Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,534 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,584 reviews
on May 15, 2012
This is my second SanDisk Extreme 32GB SDHC UHS-1 card. First card (SDSDXR3-032G-A21) is the 30MB/Sec card that says HD Video on the label. This new card (SDSDX-032G-X46) is the 45MB/Sec product replacement for this class. Using a card reader that is USB 3.0 and UHS-1 capable, CrystalDiskMark was run for 50MB, 100MB, 500MB, 1000MB, 2000MB, and 4000MB loads. The sequential read and write were very consistent for this card, 45MB/sec and 43MB/sec respectively for reading and writing. Retesting the -A21 card showed consistent rate of 45MB/sec and 34MB/sec for reading and writing. It appears the new and improved SanDisk Extreme card writes about 25% faster.

Isn't it all about the writing speed?

Class 10 mandates a minimum sustained rate of 10MB/sec read/write speed. UHS is an enhancement to original SD specification in the SDA 3.0 specification for SDHC and SDXC. UHS-1 is also a 10MB/sec minimum sustained specification. UHS is a faster bus for moving data. There is UHS-50 and UHS-104 for 50MB/sec and 104MB/sec, devices are not there yet. UHS-1 is backward compatible with SDHC. Beware of SDXC, if your device does not explicitly support the extended capacity card, this will not work for you.

If your camera supports UHS-1 and takes advantage of higher write speed, you can take big pictures and be ready to take another - quicker. 25% quicker than the previous version of Extreme UHS-1 SDHC card from SanDisk. 32GB will store over 4300 pictures for me at highest resolution, or at lowest resolution - over 48,000 pictures. Don't forget to backup, that's a lifetime or two worth of images.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 29, 2016
I needed a new, larger capacity memory card for my Canon Rebel T1 camera. I had always heard that Sandisk makes good quality products at a low price. We have been using this card for quite some time now and it's been holding up very well. We take a lot of outdoor pictures with our camera in varying temps from 30 degrees to 100 degrees and this card has been working like a champ. Comparing it to try 4 rated speed memory card we used previously,Mir appears we can take pictures a bit faster. It also work great to plug into my laptop and pull pictures off it very fast as well as quick to show thumbnails. I would recommend this memory card.

Disclaimer: I sometimes receive products at a deep discount for my unbiased review. I was offered no incentive for purchasing this product and I am giving my own personal opinion based on how I honestly feel about the product. In other words, I paid full price for this item I purchased. I take my reviews seriously and include my own opinion and experience with each product. Just like you, the reader, I heavily rely on reviews for all of my personal purchases and because of this I want to let you know I won't rate an item 4 stars or more if I would buy it at again at full price. So you can use this as a guide to determine whether it is good or bad.

If you have found my product review to be helpful, please please hit the helpful button. This will make it easier for others to find this review so they may be helped as well. You certainly don’t have to, I don’t get anything from it, but I get a good feeling that I helped someone. If you have any questions about my experience with this product, please leave me a comment. Thank you for taking the time to read my review.
on August 23, 2012
The item that I purchased was advertised as a SanDisk 32GB EXTREME SDHC Card Class 10 45MB/s UHS-1 300x (SDSDRX3-032G-A21. (Newest Version). The package arrived with a non standard UPC barcode label glued over the original UPC printed on the package which reads SSSDX-032-X46. According to the service Rep. at SanDisk, they did not place the glued on label over the original UPC on the package. It appears as though a label has been placed on a lesser version's package to make it appear to be the A21 (Latest Version). I have made many purchased from Amazon.com and this is the first time that I have been disappointed. I am now waiting for a response from Amazon.com with an acceptable explanation and hope that we are able to arrive at a mutually acceptable adjustment. Only then will I be able to continue to make worry free purchases from Amazon.com.

8/27:
Please forgive the delay in responding to my original review but I have been very busy making the necessary hurricane Isaac preparations. The storm is due to go directly over us late tomorrow evening.
On 8/25 I received an e-mail from Amazon.com containing an adjustment to the original purchase price of the item. I am totally satisfied with the response from Amazon.com. My confidence in Amazon.com being a provider of quality products at fair prices has been totally restored.
Gary C.
66 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 8, 2013
I own two of these 32GB SDHC Class 10 cards and they are just the ticket for HD video with my EOS 6D. Plus they handle RAW image bursts like a champ. I handle them carefully as SDHC cards are more flimsy than metal case CF Extreme cards I use in my 5D MKII. But so far I've received impeccable performance, having stuffed these cards to the brim many times with HD concert videos during the past 6 months. My first Extreme 32GB SDHC has a handsome black and red label design. The latest and greatest have the same speed/specs but sport a gold tone label with red accents. The gold tone card is easier to find in a dark bag but could use a graphic design makeover.

I've used SanDisk Extreme CF and SD series cards since 2005, nearly 9 years of great service. It's all about fast and reliable performance and these cards deliver in spades. Quality control is so good I've never had to test SanDisk customer service. I've washed and dried my CF cards several times, rubbed them with keys and rocks and they worked perfectly. I don't expect SD cases to stand up to the same kind of abuse CF cases can take, but I've been getting the same great performance otherwise. I'll be back for more Extreme when the 64GB gets more affordable. Right now the best bang for buck is the 32GB size. Great card: fast, reliable and priced right.
VINE VOICEon May 17, 2012
Update July 9, 2014 :

I got another card and ran it through the same h2testw. This time I got 36.4 MB/s write, 43.4 MB/s read. Slightly faster than the earlier sample. Color is different - the yellow in the Amazon photo is actually gold, so it's not quite as hideous as I first feared. Not that it really matters - we don't buy memory cards for looks. My original purchase from May 15, 2012 has performed flawlessly in my 5D III all this time. This new card is for a 70D.

Packaging is still the same, and it still says "X46" at the back. And comes with a year's subscription of RescuePRO deluxe (serial number on slip of paper).

End of update.

Quick summary of Sandisk premium SD cards : SanDisk has 3 right now. SanDisk Ultra is their lowest line (max. 30 MB/s). Extreme, this one, is in the middle, at 45 MB/s. Extreme Pro is rated at 95 MB/s. All cards in their premium line comes with a lifetime warranty. This one also comes with a 1 year subscription to RescuePRO (serial number included on a slip of paper in the box).

This card is a little more expensive compared to other reputable and fast cards. The Extreme Pro is roughly twice the price of this. You're paying partly for the SanDisk reputation, and partly for the speed.

I tested my card with the Transcend USB 3.0 Super Speed Multi-Card Reader for SD/SDHC/SDXC/MS/CF Cards (TS-RDF8) connected to a USB 3.0 PCIe card (NEC chipset) on an i7-920, using h2testw 1.4. Essentially I'm testing large sequential reads and writes. As expected, there were no errors. Card was formatted as FAT32 out of the box.

I'm not sure if my Transcend reader supports UHS-I mode, which may explain my inability to reach 45 MB/s. I did get a respectable 34.8 MB/s write speed, and a 40.7 MB/s read speed. I also tested it with my USB 2.0 reader, and only managed a 19.5 MB/s read speed. The take-away from this is that you need either a USB 3.0 reader or a Firewire 800 reader to take full advantage of the speed when transferring photos / videos to your computer. At twice the transfer speed, you're looking at a saving of about 14 minutes (27 minutes compared to 13 minutes) for a full 32GB of data.

There's no issues using this on my camcorder or DSLR. My camcorder works just fine with Class 4 cards, so it is not surprise there's no issues with this card. I could record all I frame videos with my Canon 5D III (the 5D III does not support UHS-I). I'll test the write speed in burst mode (RAW files) compared to a generic Class 10 and update this review later.

One strange thing about this card (made in China, in case anyone's wondering) is that there's a sticker over the UPC stating this is the X46 package (meant for Asia excluding Japan, Europe, Australia). Peel that away and it says "A21" (Americas). I don't believe there's any actual difference in the card itself.
on August 20, 2013
The data transfer rates I've been getting with this card have been fantastic.

Using a Transcend USB3.0 card reader:
via USB 2.0: 15-20 mb/s
via USB 3.0: 30-45 mb/s depending on file sizes

I've been taking lots of video footage of surfing that result in 4gb files, and taking tons of pictures of the family over the summer. The faster transfer rates are extremely helpful as a result.

One oddity I've observed:
I transferred a 350mb video file the other day, which should take almost 8 seconds at 45 mb/s. It transferred virtually instantly, showing up immediately in the destination folder, and without the windows file transfer dialog popping up.

When I tested large (4gb) files and folders, the transfer speed spiked at the beginning, and tapered off to ~45mb/s by the end of the transfer. I'm uncertain as to the cause, but in my experience small video files and small batches of photos transfer faster.
VINE VOICEon October 9, 2012
SanDisk has never let me down with my HD Camcorder. This card has never been the bottleneck to cause any quality loss or data loss. For vacation video and pictures, I wanted the confidence that my recordings were not going to be lost, or reduced in quality due to card issues to be discovered when I return home. You only have one chance to capture those memories. SanDisk is a great brand. Last year I bought two SanDisk Extreme SDHC 16GB 30 MB/s (the previous model), and this year I bought this SanDisk Extreme SDHC 32GB 45 MB/s (the next model).

I recommend reading your camcorder or camera manual, and see what it states as the write speed at the quality setting you plan to use. If it bothers to state it, I believe there is a reason. If not stated, then don't worry, the minimum write speed by the minimum card spec should be fine. For me, my manual (Sony HD Camcorder) clearly stated a write speed at about 23 MB/s for the mode I use, and up to 28 MB/s. So I made sure I had a card that was internally capable of writing at the stated speed. That way the card itself could not possibly be the bottleneck. Now your manual should state the minimum card spec, like "class 6" or "class 10", or "UHS-I". Class 10 refers to a 10 MB/s minimum sustained write speed, and makes indication that your camera or camcorder will actually take any advantage of using more than the minimum spec if it doesn't say otherwise. Personally, I figure if the manual states write speeds separately, and only states a class 6 minimum, I am not taking any chances, as the math doesn't make sense. A minimum spec class 6 could not possibly capture 28 MB/s of HD video over a long period of time without an equally sized internal buffer, or else it would have to degrade quality to keep up. So I would see if you manual actually lists any numbers to see if it would matter in your case.

This is a UHS-I rated card, and class 10, and backward compatible. For UHS-I, I believe it is something that the hardware does have to specifically support to use the bus differently. So you are likely to get somewhere less than that for devices supporting only beyond class 10 specifications. I might guess that might mean somewhere near the 30 MB/s of the previous models claim before UHS-I. For more on classifications, wikipedia is a good source. Just do not expect to take full advantage of this card unless you have a UHS-I, or even beyond class 10, depending on device, which might not even be clearly documented. In the end, I am happy with my choice with SanDisk.
on September 24, 2013
I used this SanDisk 32 GB memory card on my vacation. I recorded several days' worth of pictures and videos, and then found out I can't retrieve any of it. It won't even let me see it on my camcorder's viewfinder. I tried their "free" RescuePRO Deluxe recovery software download that came in the box and it could not retrieve the data. I was told to send the card to their company LC Technology for analysis. (I also tried the card on another camera and it also could not read, so it's not the camcorder's fault.) To recover data from the 32 GB memory card costs $275. The company was able to retrieve the data and SanDisk gave me another brand new 32 GB memory card. Thinking that my first card was a fluke, I used this second card on another trip and it happened AGAIN! I'm deeply disappointed since I thought this company was the best in the market for memory cards. I'm going to try another company...

PS - I have several lower SanDisk memory cards and they all work fine. My problem seems to be just with this 32 GB card.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2015
purchased on amazon 04/2014 (2nd one) for use in our digital SLR for shooting live video of bands. it has been reliable and works properly as it should with daily use now for over 1 year.

other card is used in a portable digital 6 track recorder which is used less frequently but has had no problems.

my brother was much less fortunate and had 2 of his 3 corrupt while in South America - in less than a year and all photography was lost minus what I was able to do digital forensic work to save. so your mileage may vary - would rate 5 stars had it not been for 2 of the 5 purchased between us on craigslist crapping out totally.
on June 7, 2012
Super fast card. I moved as a test about 45MB of photos to my SSD on my PC in less than 3 seconds.
I also couldn't get my camcorder to take photos faster than it could save them on the card. (8.3 MP only for the photos). Previously after a few photos I would have had to wait 20-30 seconds for the photos to go to the card.

I also bought a 16GB of the same model and it has worked perfectly.

So pick the 45MB/s, class 10, U1 logo (UHS Speed class 1) from a reputable brand like Sandisk, and enjoy super fast transfers.

No-brand are available for cheaper, but when it's your vacation, of family photos or video you are recording and you lose a file, the $10 of difference suddenly becomes priceless.

Sandisk also gives some code for a 1year recovery software usage. I never used the codes, but it doesn't hurt to keep them around for the day a card will fail (nothing lasts forever: you need to backup your data).

Also using a good card reader is needed to get better performance out of the card - something to keep in mind of the PC transfer is slow.

Last: this is backward compatible with SD-HC devices. I'm using the 16GB in a Go Pro HD2 and this 32GB in a Sony HDR-CX550V. They might not have the fastest interface for the card, but they get a really nice speed boost to write the files.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse