Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Capacity: 256GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(Capacity: 256GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging). See all 2,394 reviews
on March 7, 2017
I've got 7 of these Cruzer Glides lying around my office, but only 2 are the $50, 256 GB ones. They've all been great so far, but wouldn't you know it, one of the $50 flash drives is the first to fail; it was also the newest at only 75 days! No big deal on my data end - I'm backed up, but really, a 14% failure rate? Hard to give maximum stars regardless of warranties or returns.
on March 5, 2017
What a deal !
Fast enough for data storage and backups.
For a little more $$ there is a USB 3.0 version.

Comes with secure access vault software for password protecting your files if lost.
on February 27, 2017
The transfer speed is not great. There are plenty of reviews on here that will show you actual numbers. It starts off strong so it may be great for small files on at a time.

On the other hand the price was pretty cheap.
on October 11, 2016
OK, why does anyone need a flash drive as large as this one is? Because it's there!

Supporting encryption, USB 3.0, and downwardly compatible with earlier USB versions. This drive is fast, making it possible to keep up with your backup workload.
on February 13, 2017
I bought the 256GB version. I'm getting 3.5MB/s write. Makes using such a large drive pointless as it would take many many hours to copy your data to.

Update
It took 18.5 hours to copy my files over and completely fill this drive. Painful.
on February 1, 2017
This is an outstanding product and I highly recommend it.
on December 16, 2016
I have a Dell xps with usb 3.0 and transferring files over 500mb start fast but drop to under 10mg/sec, then the transfer hangs for while before finally finishing. I can live with it because of the price but it is an annoyance.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2017
Got for long-term storage of things like photos, other "irreplaceables." Don't know how it'll hold up over time, but solid state memory like this seems to hold up better than devices like external hard drives, based on reviews I've read here and elsewhere.
on February 8, 2017
it was a good purchase
on December 2, 2016
I've ordered quite a few of these this year and I have to say that my experiences aren't exactly consistent. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very happy with the product! It's the best value (price wise) on the market for these larger capacity flash drives. BUT, read and write speeds DO differ from drive to drive. {By the way, these actually have 231GB of space on them, and NOT 256GB.} My guess for the different speeds is that they're being manufactured at different facilities and their manufacturing standards vary from facility to facility. I wouldn't let it worry you too much, though. They're still good drives. You could pay 20% more for PNY and get perfect consistency (I use a lot of that brand too) but, 95% of users would prefer the $10 savings over the slightly better speeds anyways! My suggestion is to go with this one unless you're one of the few who really need super fast speeds and don't mind paying extra for it.