- Built-in Microphone
SanDisk Sansa Clip 4 GB MP3 Player (Silver)
- Tiny, ultra-portable 4 GB MP3 player
- Plays MP3, WMA, secure WMA, and Audible audio file formats
- FM tuner with 40 preset channels
- Up to 15 hours of play time with internal rechargeable battery
- Voice recording with built-in microphone
Top-Rated Portable Bluetooth Speakers
Check out our recommended portable Bluetooth speakers from your favorite brands such as Bose, Beats, and Philips. Shop now.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Sansa® Clip 4GB MP3 Player
Clip it on and roll
For the movers and the shakers who want to shed the baggage of a bigger MP3 player—it’;s time to get the skinny on the Sansa® Clip player. Offering five colors to choose from, this lightweight MP3 player delivers major sound for its matchbox size, and storage capacity of up to 2GB*. And with its smart design, you can clip your Sansa® Clip player to your bag, pants or sleeves, allowing you to enjoy all the perks of an MP3—hands-free.
Keep up to 1,000*** songs at the ready wherever you go. Or tune into FM radio for news and fresh music anytime.
With the built-in microphone, you can record memos, lectures or all those unexpected, mic-worthy moments throughout your day. When you're ready, transfer your files to your PC for listening and sharing.
The Sansa® Clip player plays MP3, WMA, secure WMA and Audible file formats. Connect via USB cable to your computer for charging or synchronizing.
Sort it out
A compact MP3 player with a screen, the Sansa® Clip player makes navigation simple, so you can sort your music, FM stations and audio books ease.
So what's in the box?
Sansa® Clip MP3 player, Clip accessory, USB 2.0 transfer cable, earphones, promotional inserts, and quick start guide.
* 1 gigabyte (GB) =1 billion bytes. Some capacity not available for data storage.
** Based on continuous playback at 128kbps; actual life and performance may vary depending upon usage and settings; battery not replaceable.
*** Approximation based on 4-minute songs at 128kbps.
Choose Sansa®, a smarter way to play
Sansa® products are brought to you by SanDisk, the minds behind flash memory. Around the world, wherever people take pictures, listen to music, use cell phones—or do much of anything at all with digital devices—you’;ll probably find SanDisk products. Maybe that’;s why, after more than 20 years in the business, SanDisk has never stopped innovating.
Top Customer Reviews
It has achieved that and a LOT more. I never even use my iPod at home anymore! I'm actually thinking of returning it (Costco gives cash back forever) and buying four or five of these to give away as gifts!
I initially bought a shuffle and returned it the same day because it had no way of bookmarking in my audio books-- a chapter is often more than an hour.
Next I bought the smallest Sony Walkman mp3 player... it was very sexy and sleek, and about twice the size of the Sansa clip... but I couldn't load my Audible.com files onto it, so that was returned the next day.
After what seemed like a full week spent in BestBuy I finally settled on the Sansa 4GB Clip and could not be happier.
It's ridiculously small, AND (unlike the iPod shuffle) it has a display. I don't know about you all, but bookmarks aside, not being able to choose a song now and then, or confirm who is performing one when I am unsure, that would drive me crazy!
It is PERFECT for my Audible content. It actually asks when you first hook it up to the PC if you want to sync with Audible Manager. You can also simply go to the Audible Manager and "add device" and follow the steps to activate the Sansa. That way you can just add the specific books you want and not attempt to sync your entire library if you have a lot. I've been a member of Audible.com for nearly ten years and getting two books a month you can imagine the size of my library by now.Read more ›
- Small, compact, light-weight, and better looking than pictured (as is the case with the 1MB, 2MB and 4MB versions). The 4MB has a very cool, beautiful mirrored finish. But I would recommend you buy a silicone case or something to protect this finish and the player itself.
- Crisp, bright display but as mention in other reviews, because of the mirrored finish it can be a bit hard to see in the sunlight
- The clip in the back, hence the name, which makes it easy to attach the player onto your pockets, an armband, or anywhere you want to clip this unit.
- Awesome sound coming out of this little player. The better the headphones you attach the better the sound. But even with the included headphones, very nice sound.
- Better value than the 4MB iPod nano that I was considering purchasing. Way more features and most importantly, it has a radio. Not sure why after all these years Apple never seemed fit to put FM tuners on their players.
- I like that there's a mute button for the radio as opposed to having to turn the volume all the way down.
- There's radio broadcast recording.
- A voice recorder
- The unit has an on-the-go playlist. You can compile all your favorite songs at an instant.
- You can drop and drag songs and create playlists right onto the player itself. You don't have to use another program such as iTunes or Winamp. You will find out once you get the Sandisk Sansa Clip that Sandisk recommends that you use the Rhapsody player program, which you can download and use for free and works best for editing the songs and playlists on the unit.Read more ›
+ good sound
+ nice capacity for a decent price
+ FM tuner with 40 presets!!!
+ voice recording
+ nice design and color options
+ Nice format compatibility (MP3, DRM WMA, WMA, Audible)
+ USB 1.1 and 2.0 connectivity
+ Can be used as a USB drive / mass storage
+ Can sync music with drag & drop or via software
+ 15 hours battery life is better than Creative Zen Stone Plus or iPod Shuffle
- larger body than the 2nd and 3rd generation iPod shuffles
The new Sandisk Sansa Clip has the advantages of the iPod shuffle with some of the compatibility, feature, and price benefits of other MP3 players. Unlike the Sansa Express, which you can plug in directly into your USB port, the clip uses a standard USB B cable.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
As long as they keep making the Clips, I'll keep buying them. I've never found a better player for runs. And no s***ty DRM. Easy, basic interface.Published 1 month ago by quinneth
I've owned many different types of Mp3 players and MD players but nothing was compared to this. This thing can output the same if not better quality compared to my ipod and apple... Read morePublished 3 months ago by ge0h
Its the perfect mp3 player ever. Can record FM radio on the go, and can also make playlists, along with record your own voice. Read morePublished 15 months ago by LizNguyen
I think I like it. I haven’t seen it in so long, I barely remember it.Published 19 months ago by Roger K.
Although this came highly recommended, I had a difficult time operating it. My friend loves her recorder player but it wasn't a good fit for me.Published on July 31, 2014 by Camp
I bought three new SanDisk players in the last six years.
All went to hell after two years.
Never again a SanDisk player!
I bought one in black. It quit working altogether, but I liked it while it worked. I thought maybe it was defective, and I replaced it with a blue one just like the first. Read morePublished on January 20, 2014 by Casey Houston
This is an update to a previous model we have had for years and still use. We got this one for more memory and thus more music for those long walks. Read morePublished on January 11, 2014 by TBICOM