Top positive review
2 people found this helpful
Watch out for fake SanDisk cards, here's how
on April 7, 2015
Great card, but be sure you buy from an authorized SanDisk seller, such as directly from Amazon.com. The list of SanDisk authorized sellers can be found on SanDisk's website. I purchased (6) of these cards from a 3rd party seller here through Amazon, the seller I will not disclose, but instead I suggest you buy from only an authorized SanDisk seller.
Here are the qualities of my fake cards:
- First, when in doubt, call SanDisk. They have a toll free # to call to verify your cards.
- The cards are marked with "Made In Taiwan", while the packaging says "Made In China"
- The serial numbers are not where SanDisk's serial numbers usually are (per http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12703/~/product-code-and-serial-numbers-location#sd)
- The sticker is highly reflective, much more than cards I purchased directly from Amazon.com
- The back has a lot more writing on it than shown on SanDisk website
- The lock slider is yellow, versus grey from the authentic cards
- One of the cards failed on the 2nd attempt of using it
- The plastic case the cards came in is much lower quality than SanDisk
- The packaging says SDXC while this item listed on Amazon is for SDHC
- The cards say 60 MB/s while the packaging says 45 MB/s