Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,346 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,424 reviews
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 29, 2013
I was initially impressed with the speed, it was exactly what I needed for my Canon T3i while all of my other SD cards were simply too slow to keep up with the Burst speeds and Video from my SLR.

Within 3 months the plastic started cracking, the top corner broke off and I had to repair it in order to recover the files on the card (the top corner is responsible for telling the card reader that the card has been inserted). Over the next few months, the case began to split down the middle and it's having a lot of trouble being recognized by my cameras and card readers. Many of the card readers detect that the card is write-protected when it's not. The case is just disintegrating on me, and put up against about 3-4 other SD cards that I use often, it is the only one of the bunch that has shown so much wear.

Sandisk doesn't seem to believe it is a counterfeit, but they are claiming that I abused it, because moving a card from a camera to a card reader and back counts as abuse......Oh well, just ordered a Samsung 80MB/s 64GB.
on March 7, 2013
Bought the retail version of this card. It came factory sealed. This thing is lightning fast! For all the users that claim they have received fakes, be sure to test your card using a modern SD card reader/writer. I own two. an older USB2 card reader that read this card substantially slower than my new USB3 card reader.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 4.731 MB/s [ 1155.0 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.741 MB/s [ 180.8 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 5.231 MB/s [ 1277.2 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.841 MB/s [ 205.2 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [J: 0.0% (0.0/29.7 GB)] (x1)
Date : 2013/03/07 18:48:26
OS : Windows 8 [6.2 Build 9200] (x64)
on February 13, 2014
I like these a lot, and they definitely beat out non UHS-1 cards by a lot in terms of speed. Sandisk has also been a very reliable brand for me in terms of data integrity.

The read speed matters if you have a USB3.0 reader, it won't matter much if you don't.

The write speed is determined by the class-1 destinction of UHS-1. This is the speed you need for 1080p video BUT, supposedly some Sony cameras prefer a 15MB/s minimum write speed. class-1 (This one) is only 10MB/s. I haven't tested but in my NEX-6 anyway this card works fine. In my NEX-5R, I have had some overheating issues that -may- be related to the write speed, not sure.

Until class-3 cards become available (minimum write speed is 30MB/s if I recall correctly), which are for 4K video writing, this is about as good as it gets.

Note that a higher speed where it says 45MB/s* or 90MB/s has to do with READ speed and it's a MAXIMUM value. It has nothing to do with write speed (that's the 1 inside the little U). Write speed is what matters if you're trying to speed up fps on your DSLR or trying to get better write performance for some other device.

GL
on August 1, 2014
I bought this card as a replacement of my dead sandisk extreme. The old one (sandisk extreme 16 gb 45mb/s) was bought 5 years ago and it had been used heavily (almost on daily basis and occsionally under extreme weather conditions) until it suddenly died a few days ago.

Although I was a bit upset since I lost some data with the dead SD card, I still wanted to stick on the same brand and model due to its great overall performance under challenging conditions. Basically, sandisk is among a handful of companies that are famous for the storage devices and that was the driving factor behind this purchase.

It came in a frustration free package and the labeling was strikingly different from what is shown on the amazon product page. That picture looks like my old sandisk. This one came with a golden colored tag instead of this red-black classical tag. Another surprising part was the lack of sandisk imprint at the back. It only says' made in China' and a serial number and that does not help much at all..

After a bit of google search I found out that many people receive fake (imitation) storage devices and Sandisk website does not posses a handy mechanism to distinguish the fake from the genuine one. The only recommendation is to buy it from an authorized vendor and a list is given for each country. Luckily, Amazon is among the authorized vendors and if you are buying the product directly from amazon (not a third party seller of the amazon market place) you are doing the best and the only thing you can for getting a genuine device.

During my internet search, I found out a highly praised software called H2testw developed by Herald Bögeholz which tests the portable usb devices and memory cards bit by bit against bad sectors and other hardware issues. It also gives write/read speed information (that part you can do by transferring a file between your computer and the sd card and let windows measure the transmission speed for both directions).

The software did not find any damaged sector in the device. The actual storage area for 32gb one is around 30430 mb and it writes with a speed of 38-38.5 mb/sec and reads with a speed of 39.5-40.5 mb/sec. These numbers matched exactly with my own test by transferring two video files. These performance ratings are slightly low compared to the product claim of 45 mb/sec but still pretty close.

Finally, it comes with a 5 year warranty (what a coincidence my old one died exactly five years after the purchase) if you ever remember to file a warranty claim for such a stuff.

As of July 2014, I purchased the 32gb 45mb/sec version directly from amazon for $25. If you can find the same product with a similar price, then it is worth the investment. If not, I would go for other brands like transcend and kingston, this will not live forever anyway
on October 3, 2014
I learned which SD disk would be best for me by reading a Wikipedia article that explained the nature of SD data cards and the nomenclature that would identify the card(s) that met the minimum specifications for my new DSLR camera. The faster cards enable video recording and burst photography, something I always wanted to do. Several cards are "fast enough" and the prices per GB vary as expected.

There is a website showing the results of actual field tests performed by a fellow who had a testing lab available and he took it upon himself to test the latest models, the "hot new cards."

Interestingly, the new high tech cards did not perform any better for photographers than the earlier edition. They may be good for some applications, but not mine. The test results turned me back to purchase THIS card because it had the best performance at the lower price while the cost per gigabyte of storage capacity was lower.

In the field last night, I caught a wonderful Alaskan sunset where the clouds were just right and the light was perfect. I shot hundreds of photos. My card has a huge inventory of sunset photos to choose from and the card has gobs of room left (that's a technical term) and I have ample storage capacity for more if I need it. This card is Ideal for a weekend trip or vacation.

Perhaps this will lead you to conclude this is today's best card type for DSLR cameras. I bought three and there should be no need to replenish my inventory for quite a while.
on January 3, 2014
I have several of these already so when I received this SanDisk SD Card, I knew something was not right. It's not even close to the pictured product. This had an all gold sticker. The information was correct but moved all around in different spots. I flipped the card over & it was clear that this is not even the same manufacture. My other SanDisk's have a semi-transparent back with an engraved "SanDisk" on it. This new one is opaque & says nothing. I'm returning for a refund & will buy an authentic from B&H instead.
on February 9, 2013
Just watch a few Youtube comparisons between the major memory card brands and you'll always see the SanDisk Extreme at the top of the charts.

I used to think that memory cards only mattered for size and that you can just use a usb cable to transfer files to your computer from your camera instead of a memory card reader. After doing research and watching video reviews, I now know the truth: the memory card not only allows you to take faster pictures, but also allows you to film better quality videos with less lag time.

The most important numbers are the Class "10" and the 45MB/s transfer rate. Most cards are class 10 now and you wouldn't want to get anything less because it would be slower. "SD HC" is good for video filming, but pretty much when you get a higher storage capcity the SD classification changes (SD HD>SD HC>SD XC).

I bought this card mainly for filming videos in 1080p with a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 30x Optical Zoom and 3.0-inch LCD (Black) (2012 Model). It seems to work perfectly for now and I have no complaints. This card was four times the price not even a whole year ago. I am glad that technology depreciates in value so fast (well, it is a double-edged sword, really)!

-Ken Flemming
Author, How to Get a Job in Video Games
on November 7, 2013
I stopped being a serious photographer some 15 years ago, but I can tell you that this card is faster than the 16gb Transcend Class 10 it replaces in my camera. The test of time will be its next obstacle. I did not encounter any problems with the Transcend during the 2+ years that I used it. I'm hoping the same will be true of this Sandisk Extreme. I purchased an inexpensive no-name card for my cell phone. It self-destructed in less than a month, so I definitely recommend buying a memory card with a good reputation and warranty. Memory has become so inexpensive that there's really no excuse for purchasing generic memory. On the other hand, you won't lose much if you do aside from perhaps the shot of a lifetime. Contemporary photographers don't have to be as selective in their shot selection as those of us accustomed to 35mm and medium format film cameras. A 24 exposure roll of developed film cost a minimum of $10 twenty years ago. What a godsend digital photography is in that regard.
on December 27, 2012
I ordered the SanDisk Extreme 32GB class 10 SD card instead of a cheaper card from SanDisk (or some other vendor). I expected the premier card from a flagship vendor to work perfectly in the new camera that I bought my son for Christmas. Instead, the card that I received would appear to work, but would produce "Memory Card Error" messages and not store any of the photos we took. The card would format successfully (both normal and "low level" formats), but would not work in the camera or any of my computers. (Yes, they are all SDHC capable.) Fortunately I had a few other 32GB cards (but not class 10) so my son's Christmas was not a total loss. I have bought a lot of SanDisk cards and I have never seen a DOA card until now. I expect that this is just a fluke, or a random quality control problem. Amazon is replacing the defective card and I expect the replacement to be fine.

Edit: I have received a replacement card and it appears to work fine. The transfer rates on the card I received vary between 10MB/S and 20MB/S (depending upon how it is connected to my computer). Surprisingly, the card is faster using an external USB 2.0 (HS) card reader vs. the SDHC slot in my Dell E6400 laptop. Either way, the transfer rates do not approach those that I get with other brands, nor do they approach the advertised speed (45MB/s).

Caveat Emptor!
on October 1, 2013
It doesn't cost much more than the cheap cards, but at ~ 45 MBps (read/write) it is fast enough to keep up almost all the time. This card can take 7MB JPGs at 6 fps pretty much indefinitely and can write two 20MB RAW files per second, easily keeping up with any photography except high speed RAW capture. In order to get a significantly faster card, the price more or less doubles. Thus, I mostly use these, and will only swap them out for my Extreme Pro cards when I am going to be shooting a lot of action. (Also, if you camera is not UHS-I compatible, there's not much point from a picture-taking point of view of getting a card any faster than this, as the camera won't be able to write to it any faster anyway.)

I don't have a lot of video experience, so I can't quantify its performance there except to say that it's fast enough for 1080p in my camera.

In my experience, I've found the actual read speeds to be 42 MBps, but the difference could easily be some sort of measurement error on my part.