Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 117 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 126 reviews
on October 27, 2011
Capacity:
The actual capacity of the formatted card is 30GB not 32GB. This is due to the way the industry rounds down the actual bytes. Instead of 1024 being a megabyte that call 1000 a megabyte. Add that up over a 32gb card and you lose 2GB of perceived storage. Despite that I can still capture more than a thousand RAW images on the card which can be a game changer when photographing a wedding.

Speed:
This card averages just under 2MB/s write speed advantage over my SanDisk 8GB Extreme IV - Compact Flash memory card (Retail Packaging) (45MB/s) card.

File Transfer:
Copying files to the computer is actually I again average almost 2MB/s increase over the 45Mb card in real world use. Using a Kingston 19-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader FCR-HS219/1.

Considering I paid almost as much for my 8GB card two or so years ago the 32GB card is a superb value and as always it comes with Sandisk's limited lifetime warranty. Which I have never actually had to put to use in all the years I have been using Sandisk cards. With my first card being an old but whopping 32MB card. :)

UPDATE: Note that I have rewritten my review as of 11/11/11. The reason being is that my first 32gb card was actually a counterfeit purchased from an unreputable seller on ebay. I have also uploaded a gallery image of the performance tests.

IMPORTANT: If your Sandisk card does not come new in a retail package Sandisk will not honor the warranty and it is likely a counterfeit with questionable performance and reliability. Buyer Beware!
review image
on February 1, 2012
I bought this card for my my wife for Christmas for use in her Canon 50D. She had been using the SanDisk Extreme 8GB card but had run into some capacity issues when shooting in JPEG /RAW formats, particularly on longer trips. I had concerns about the number of photos that she can fit onto the card between downloads and effectively putting a lot of eggs into one basket, but to date the card has not had any hiccups at all. We took the card on a trip with our kids during the holidays and my wife loved not needing to worry about running out of storage space. The photos transferred quickly and didn't slow down shooting in bursts at all. Because the 50D doesn't shoot video I can't speak to it's video capability.

I would definitely recommend this card for anyone looking for the convenience of having a very large amount of storage in one place.
on December 8, 2013
I purchased this memory card to take on our vacation to Disney World. We were gone for 13 days and I took it with us every day we were in the park. Over the course of the 13 days it took over 4,000 pictures and it still said that I had 9,999 pictures left that I could take (the max my card will display). I estimated that it would take close to 16,000 pictures in total.

This was also a 60mb /s card and it acted like one. I have always had problems with the camera being "busy" if I try to take a shot too soon after the last one. It did not eliminate this over my 30mb/s card but it did cut it down to where it was no longer annoying. This "busy" problem was one of the biggest complaints that I had of my camera (Rebel Xti) and I had missed several shots in the past because it was always registered as "busy" on the screen. This just didn't seem to happen any more unless I would do multiple (6 +) pictures in a row before it would register "busy". I would wait until the card caught up and I could take another multiple sets of pictures without it registering busy.

I would highly recommend this CF card to anyone. I would even buy it again, but with a capacity of 16,000 photos, I think this will be the last card I ever buy!
I bought three of these to use with my Canon XF100, and they've all worked great. They record video just fine, even at the highest speed of 50MB/s. I've used them extensively while recording video for a documentary shoot - filling each of them several times and then reformatting to start over, and I haven't had any problems with them.

Unless you plan to transfer videos or other files by hooking the camera or camcorder or other device to the computer, it's a good idea to pick up an adapter like the Transcend P8 15-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP8K (Black). I bought one along with these and it makes it very easy to upload files to my computer for backup and editing.

In part, my positive response to the SanDisk comes from the fact I've had a bad experience with a different brand. I'd also purchased a couple of Kingston CompactFlash Ultimate 600x 32 GB Flash Drives at the same time - and while this may be anecdotal, and may be due to a dud, I kept getting recording errors with the Kingstons. I haven't had any problems like that with the SanDisk - so when I decided to return and replace my Kingston, I bought another one of these. I've been quite happy with it.
on January 2, 2010
I upgraded from my 20MB/s 8GB card when I got my new Canon 7D camera. The new camera takes pictures approximately 30mb per image, at 6 pictures per second. This card does not lag unless I shoot dozens of pictures in a burst.

I take pictures at concerts and tend to take bursts of 2-6 pictures every few seconds (lighting changes fast and people move fast). This card works amazingly well with my camera, I highly recommend it.
on April 25, 2013
Yes, they are officially compatible with the Canon XF series, and they work well so far in my XF100. I tried two Transcend 400x 32GB that also worked in my XF100, even overcranked, but so many reviews online said to not go there and that the Transcends just aren't as durable or reliable (and they vastly underperformed their rated specs, even though they worked in the camera fine), so I bit the bullet hard, ordered these, and returned the Transcends. Oh how I loved their price, but would they have died with important footage on them, or outlived my camera? I'll never know. I am new to CF cards (mainly have used SD cards and MiniDV tapes previously). I don't know if there is some kind of conspiracy with Canon only recommending certain brands, or if what they say about unrated cards is really true. I only gave these cards four stars because, well, they are very expensive, and perhaps the Transcends are, well, cheap. I just don't get why the SD cards are soooo much less expensive (even at equal speed) than the CF cards. But alas, it is what it is. Come on, Sandisk, you can come down a little on these, now that your 64GB Extreme Pro cards are going mainstream! Or, Transcend, be more honest in the performance ratings of your cards and work with manufacturers like Canon to get your cards certified. I'd have gladly paid $10 more each for Canon-certified Transcend cards to still beat the price of the Sandisks by a large margin.
on June 11, 2013
I don't understand why these cards are still priced so high. The fact that I can buy a micro-SD card with twice the storage at half the price or a hard drive with 30x the storage capacity at the same price baffles me. While the quality of the card is great, I don't see how these companies can justify ripping off photographers like they do. With that being said, I have yet to have a SanDisk product fail on me. Including this card.
on April 26, 2012
The SanDisk 32GB compact flash card is the workhorse of my video camera. I'm using a Canon XF100 camera (which I also reviewed here on Amazon) to make short subject videos and the SanDisk CF cards are doing a great job. The camera is recording at 50MB/s, getting close to the capability of this card. It has never let me down through heavy use, which includes recording to near full capacity and then deleting and recording again, sometimes twice a day. At the time of this writing, I've made more than 100 videos using the SanDisk CF cards to store the raw footage and they've worked perfectly, without a single incident. My camera allows for "hot swapping" of the cards because it has two slots. I was worried about a data error when removing a card, but it has worked great every time. I highly recommend this brand for this application. I also have the 16GB size.
on December 5, 2011
This card is fast and RELIABLE, I almost went for the transcend 600x (90mb/s) cards, but after extensive research and feasibility analysis, these cards provide the best bang for the buck. I bought 4 of them and will upgrade to the sandisk extreme pro UDMA7 cards once the 5D mark 3 in out and UDMA7 is more affordable ;)

For reliability, cost per gb, and speed, there is no other card out there as of Dec 2011 that trumps in terms of VALUE. Also, trusted brands offer peace of mind.... I have had sandisk cards in the past and never experienced failure
on June 7, 2010
I purchased this to use the 1080p HD video feature of the Canon EOS 5D MkII camera. This cards works great, and I'm able to long HD videos at full quality with none of the stuttering or missed frames I was seeing with slower cards.

Further, I am able to set the camera shooting mode to continuous and hold down the shutter with no problems. I've gotten up to 30 seconds at the 5D's 3.9fps with zero issues. This gives me awesome flexibility for shooting fast-paced events.

And obviously, the storage size on this card is simply huge. I love seeing my camera's display always saying "999" photos remaining (the largest number the 5D will show).

I would definitely purchase this again.