Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 152 reviews
on February 22, 2006
Do you remember the 5" floppies that held 300 kilobytes of storage? And then the great improvement of the 3-1/2" floppies that held 1.4 megabytes of storage? We thought that was a lot, and it was for a time when programs and data files were 50K, 100K and the really big ones 200K. But these days with MP3 and JPG and PDF files being many megabytes in size, SanDisk 1 GB Flash Drive is the way to go to move files from one machine to another. Just plug it into the usb2 port of one computer and it looks like another hard drive. Copy the data on it, put it in your pocket and take it to the next machine. Now plug it into the usb2 port of the other machine and you have moved the data from machine 1 to machine 2. Nothing could be easier.

The SanDisk 1 GB Flash Drive works as advertised. I think there can be no higher praise for it.
on August 29, 2005
Works just as advertised. I downloaded the Portable Thinderbird and Firefox apps, put on a password vault and copied My Documents to the 1GB drive space, synced Outlook files and I have what is essentially a ultra-portable computer. I can plug in anywhere, email and browse with all my bookmarks,slick as a whistle.

I did a mod to the cap to keep it with the drive. I took a 3-4" piece of clear nylon/plastic string/cord (my wife uses to bed necklaces with) and hot glued one end to the cap and I wove the other end up the laynard to the clip and hot glued it in place. Presto - Changeo no more lost caps. The cap pulls slack as needed from the laynard and when in place it pulls the slack back our from the line and keeps a trim appearance. Hey SanDisk, no charge for the design if you will just use it and save everyone the grief :-)
on May 11, 2005
This is my third product I got from Sand Disk. These people know their products, and always compatitive pricing with other memory products. The 1 Gig is fantastic. I was using a 512 MB and then I had two of them at the same time, when this product came in. I gave away my two 512 to my Mom, and Wife. This 1 Gig is fast. I used it alot, and comparing it with the old 512 I had; and it is fast. It works much better though with the USB 2.0 port, and it tells you when you hook it up to a regular USB port it gives you an advice about it will be faster and you will get the momory's full potential if it was a USB 2.0. So far Sand Disk has me hooked on their memory products. I have a SD 512 mb, an Ultra SD 512 for my ipaq (mobile phone), and now this. Never had any trouble with any of'em.
on June 24, 2012
This memory stick puts up with alot of abuse and keeps working. I highly recommend the Cruzer line, although going with something larger than 2gb might be more expensive.
on February 28, 2006
I've had a 64 meg stick before, but it just wasn't enough space. The Cruzer Mini has just enough space for my needs. Infact, I am writing this review from it using portable Firefox. I needed the item quickly so I paid the little bit extra for the 1 day shipping, and amazon is fast. I ordered it at 3 PM on day, and had it in my hand at 11 AM the next day. Only 20 hours later.

The small design is nice, it fits much better in computers that have the USB ports right next to eachother so you can still plug a mouse into the other USB port. I couldn't do that with my old bulky stick, I had to remove the mouse just to get the stick in.
on May 7, 2012
My SanDisk USB flash drive works perfectly. The plastic cover fits securely over the USB part and doesn't give me the impression that it'll get loose... or lost! The light at the opposite end turns on yellow when it's plugged into your computer, FYI. Would definitely recommend. PS- I've not used the security or encryption software that may come with the newer versions, so I don't have any experience with that feature/technology.
on August 1, 2006
The flash drive does exactly what a flash drive should do...it stores data with no questions or conditions. It's large 1 GB size makes transfer or storage of large volumes of data easy and efficient. I used it to transfer the contents of my hard drive when I purchased a new computer, and it saved me quite a bit of time.

The only downside of this particular model is that it is not built to fit on a keychain, which would be the most convienient method of carrying it around. This is why I give it only 4 stars and not 5.
It hardly gets any easier to store your BIG files than with SanDisk's 1 GB Cruzer Mini. We used to own only a 256 MB unit which did the job for the most part, but ran short of space when confronted with massive Photoshop and Illustrator files (which my wife typically needs to transport). Along came this 1 GB option and since then life has never been the same. No more sending ourselves large attachments over GMail. No more burning CDs left and right to transport big documents. This portable USB drive will change your life like it changed ours and without costing you too much!
on October 27, 2016
One of the old times' good USB disks
on October 2, 2005
I had the Cruzer mini 520 drive and it was great but I keep running out of space on the drive an was alway removing items. So when I desided to go with a bigger drive I know I would go with Sandisk. I got the 1GB mini cruzer and it worked great. easy set up no matter what OS I use between home and work and the software that came with the drive was nice too. If our looking for your first thumb drive or looking to upgrade this is a great dive.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.