, but some people might actually like/want to use it. It depends on your intentions, and on whether or not you're able to get it off of there (haven't tried yet, so I can't comment).
* Personally, I had some issues getting it to connect on my computer at first. This COULD have to do with my system/USB ports, but I tried it on multiple ports including the same ports I regularly connect my iPod to, so it very well could be something with the drive.
So, the math is easy.Read more ›
I have no need for Sandisks U3 software, so I reformatted the drive. After that, I installed Fedora Live so I can boot from the drive directly into linux. Its the fastest/easiest way to boot into Linux for my needs (student, learning Linux of course). I even had 1GB space left over that's on its own partition that's still FAT32 (the only format recognized by Xbox360). It works marvelously- and then I disconnect the drive and my computer (or any computer) boots into its normal OS.
My one complaint is the physical design of the keyring/lanyard slot/loop. The drive does not include a lanyard or mini-key ring, and the part is SO small that you can't simply attach a normal key ring. Pretty minor, but its something that could have been avoided with a more sensible design.
The slide works quite smoothly, locks in the extended position firmly and only requires mild pressure to unlock and retract.
The slide lights amber when the USB flash is in use and is easy to see in a well lighted room.
The flash drive is small, light weight, and comfortable to carry in the pocket thanks to the rounded edges of the drive.
The flash drive can be attached to a key chain by adding a 1/4" ring to the slot on bottom of the flash drive. No ring is supplied.
I have had no read/write problems with the flash drive or any other problems.
When I started using this new drive, I noticed it did not "feel" as fast as my previous generation drive when copying either large or small files. I ran a few tests using a utility called Chkflsh, and imagine my surprise when multiple tests showed that its transfer rates were significantly lower than my old Cruzer.
Previous Generation Cruzer 4GB (SDCZ6-4096RB) - Read 26.24 MB/s - Write 6.71 MB/s
This generation Cruzer 4GB (SDCZ36-004G) - Read 16.86 MB/s - Write 4.40 MB/s
I realize that, for most people, these differences are not significant, but I wanted to make sure that anyone looking for a direct replacement of a previous generation did not purchase this one and expect the same speed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this flash drive. It has a lot of room and computers never have trouble recognizing it.Published 10 months ago by Julius Coxswain
Sandisk product is reliable as usual! This older model has a flashing light and is easy to use.Published 14 months ago by ICBB Shopper
It works alright. However, I bought it specifically for the redesigned metal keyring loop. I lost my old Cruzer Glide because the all plastic keyring wore out and broke. Read morePublished 16 months ago by claaay