Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 24, 2015
This is a great card but its sometimes a gamble if your going to get a real one or a copy rebranded card. I happen to get a fake rebranded card and it was not easy to tell. I contacted sandisk and they verified by the serials and images that it was indeed a fake card. More so I did a test on the card to see if it was a small 4-8gb card or even a real 64. Its a real 64gb card but some cheap china one I assume. You cant always tell by the cards because sometimes they look pretty good. There were a few things that threw me off.
1. the yellow lock switch
2.the serials and images on the back of the card
3. The super gold plates
4. The plastic (real ones will look different)
5. The sticker on the front (off center and not perfect)
6. Speed testing.
7. Gut instincts (varies based on size of gut and experience)
I did a heavy load on the card with 50gb of wedding images and it handled it. Next I did a Black magic speed test and ill post the numbers below. I contacted amazon and they have allowed the refund to be made. I cant risk having a low performance card for weddings especially for the price. If you can please double check your cards by verifying it through Sandisk services. All you have to do is email them with the serials on the card. Super easy and they respond within a day. I gave it two stars because amazon service is amazing. I also have some images of a fake and a real card. Hope this helps
review imagereview image
2525 comments| 1,972 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 10, 2012
I have reached advertised speeds on a built-in card reader and a newer digital camera but there are a few things anyone should know when choosing a card.
Cards with 32GB or less are SDHC and should work with most devices released in the last few years. SDXC will cover cards with higher capacities, such as this card in 64GB. This is an important consideration to Linux users since SDXC uses exFAT which may not work with your OS. If you have an up-to-date Windows installation or a recent Mac release you will be fine without third party software, though a firmware update may be necessary for your card reader if it's pre-'09.
You will not achieve UHF speeds on a USB 2.0 bus - you will see a maximum 20-30MB/S depending on file size and other factors. On many host devices the speed gains are negligible during operation because of fast internal memory buffers - I can burst (9/s) an average of 15 shots in RAW+jpeg on my DSLR with a class 6 card, or 18 with this - so probably not worth the premium price for that gain alone. Video there is no difference since the class 6 can float the 20mbps required for 1080i on my camera. In other words, if you can get the extreme pro in 64GB for the same price as the extreme in 128GB, your money is probably better spent on the extreme, if not on a non-UHF card, which is to say class 6 or 10.
It may be noteworthy that this card is waterproof and x-ray proof, but does not specify that it is magnet proof as other brands' documentation does. That said, Sandisk has some of the most robust built-in error checking features in the 'biz and other brands don't really compete in quality if you do some research.
My advice is to make sure you can use the extra speed you're paying for - if you don't have a USB 3.0 card reader, a host device with USB 3.0 PC connection, or a built-in card reader on a laptop that's either newer or has a recent firmware update, you may be wasting a fair sum of money here. Also make sure your device says SDXC if you do go above 32GB. Many devices' documentation will explicitly say that it works up to 32GB. It'll just try to format the card over and over if you feed it an SDXC.
Hopefully some info here was helpful! Happy hunting
88 comments| 729 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2013
My Nikon D7000 has two card slots. I had a Kingston SDHC 16GB in the second slot and the Extreme Pro 32 GB by Sandisk in the first slot. Unfortunately, I only owned ONE Extreme Pro because I could not justify spending that much on a card but I had a whole pocketful of those Kingston 16gb ones because they're only $11.00! In my mind I thought; "16 gb plus 16 gb is 32gb. Sandisk 32gb card is over $60bucks but two of these Kingston disks will total be one third that price." It's great reasoning for a person who wants to miss 1/3 of the important shots.

I have learned the error of my thinking. If you are a hobbyist photographer, shooting landscapes or family/friends you may not see a need for this disk depending on what you shoot. If you are a professional wedding photographer or a sports photographer; or any kind of photographer where you NEED to capture that one special shot then you NEED this card.

Here's my story: I had run out of space on my Sandisk 32GB while photographing the bride getting to the church. I put in a standard Kingston 16gb SDHC card to shoot the ceremony with. BIG MISTAKE!! I was preparing for the bridesmaids to march down the aisle so I had my camera set to take a quick succession of pictures (in case one had her eyes closed). My camera took so long to cycle that I missed completely the next bridesmaid. It turns out that the Kingston writes at around 4mb/s compared to the Sandisk at 95mb/s. That is a huge difference. Needless to say that I captured the bride getting fed cake, but missed her smearing it on his face. If you don't think that speed matters, wait until you have to tell the bride that you missed an important shot because the disk in your camera can't keep up with your camera. :(

I actually came to this site today to purchase another one; and while I was here decided to put in my thoughts on this disk. Don't be "that photographer" who is known for missing important shots like I did.
1010 comments| 589 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I tend to 'over buy' on my storage cards. In this case I chose the Extreme PRO discs because they write extremely fast! 90/MB/s with a read speed of 95 MB/s. This means they are great for video. But I tend to take a lot of fast action or bracketed photos so I want the write speed to be fast. If I take a video here or there then I know I won't have an issue. I chose a smaller storage capacity (I got the 32GB) because you never want to max out a card and then something happen to that card and you've lost all of your shots. I will be traveling abroad for a month and plan to have a minimum of a card a day so will be able to keep a diary of sorts just through my cards (that will match up with my travel journal.

SanDisk always puts out a great and dependable product. I did inspect my cards (I purchased multiple) to ensure that I did not receive counterfeit cards as well as have already formatted and tested each card. None of my cards had an issue.

I highly recommend this card!
on February 23, 2016
I bought two of these and one "Transcend 32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 (TS32GSDU1)" While Transcend was 2.5 times cheaper it was also considerably slower. The speed differences I got inside my Fujifilm X-T1 were noticeable when shooting in burst mode and in previews. With Sandisk you shoot a photo and press play and it almost instantly shows up, where as with Transcend it takes a bit longer. X-T1 has a good buffer so for single-shot mode you probably won't see much difference. But in Burst mode the difference is very noticeable. With Sandisk it writes the buffer so quickly that even if you filled it up completely you would still be able to get a shot quick enough not to miss a scene. With Transcend I felt like if I was in a situation where I need to act quickly, there could be a chance that I would miss some shots, especially because the buffer is so good that you can get carried away sometimes and then waaaait till it writes it out. If you have a camera with smaller buffer size, like Fujifilm X-T10 for example, speed will be even more important for you.

In short, the speeds I got from this card (used with Fujifilm X-T1) are what I needed. Slower than this, I would feel lacking with possibility of lost shots. Faster than this well, wouldn't hurt of course, but I really doubt it would affect my shooting.

A very nice site I found (not sure if I can paste address here) if you google for "Fastest SD cards for Fuji X-T10" first hit: cameramemoryspeed compares various cards. It really made up my mind about getting this card. There are other more expensive cards by Sandisk, but it seems they're only a little bit faster when it comes to Write speed (and nobody cares about read-speed).

Other thoughts:
If you're considering getting larger capacity cards check the size of your photos. I only shoot RAW and X-T1 makes them rather large (~32MB) and some people complain about that. I don't, because I think it's the reason I get instant preview of 1920x1280. This preview is embedded inside the RAW file so you don't need an extra JPEG file for preview (although there's an option to do that in the camera and I've heard many people doing that... not sure why they do that as the confusion it causes, gives me a BIG headache) Any FujiFilm RAW file I click on, instantly loads the image as though it was a JPEG. I use AcDsee v2.42, amazing little program... they're on version 19 now introducing lots of features that someone who doesn't have Lightroom might find useful :)

For me 900+ photos on a single 32GB cards is a good compromise of safety Vs. convenience. Convenience of not having to replace cards too often, Vs. not having too many photos in one basket. I had a Sandisk card fail on me one time. It was 32GB and I shot the last image as the camera showed card-full message I took it out and wasn't able to access it since. 16GB is probably even better size to use as it can still fit 450+ RAW images, but if I force myself to be more responsible and transfer cards to the computer every day... anyway, I HIGHLY *don't* recommend getting larger than 32GB capacity cards (for photos) because they do fail occasionally and 64GB can fit a lot of tears!
on December 2, 2013
Was 5 star. I tested the 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro 32 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s SDSDXPA-032G-AFFP the day I received it and on Crystal mark it was 92 MB/s read - 81 MB/s write! 5 stars for sure! I couldn't believe that write speed and still don't, but the camera responded the best ever so I really didn't care about the exact numbers, just that it was close to what is was advertised as. !

I used it for about 2 days and late in the second day my Canon D70 seemed to keep getting busy when was shooting fast. Now normally no big deal but for 2 days this never happened and as the night went on it seemed the high speed continuous shooting was getting slower and slower. So bad I thought no way was this just the buffer. I took the card out, cleaned it off and the card read 5 MB/s on Crystal mark! I reformatted than it went to 20 MB/s. I tested it again and now only 18MB/s! Again then 20 MB/s. I tried several times to no avail for some reason this card slowed done, slower than cards less than 1/2 the cost. I never could get it back to the 80 where it should be, let alone the first ay 92 MB/s score.

I returned for an exchange and will chalk it up to one card going bad, it happens though I really thought it would die rather than slow down. So I knock it to 4 stars for reliability.

I will update on the new card in a day or two.

Okay the new card works perfectly. But I purcahed a card for 24.00 and it tests out exactly the same, within 1 MB/s anyhow:

PNY Elite Performance 32GB UHS-1 SDHC Flash Card (P-SDH32U1H-GE)

If the card linked above lasts it is by far the best deal on the market, much better than this card which I am very happy with. Can someone else get the PNY card and test the read/write speed to see if the their tests results are consistent with mine. For me the PNY cards are just as fast as this 67.00 transcend card, for less than 50% of the cost!
Lately I feel you can't go wrong with memory cards or flash drives from Samsung or Sandisk. Sandisk specifically has been very affordable, reliable, and while not the fastest it is reasonably fast.

This card has been great in my A6300 and my A6500 and allows for 4K recording with the UHS 3 rating that I believe Sony requires for 4K recording on at least the 6000 series cameras.

It has held up well and been fast and reliable. The only thing I could note for change is that Samsung cards have a little indent on the back bottom portion of the card that makes it far easier to remove from cameras and I wish Sandisk implemented this feature. The Sony 6000 series cameras have an odd placement of the SD card that makes it difficult to grip the card for removal, so I would like to see this thoughtful feature move to Sandisk as well.

In general this is a great card and for the price it is easy to recommend.
on April 13, 2017
I purchased the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64-bit with reading capabilities of 95 megs which is a lot faster than the original flash memory card which was 64-bit however it was only roughly around 50 megs and I use this for my new Canon EOS Rebel T6 camera. As I was trying to do videos the camera would mysteriously shut down and because of the high graphic nature of the videos the memory card that I had was not reading the videos fasten off and it would force the camera shut down. I haven't tried the video part yet but I did manage to play around with some features when it comes to taking photographs where before it would hesitate or get stuck taking a picture and now that is not the case it seems to work really fast. So it is my thinking that it will work fine. If you have a newer camera that has 1080 P or high-definition video capabilities you definitely want one of these that says extreme pro-simply because it would be fast enough to read the high-definition video.
on May 11, 2017
Fast read/writes, reliable data transfer, waterproof and durable.

Took the chip and camera on several excursions, including a couple of mud races. Chip was exposed to heat, water and mud and was not impacted in any way. Washed it off, let it dry and back in business. Just like I do to myself after a race - can't ask for more than that.

Those features make the memory card worth it to me.
It works as expected. Perhaps the best test is to use it recording a video at 4k with the stabilization set ON, with a Samsung NX1. I have tested several memory cards and most are not able to cope with the speed and amount of data that this camera delivers. At some point you loose some frame or finally the camera ends by reporting "memory card failure" (even with the most pricey and high-end models rated as 300 mb/s).
However, this memory card works just as expected. Despite it is recommended to always format on camera, since it is a 32GB, it will be formatted as FAT32 (a very limited standard set by MS) and you may get a lot more of your camera (like a NX1) if the filesystem is exFAT.
Bigger cards are automatically formatted in exFAT but for a 32 I recommend to do it in a PC rather than in the camera, in cases of productions that require longer video clips.