Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Size: 32 GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 5,211 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,461 reviews
on March 23, 2012
I just received the card today, so not a lot of time logged... But it is smokin' fast! I had some issues recording 1080/30fps on my D5100 with previous PNY Professional card. Several tests with HD video and consecutive still frame bursts never even hiccuped! I'm 99.4% sure this is going to cure all of the past woes. (The PNY is now relegated to my sweet new Samsung TL500. No HD video on it, so No worries!)

What I wanted to point out to those looking is that this IS the latest 45MB/s SDHC Extreme 16GB card. AND it's at the same or better price as others selling the previous models!

Maybe I'm the only one that's confused about the different versions of the SanDisk SDHC cards. But I searched and searched trying to make sure I was getting the latest card instead of overpaying for old stock. I even contacted SanDisk, and their customer support didn't even know that the Extreme is now 45MB/s! They actually told me that I would have to buy the (now outdated and overpriced) SDSDXP1-016G to get 45MB/s. I researched this for a couple of evenings, and still knew enough to explain to SanDisk that the SDSDXPA-016G is the new version of what they told me to buy, and it's now 95MB/s for the same price!

So here's the breakdown of what I found as of 3/22/12:

Lower price Extreme SDHC:
SDSDRX3-016G - 30MB/s - OLD
SDSDX-016G - 45MB/s - CURRENT (Apparently Brand New)

Higher price Extreme Pro SDHC:
SDSDXP1-016G - 45MB/s - OLD
SDSDXPA-016G - 95MB/s - CURRENT

The cards are all about the same price if you buy the same classification and GB size. (A 16GB Extreme is going to be twenty-five to thirty bucks regardless if it's 20MB/s, 30MB/s, or 45MB/s.)

I don't know if you really need this Extreme card vs. Ultra or Extreme Pro. You can determine that... But don't Overpay for the same performance! Be sure you Get the Latest Version of whichever you choose.
2020 comments| 511 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2012
When I bought the new Canon DSLR camera I got what I thought was a fast memory card for it. The camera would stop "automatically" after a few seconds of HD video which was VERY irritating. The suggested fix was higher speed memory. After installing the Extreme memory the problem disappeared entirely. The price was good and the function is great! I recommend it!
11 comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2011
The speed of this card may be overkill for standard shooting/filming. However, I use Magic Lantern on my 60D, which is a firmware modification that runs off of the SD card. I noticed that my Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS32GSDHC10E had a hard time keeping up with some of the functions of the additional software. I decided to give the faster card a try, and the functions (such as magic zoom and focus peaking) work much better now.

Of course, pulling pictures and video off the card is also quicker than with the Transcend. Although both cards are "Class 10," the SanDisk is 50% faster than the Transcend.
1818 comments| 485 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 17, 2011
After a bit of research I purchased this card when I bought my Canon EOS 60D. I shoot RAW + JPG and have no trouble shooting at full speed with this SD card. Full HD video isn't a problem either.

I've put the card in both my desktop and laptop computers and haven't had any problem reading the images off them.

If you've spent a bunch of money on a DSLR why go cheap when it comes to the storage? A slow card can reduce the performance of the camera if you're shooting rapid fire. After looking at many reviews here and at photography websites I decided on this card and I haven't been disappointed.
77 comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2014
I like these a lot, and they definitely beat out non UHS-1 cards by a lot in terms of speed. Sandisk has also been a very reliable brand for me in terms of data integrity.

The read speed matters if you have a USB3.0 reader, it won't matter much if you don't.

The write speed is determined by the class-1 destinction of UHS-1. This is the speed you need for 1080p video BUT, supposedly some Sony cameras prefer a 15MB/s minimum write speed. class-1 (This one) is only 10MB/s. I haven't tested but in my NEX-6 anyway this card works fine. In my NEX-5R, I have had some overheating issues that -may- be related to the write speed, not sure.

Until class-3 cards become available (minimum write speed is 30MB/s if I recall correctly), which are for 4K video writing, this is about as good as it gets.

Note that a higher speed where it says 45MB/s* or 90MB/s has to do with READ speed and it's a MAXIMUM value. It has nothing to do with write speed (that's the 1 inside the little U). Write speed is what matters if you're trying to speed up fps on your DSLR or trying to get better write performance for some other device.

GL
on June 7, 2012
Super fast card. I moved as a test about 45MB of photos to my SSD on my PC in less than 3 seconds.
I also couldn't get my camcorder to take photos faster than it could save them on the card. (8.3 MP only for the photos). Previously after a few photos I would have had to wait 20-30 seconds for the photos to go to the card.

I also bought a 16GB of the same model and it has worked perfectly.

So pick the 45MB/s, class 10, U1 logo (UHS Speed class 1) from a reputable brand like Sandisk, and enjoy super fast transfers.

No-brand are available for cheaper, but when it's your vacation, of family photos or video you are recording and you lose a file, the $10 of difference suddenly becomes priceless.

Sandisk also gives some code for a 1year recovery software usage. I never used the codes, but it doesn't hurt to keep them around for the day a card will fail (nothing lasts forever: you need to backup your data).

Also using a good card reader is needed to get better performance out of the card - something to keep in mind of the PC transfer is slow.

Last: this is backward compatible with SD-HC devices. I'm using the 16GB in a Go Pro HD2 and this 32GB in a Sony HDR-CX550V. They might not have the fastest interface for the card, but they get a really nice speed boost to write the files.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2013
Lexar fans, don't be fooled! This product can write faster than Lexar 64GB SDXC cards. When I'm shooting video, that's all that matters. When I'm done shooting, the blazing-fast read speeds that Lexar brags about don't matter if the write failed. Read the fine print.

This is the fastest writing SDXC card that I can find. SanDisk invented flash media back when they were called "Sun Disk". This is a premium product that pro photographers and video pros should respect more. It delivers the numbers that really matter. It's a fine, solid product. Zero problems. I'm using this professionally with a professional broadcast video camera. I have complete confidence in this product. The performance speaks for itself. It takes the highest bit rate AVCHD streams that I can make with no errors. 'Nuff said.
on June 30, 2015
purchased on amazon 04/2014 (2nd one) for use in our digital SLR for shooting live video of bands. it has been reliable and works properly as it should with daily use now for over 1 year.

other card is used in a portable digital 6 track recorder which is used less frequently but has had no problems.

my brother was much less fortunate and had 2 of his 3 corrupt while in South America - in less than a year and all photography was lost minus what I was able to do digital forensic work to save. so your mileage may vary - would rate 5 stars had it not been for 2 of the 5 purchased between us on craigslist crapping out totally.
on September 12, 2013
I own three of these cards which I use in a Canon T4i. The camera is very responsive when I use the card so I assume the in camera write performance is good. Quantitative tests shown on Amazon's listing certainly indicate excellent write performance. I shoot stills, not video, so I can't comment on the video performance. The read output rate is excellent when copying from the card to a PC. So far the three cards have been reliable.

32 GB is a huge capacity. I get large capacity cards because the cost is reasonable and I don't want to worry about running out of space; which I don't. I get the multiples of the same capacity because I don't want to worry about which card I've loaded into the camera.
on June 6, 2012
I read the reviews on this cards, and figured it was worth the extra 12 dollars to get the SanDisk over the Transcend card. I have not been disappointed. I've used the card exclusively in my Nikon D5100 where I used the camera to format it. I've taken 200+ pictures, about 30 minutes worth of HD video, and have not missed a single shot or second of video. I have even taken pictures in burst mode with no problems. Downloading from the card to my desktop computer (a 2010 HP model) was a breeze. On my first download the pictures were done in less than 45 seconds for a batch of 80 (jpeg + raw, about 1.75GB, and three four minute videos (1.86GB) took around a minute. I'm just an amateur photog, so I can't speak to whether this card will hold up for pro users. But for the average user, this card is spot on. Highly recommended.