- Brand Name: SanDisk
- Model Number: SDCZ7-4096-A11
- Memory Storage Capacity: 4.0 GB
- Form Factor: Hot Swappable Portable
- Hardware Platform: PC
SanDisk SDCZ7-4096-A11 4GB Ultra Cruzer Titanium USB Flash Drive (Silver) (SDCZ7-4096-A10RB)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- U3 smart enabled
- Retractable USB connector eliminates the need for caps
- Extremely rugged and smart USB flash drive
- Liquidmetal casing is crush-resistant to over 2,000 lbs
- Easily carry and transfer key documents, pictures, music and video clips
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Also Shopped For
From the Manufacturer
Includes Skype exclusively on all Cruzer Micro and Cruzer Titanium USB flash drives. Make voice and video calls from PC to PC anywhere in the world.
Cruzer Titanium allows you to easily store key documents, pictures, music & video clips and transfer them to another computer with a USB port. New retractable USB port eliminates the need for caps and protects your USB connector.
Cruzer Titanium also includes Skype, CruzerSync desktop synchronization, Avast antivirus, and SignupShield password manager.
- 4 GB capacity
- Retractable USB connector
- Dimensions: 7.14mm x 19.05mm x 57.94mm (D x W x L)
- Rugged Liquidmetal body
- Crush force exceeds 2000 lbs
- Laser etched graphics and finish
- U3 smart enabled
- Loaded with the following U3 compatible PC programs: CruzerSync synchronization tool, SignupShield password manager, SKYPE "Make video calls from PC to PC", AVAST virus scan
- Distinctive Blue LED
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified (backwards compatible with all USB 1.1 ports)
- USB Mass Storage Class Device
- Compatible with Windows 2000 SP4 and XP*
- Certified Windows 2000 and XP*
* U3 functionality only supported on Windows 2000 (SP4 and later) & XP OS
Top Customer Reviews
I just returned from the laundromat, where I left my 512MB Cruzer Titanium in a pair of pants. They went through the wash and I became aware of this when the Cruzer fell out of the pants in the dryer, making a hellacious racket in the process.
I pretty much figured that 2 years worth of menus and plate photos went down the drain; I'm a chef. When I got home, just on a whim, I hooked up the Cruzer, and it promptly lit up and it's icon flashed up on my desktop. The data was there, and unharmed.
Needless to say, I'm pretty damn impressed with my Cruzer. I'm in the process of buying a 4 gig Cruzer Titanium. I think the Cruzer did more damage to the dryer...
U3 is a new feature for flash drives. It comes pre-installed and acts like a separate operating system. It allows you to install programs on the drive which you can use on any machine.
- Programs like Firefox and Trillian can be used on machines with strict administrative rules.
- Great programs are available free from SanDisk and are super easy to install
- Bright Blue Light on the thumb button turns on when you insert the drive and off when it's safe to remove the drive.
- You can't install your own software
- U3 takes two drive letters, one for data and the other is a simulated cd-rom drive.
Also, this drive is ReadyBoost compatible. Anyone looking to use that feature on Vista should purchase this flash drive.
I deleted the U3 software and this works great as a standard memory stick.
My review is for Apple OS X 10.1.2+ users who may want one. SanDisk's website and most sellers, say it is only for Windows. I emailed SanDisk's technical staff. You can use it on OS X 10.1.2+, but you can't use the U3 programs. Incidentally, many PC users neither want nor use U3 either.
You need a PC friend to download the little program from the SanDisk website that deletes U3 on your SanDisk in his USB port. Then, use your Mac's Disk Utility to Erase Free Space, Name and Volume Format in Mac OS Extended (journaled) for full storage capacity. Well worth the effort. The SanDisk is good looking, functional and nearly bulletproof. It's MUCH easier than it sounds. Just go step by step.
I did this and it works beautifully with my iMac G4 running OS X 10.4.11!
If you have a new Intel Mac, you don't even need a PC friend.
I just received the second SanDisk flash drive and had a very different experience. After inserting it, the menu described above never appeared. Instead, the U3 software installed and there was a system tray icon and a second icon on the lower right corner of my Desktop. I went to Settings to uninstall U3 and received a message saying that wasn't possible because I had two U3 drives operating (not true). I downloaded the U3 uninstall utility from SanDisk's website and received the same message. Other people reported this problem on SanDisk's forum and none of the suggested remedies (disconnecting the printer cable, disabling other USB drive ports) worked for me. Also, the extension on the second flash drive was an even tighter fit and impossible to insert in some USB ports. I'm returning the second unit to Amazon for a refund.
The SanDisk Cruzer Titanium appears to be a physically sturdy unit but I could do without the oversized USB extensions and the inexplicable difficulty uninstalling the U3 software in the second flash drive I received.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the second SanDisk Cruzer Titanium flash drive that I have purchased. As a student, I am always in need of memory sticks/flash drives. Read morePublished on April 18, 2013 by kat
Perfect in every way, especially price. For my purposes this satisfies my needs in every way, if you are looking for a bargain, this is it!Published on February 13, 2013 by Leon W. Oliver
So I actually have been looking for a new USB drive seemingly forever. The reason? Because my current drive, this Sandisk Titanium 4GB is nothing like what are on the market... Read morePublished on December 14, 2012 by T for Tony
I have accumulated quite a few flash drives over the years. Some I have bought for myself, like my fairly fast 16-32GB Transcend flash drives. Read morePublished on April 8, 2012 by Aging Boomer
Once again, SanDisk comes through with top-notch gear. This drive is faster than my older Titanium 4G Cruzer, and it is as sleek and crushproof as always. I love these drives.Published on October 21, 2011 by Mark Richter
I'm not much of a Tech head, and I have often considered utilizing something in the Tech world to store my FAVORITE ENTERTAIMENT, MUSIC! Read morePublished on June 1, 2011 by Dia
Folks, if you're looking for the correct SanDisk 4GB Titanium BLUE-LED light flash drive, then look no further! THIS is DEFINITELY the one with the original, BLUE-LED light!! Read morePublished on April 16, 2011 by G_Phantom