Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,874 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,001 reviews
on April 7, 2015
Great card, but be sure you buy from an authorized SanDisk seller, such as directly from Amazon.com. The list of SanDisk authorized sellers can be found on SanDisk's website. I purchased (6) of these cards from a 3rd party seller here through Amazon, the seller I will not disclose, but instead I suggest you buy from only an authorized SanDisk seller.

Here are the qualities of my fake cards:
- First, when in doubt, call SanDisk. They have a toll free # to call to verify your cards.
- The cards are marked with "Made In Taiwan", while the packaging says "Made In China"
- The serial numbers are not where SanDisk's serial numbers usually are (per http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12703/~/product-code-and-serial-numbers-location#sd)
- The sticker is highly reflective, much more than cards I purchased directly from Amazon.com
- The back has a lot more writing on it than shown on SanDisk website
- The lock slider is yellow, versus grey from the authentic cards
- One of the cards failed on the 2nd attempt of using it
- The plastic case the cards came in is much lower quality than SanDisk
- The packaging says SDXC while this item listed on Amazon is for SDHC
- The cards say 60 MB/s while the packaging says 45 MB/s
on May 15, 2012
This is my second SanDisk Extreme 32GB SDHC UHS-1 card. First card (SDSDXR3-032G-A21) is the 30MB/Sec card that says HD Video on the label. This new card (SDSDX-032G-X46) is the 45MB/Sec product replacement for this class. Using a card reader that is USB 3.0 and UHS-1 capable, CrystalDiskMark was run for 50MB, 100MB, 500MB, 1000MB, 2000MB, and 4000MB loads. The sequential read and write were very consistent for this card, 45MB/sec and 43MB/sec respectively for reading and writing. Retesting the -A21 card showed consistent rate of 45MB/sec and 34MB/sec for reading and writing. It appears the new and improved SanDisk Extreme card writes about 25% faster.

Isn't it all about the writing speed?

Class 10 mandates a minimum sustained rate of 10MB/sec read/write speed. UHS is an enhancement to original SD specification in the SDA 3.0 specification for SDHC and SDXC. UHS-1 is also a 10MB/sec minimum sustained specification. UHS is a faster bus for moving data. There is UHS-50 and UHS-104 for 50MB/sec and 104MB/sec, devices are not there yet. UHS-1 is backward compatible with SDHC. Beware of SDXC, if your device does not explicitly support the extended capacity card, this will not work for you.

If your camera supports UHS-1 and takes advantage of higher write speed, you can take big pictures and be ready to take another - quicker. 25% quicker than the previous version of Extreme UHS-1 SDHC card from SanDisk. 32GB will store over 4300 pictures for me at highest resolution, or at lowest resolution - over 48,000 pictures. Don't forget to backup, that's a lifetime or two worth of images.
I needed a new, larger capacity memory card for my Canon Rebel T1 camera. I had always heard that Sandisk makes good quality products at a low price. We have been using this card for quite some time now and it's been holding up very well. We take a lot of outdoor pictures with our camera in varying temps from 30 degrees to 100 degrees and this card has been working like a champ. Comparing it to try 4 rated speed memory card we used previously,Mir appears we can take pictures a bit faster. It also work great to plug into my laptop and pull pictures off it very fast as well as quick to show thumbnails. I would recommend this memory card.

Disclaimer: I sometimes receive products at a deep discount for my unbiased review. I was offered no incentive for purchasing this product and I am giving my own personal opinion based on how I honestly feel about the product. In other words, I paid full price for this item I purchased. I take my reviews seriously and include my own opinion and experience with each product. Just like you, the reader, I heavily rely on reviews for all of my personal purchases and because of this I want to let you know I won't rate an item 4 stars or more if I would buy it at again at full price. So you can use this as a guide to determine whether it is good or bad.

If you have found my product review to be helpful, please please hit the helpful button. This will make it easier for others to find this review so they may be helped as well. You certainly don’t have to, I don’t get anything from it, but I get a good feeling that I helped someone. If you have any questions about my experience with this product, please leave me a comment. Thank you for taking the time to read my review.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 29, 2013
I was initially impressed with the speed, it was exactly what I needed for my Canon T3i while all of my other SD cards were simply too slow to keep up with the Burst speeds and Video from my SLR.

Within 3 months the plastic started cracking, the top corner broke off and I had to repair it in order to recover the files on the card (the top corner is responsible for telling the card reader that the card has been inserted). Over the next few months, the case began to split down the middle and it's having a lot of trouble being recognized by my cameras and card readers. Many of the card readers detect that the card is write-protected when it's not. The case is just disintegrating on me, and put up against about 3-4 other SD cards that I use often, it is the only one of the bunch that has shown so much wear.

Sandisk doesn't seem to believe it is a counterfeit, but they are claiming that I abused it, because moving a card from a camera to a card reader and back counts as abuse......Oh well, just ordered a Samsung 80MB/s 64GB.
on August 23, 2012
The item that I purchased was advertised as a SanDisk 32GB EXTREME SDHC Card Class 10 45MB/s UHS-1 300x (SDSDRX3-032G-A21. (Newest Version). The package arrived with a non standard UPC barcode label glued over the original UPC printed on the package which reads SSSDX-032-X46. According to the service Rep. at SanDisk, they did not place the glued on label over the original UPC on the package. It appears as though a label has been placed on a lesser version's package to make it appear to be the A21 (Latest Version). I have made many purchased from Amazon.com and this is the first time that I have been disappointed. I am now waiting for a response from Amazon.com with an acceptable explanation and hope that we are able to arrive at a mutually acceptable adjustment. Only then will I be able to continue to make worry free purchases from Amazon.com.

8/27:
Please forgive the delay in responding to my original review but I have been very busy making the necessary hurricane Isaac preparations. The storm is due to go directly over us late tomorrow evening.
On 8/25 I received an e-mail from Amazon.com containing an adjustment to the original purchase price of the item. I am totally satisfied with the response from Amazon.com. My confidence in Amazon.com being a provider of quality products at fair prices has been totally restored.
Gary C.
66 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2013
Bought the retail version of this card. It came factory sealed. This thing is lightning fast! For all the users that claim they have received fakes, be sure to test your card using a modern SD card reader/writer. I own two. an older USB2 card reader that read this card substantially slower than my new USB3 card reader.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 4.731 MB/s [ 1155.0 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.741 MB/s [ 180.8 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 5.231 MB/s [ 1277.2 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.841 MB/s [ 205.2 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [J: 0.0% (0.0/29.7 GB)] (x1)
Date : 2013/03/07 18:48:26
OS : Windows 8 [6.2 Build 9200] (x64)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 8, 2013
I own two of these 32GB SDHC Class 10 cards and they are just the ticket for HD video with my EOS 6D. Plus they handle RAW image bursts like a champ. I handle them carefully as SDHC cards are more flimsy than metal case CF Extreme cards I use in my 5D MKII. But so far I've received impeccable performance, having stuffed these cards to the brim many times with HD concert videos during the past 6 months. My first Extreme 32GB SDHC has a handsome black and red label design. The latest and greatest have the same speed/specs but sport a gold tone label with red accents. The gold tone card is easier to find in a dark bag but could use a graphic design makeover.

I've used SanDisk Extreme CF and SD series cards since 2005, nearly 9 years of great service. It's all about fast and reliable performance and these cards deliver in spades. Quality control is so good I've never had to test SanDisk customer service. I've washed and dried my CF cards several times, rubbed them with keys and rocks and they worked perfectly. I don't expect SD cases to stand up to the same kind of abuse CF cases can take, but I've been getting the same great performance otherwise. I'll be back for more Extreme when the 64GB gets more affordable. Right now the best bang for buck is the 32GB size. Great card: fast, reliable and priced right.
on February 13, 2014
I like these a lot, and they definitely beat out non UHS-1 cards by a lot in terms of speed. Sandisk has also been a very reliable brand for me in terms of data integrity.

The read speed matters if you have a USB3.0 reader, it won't matter much if you don't.

The write speed is determined by the class-1 destinction of UHS-1. This is the speed you need for 1080p video BUT, supposedly some Sony cameras prefer a 15MB/s minimum write speed. class-1 (This one) is only 10MB/s. I haven't tested but in my NEX-6 anyway this card works fine. In my NEX-5R, I have had some overheating issues that -may- be related to the write speed, not sure.

Until class-3 cards become available (minimum write speed is 30MB/s if I recall correctly), which are for 4K video writing, this is about as good as it gets.

Note that a higher speed where it says 45MB/s* or 90MB/s has to do with READ speed and it's a MAXIMUM value. It has nothing to do with write speed (that's the 1 inside the little U). Write speed is what matters if you're trying to speed up fps on your DSLR or trying to get better write performance for some other device.

GL
on August 1, 2014
I bought this card as a replacement of my dead sandisk extreme. The old one (sandisk extreme 16 gb 45mb/s) was bought 5 years ago and it had been used heavily (almost on daily basis and occsionally under extreme weather conditions) until it suddenly died a few days ago.

Although I was a bit upset since I lost some data with the dead SD card, I still wanted to stick on the same brand and model due to its great overall performance under challenging conditions. Basically, sandisk is among a handful of companies that are famous for the storage devices and that was the driving factor behind this purchase.

It came in a frustration free package and the labeling was strikingly different from what is shown on the amazon product page. That picture looks like my old sandisk. This one came with a golden colored tag instead of this red-black classical tag. Another surprising part was the lack of sandisk imprint at the back. It only says' made in China' and a serial number and that does not help much at all..

After a bit of google search I found out that many people receive fake (imitation) storage devices and Sandisk website does not posses a handy mechanism to distinguish the fake from the genuine one. The only recommendation is to buy it from an authorized vendor and a list is given for each country. Luckily, Amazon is among the authorized vendors and if you are buying the product directly from amazon (not a third party seller of the amazon market place) you are doing the best and the only thing you can for getting a genuine device.

During my internet search, I found out a highly praised software called H2testw developed by Herald Bögeholz which tests the portable usb devices and memory cards bit by bit against bad sectors and other hardware issues. It also gives write/read speed information (that part you can do by transferring a file between your computer and the sd card and let windows measure the transmission speed for both directions).

The software did not find any damaged sector in the device. The actual storage area for 32gb one is around 30430 mb and it writes with a speed of 38-38.5 mb/sec and reads with a speed of 39.5-40.5 mb/sec. These numbers matched exactly with my own test by transferring two video files. These performance ratings are slightly low compared to the product claim of 45 mb/sec but still pretty close.

Finally, it comes with a 5 year warranty (what a coincidence my old one died exactly five years after the purchase) if you ever remember to file a warranty claim for such a stuff.

As of July 2014, I purchased the 32gb 45mb/sec version directly from amazon for $25. If you can find the same product with a similar price, then it is worth the investment. If not, I would go for other brands like transcend and kingston, this will not live forever anyway
on October 3, 2014
I learned which SD disk would be best for me by reading a Wikipedia article that explained the nature of SD data cards and the nomenclature that would identify the card(s) that met the minimum specifications for my new DSLR camera. The faster cards enable video recording and burst photography, something I always wanted to do. Several cards are "fast enough" and the prices per GB vary as expected.

There is a website showing the results of actual field tests performed by a fellow who had a testing lab available and he took it upon himself to test the latest models, the "hot new cards."

Interestingly, the new high tech cards did not perform any better for photographers than the earlier edition. They may be good for some applications, but not mine. The test results turned me back to purchase THIS card because it had the best performance at the lower price while the cost per gigabyte of storage capacity was lower.

In the field last night, I caught a wonderful Alaskan sunset where the clouds were just right and the light was perfect. I shot hundreds of photos. My card has a huge inventory of sunset photos to choose from and the card has gobs of room left (that's a technical term) and I have ample storage capacity for more if I need it. This card is Ideal for a weekend trip or vacation.

Perhaps this will lead you to conclude this is today's best card type for DSLR cameras. I bought three and there should be no need to replenish my inventory for quite a while.