Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,218 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,469 reviews
on March 23, 2012
I just received the card today, so not a lot of time logged... But it is smokin' fast! I had some issues recording 1080/30fps on my D5100 with previous PNY Professional card. Several tests with HD video and consecutive still frame bursts never even hiccuped! I'm 99.4% sure this is going to cure all of the past woes. (The PNY is now relegated to my sweet new Samsung TL500. No HD video on it, so No worries!)

What I wanted to point out to those looking is that this IS the latest 45MB/s SDHC Extreme 16GB card. AND it's at the same or better price as others selling the previous models!

Maybe I'm the only one that's confused about the different versions of the SanDisk SDHC cards. But I searched and searched trying to make sure I was getting the latest card instead of overpaying for old stock. I even contacted SanDisk, and their customer support didn't even know that the Extreme is now 45MB/s! They actually told me that I would have to buy the (now outdated and overpriced) SDSDXP1-016G to get 45MB/s. I researched this for a couple of evenings, and still knew enough to explain to SanDisk that the SDSDXPA-016G is the new version of what they told me to buy, and it's now 95MB/s for the same price!

So here's the breakdown of what I found as of 3/22/12:

Lower price Extreme SDHC:
SDSDRX3-016G - 30MB/s - OLD
SDSDX-016G - 45MB/s - CURRENT (Apparently Brand New)

Higher price Extreme Pro SDHC:
SDSDXP1-016G - 45MB/s - OLD
SDSDXPA-016G - 95MB/s - CURRENT

The cards are all about the same price if you buy the same classification and GB size. (A 16GB Extreme is going to be twenty-five to thirty bucks regardless if it's 20MB/s, 30MB/s, or 45MB/s.)

I don't know if you really need this Extreme card vs. Ultra or Extreme Pro. You can determine that... But don't Overpay for the same performance! Be sure you Get the Latest Version of whichever you choose.
1818 comments| 511 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2011
The speed of this card may be overkill for standard shooting/filming. However, I use Magic Lantern on my 60D, which is a firmware modification that runs off of the SD card. I noticed that my Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS32GSDHC10E had a hard time keeping up with some of the functions of the additional software. I decided to give the faster card a try, and the functions (such as magic zoom and focus peaking) work much better now.

Of course, pulling pictures and video off the card is also quicker than with the Transcend. Although both cards are "Class 10," the SanDisk is 50% faster than the Transcend.
1717 comments| 485 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2015
Great card, but be sure you buy from an authorized SanDisk seller, such as directly from Amazon.com. The list of SanDisk authorized sellers can be found on SanDisk's website. I purchased (6) of these cards from a 3rd party seller here through Amazon, the seller I will not disclose, but instead I suggest you buy from only an authorized SanDisk seller.

Here are the qualities of my fake cards:
- First, when in doubt, call SanDisk. They have a toll free # to call to verify your cards.
- The cards are marked with "Made In Taiwan", while the packaging says "Made In China"
- The serial numbers are not where SanDisk's serial numbers usually are (per http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12703/~/product-code-and-serial-numbers-location#sd)
- The sticker is highly reflective, much more than cards I purchased directly from Amazon.com
- The back has a lot more writing on it than shown on SanDisk website
- The lock slider is yellow, versus grey from the authentic cards
- One of the cards failed on the 2nd attempt of using it
- The plastic case the cards came in is much lower quality than SanDisk
- The packaging says SDXC while this item listed on Amazon is for SDHC
- The cards say 60 MB/s while the packaging says 45 MB/s
on May 15, 2012
This is my second SanDisk Extreme 32GB SDHC UHS-1 card. First card (SDSDXR3-032G-A21) is the 30MB/Sec card that says HD Video on the label. This new card (SDSDX-032G-X46) is the 45MB/Sec product replacement for this class. Using a card reader that is USB 3.0 and UHS-1 capable, CrystalDiskMark was run for 50MB, 100MB, 500MB, 1000MB, 2000MB, and 4000MB loads. The sequential read and write were very consistent for this card, 45MB/sec and 43MB/sec respectively for reading and writing. Retesting the -A21 card showed consistent rate of 45MB/sec and 34MB/sec for reading and writing. It appears the new and improved SanDisk Extreme card writes about 25% faster.

Isn't it all about the writing speed?

Class 10 mandates a minimum sustained rate of 10MB/sec read/write speed. UHS is an enhancement to original SD specification in the SDA 3.0 specification for SDHC and SDXC. UHS-1 is also a 10MB/sec minimum sustained specification. UHS is a faster bus for moving data. There is UHS-50 and UHS-104 for 50MB/sec and 104MB/sec, devices are not there yet. UHS-1 is backward compatible with SDHC. Beware of SDXC, if your device does not explicitly support the extended capacity card, this will not work for you.

If your camera supports UHS-1 and takes advantage of higher write speed, you can take big pictures and be ready to take another - quicker. 25% quicker than the previous version of Extreme UHS-1 SDHC card from SanDisk. 32GB will store over 4300 pictures for me at highest resolution, or at lowest resolution - over 48,000 pictures. Don't forget to backup, that's a lifetime or two worth of images.
on February 13, 2014
I like these a lot, and they definitely beat out non UHS-1 cards by a lot in terms of speed. Sandisk has also been a very reliable brand for me in terms of data integrity.

The read speed matters if you have a USB3.0 reader, it won't matter much if you don't.

The write speed is determined by the class-1 destinction of UHS-1. This is the speed you need for 1080p video BUT, supposedly some Sony cameras prefer a 15MB/s minimum write speed. class-1 (This one) is only 10MB/s. I haven't tested but in my NEX-6 anyway this card works fine. In my NEX-5R, I have had some overheating issues that -may- be related to the write speed, not sure.

Until class-3 cards become available (minimum write speed is 30MB/s if I recall correctly), which are for 4K video writing, this is about as good as it gets.

Note that a higher speed where it says 45MB/s* or 90MB/s has to do with READ speed and it's a MAXIMUM value. It has nothing to do with write speed (that's the 1 inside the little U). Write speed is what matters if you're trying to speed up fps on your DSLR or trying to get better write performance for some other device.

GL
on September 27, 2013
I bought this card because the card that Amazon recommends you buy if you buy a Nikon D5100 from them is the Transcend Class 10 memory card. Well when using the Transcend card in my camera everything was fine, UNLESS I tried to use auto-focus in P,S, A, or M modes then it would just try to focus all the way one way then all the way back and never lock in. So I called Nikon Tech Support thinking my new camera was broke. They asked which brand of memory card I'm using, I said "Transcend, that's what Amazon recommends". They said "That's not an approved brand of memory card. You need to get an approved brand of memory card and call us back if that doesn't resolve the issue". Well I have worked many years in computer tech support and I'm used to company's pointing the finger at another company's product if they can feasibly tell you the other product is what is causing their product not to work properly. So I (unfairly as it turned out) told Nikon they didn't know what they were talking about and were just pointing their finger at the only thing that was not made by Nikon.

So, then I grudgingly ordered this Sandisk Extreme memory card, having very little faith that it would solve my problem. Well I'll be damned if it didn't resolve my focusing issue! Nikon was RIGHT! So, if you own a Nikon DSLR, save yourself some frustrations and buy an approved brand of memory card and don't take any chances. I'm keeping my Transcend card as a backup because it works as long as I don't use one of those 4 modes, even then I can use it if I manually focus. I mean it stores the pictures fine but it somehow interferes with the electronics in the camera's auto-focusing circuitry.

So the bottom line, at least for my needs, is this: The Sandisk Extreme gets 5 stars. The Transcend gets 3 stars.
Hopefully I've saved someone from buying the wrong card.

And for the record, the Nikon approved brands of memory card (at least for my D5100) are: Sandisk, Toshiba, Panasonic and Lexar Media.
on January 3, 2014
I have several of these already so when I received this SanDisk SD Card, I knew something was not right. It's not even close to the pictured product. This had an all gold sticker. The information was correct but moved all around in different spots. I flipped the card over & it was clear that this is not even the same manufacture. My other SanDisk's have a semi-transparent back with an engraved "SanDisk" on it. This new one is opaque & says nothing. I'm returning for a refund & will buy an authentic from B&H instead.
on January 17, 2016
I bought this for my digital camera. I had previously been using a 2GB card, but with HD pictures you can chew threw those pretty quickly if you are constantly snapping like we do. Having kids really makes a larger card very important. I went with SanDisk because of the reliability and speed of the Extreme brand and it held up exactly as I would have expected.

I didn't actually benchmark the speed, so I can't say for sure what the read/write speeds are, but they don't seem to be slow by any means. I've never noticed a slowdown because of the card. After I bought a DSLR I pulled this card out of my point and shoot and started using it in the DSLR. 8GB is a good size for this, but I would recommend a couple of cards. The reason for that is you don't want to take a lot of pictures at an event and then have it go bad for some reason, and lose everything. So switching cards from time to time is good to partially limit the loss if you were to have one.

That may be irrelevant though, because this card has never failed on me and I've never faced a loss. I've owned a lot of generic brand cards over the years, and just "feel" like this card would write faster to my computer.
on January 20, 2014
Purchased this SD card to add more space for my Raspberry Pi computer to work as a file share on my home network. It came preformatted with exFAT which the Raspberry Pi would not work with. I used my Lenovo Laptop to partition the card to 32 GB and then formatted the partition to FAT32. This left half of the card unused. Then I copied the the new out of the box (NOOBS) load onto the SD, and inserted it into the Pi. The Raspberry Pi recognized the card; saw that there was unused space and expanded the partition to 64GB; and proceeded with the NOOBS load procedure. The result was a Raspian Wheezy load that uses the full 64 GB on the memory card. Sorry to those looking for a card for their camera. This card works great for me.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 29, 2013
I was initially impressed with the speed, it was exactly what I needed for my Canon T3i while all of my other SD cards were simply too slow to keep up with the Burst speeds and Video from my SLR.

Within 3 months the plastic started cracking, the top corner broke off and I had to repair it in order to recover the files on the card (the top corner is responsible for telling the card reader that the card has been inserted). Over the next few months, the case began to split down the middle and it's having a lot of trouble being recognized by my cameras and card readers. Many of the card readers detect that the card is write-protected when it's not. The case is just disintegrating on me, and put up against about 3-4 other SD cards that I use often, it is the only one of the bunch that has shown so much wear.

Sandisk doesn't seem to believe it is a counterfeit, but they are claiming that I abused it, because moving a card from a camera to a card reader and back counts as abuse......Oh well, just ordered a Samsung 80MB/s 64GB.