Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3-Year MP3 Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
SanDisk Sansa Clip 2 GB MP3 Player (Red) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Robust and portable 2 GB MP3 player
- Supports MP3, WMA, and secure WMA music file playback
- Speedy USB 2.0 connectivity
- Easy-to-read backlit screen
- Built-in voice-recording feature
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
SanDisk 8GB Clip Jam MP3 Player (Green)
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
AGPTEK A26 8GB Bluetooth MP3 Player, Sports Clip Hi-Fi Sound Music Player with FM Radio, 1.1 Inch OLED Screen, Sweatproof Silicone Case, Support up to 64GB, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||CESAR'S BAZAAR||Amazon.com||B&A Marketing||Linking Port|
|Item Dimensions||1.35 x 2.17 x 0.65 in||1.6 x 0.63 x 2.6 in||1.4 x 2.2 x 0.6 in||1.33 x 2.12 x 0.51 in|
|Item Weight||4 ounces||0.8 ounces||0.8 ounces||2.4 ounces|
|Supported Standards||MP3||MP3, WMA (no DRM), AAC (DRM-free iTunes), and Audible (DRM only)||MP3;WMA;FLAC;Audible;Ogg Vorbis||MP3/WMA/APE/FLAC/WAV/AAC|
D1) SANDISK CLIP MP3 - 2GB Red
Sansa® Clip MP3 Player
Clip it on and roll
For the movers and the shakers who want to shed the baggage of a bigger MP3 player—it’;s time to get the skinny on the Sansa® Clip player. Offering five colors to choose from, this lightweight MP3 player delivers major sound for its matchbox size, and storage capacity of up to 2GB*. And with its smart design, you can clip your Sansa® Clip player to your bag, pants or sleeves, allowing you to enjoy all the perks of an MP3—hands-free.
Keep up to 500*** songs at the ready wherever you go. Or tune into FM radio for news and fresh music anytime.
With the built-in microphone, you can record memos, lectures or all those unexpected, mic-worthy moments throughout your day. When you're ready, transfer your files to your PC for listening and sharing.
The Sansa® Clip player plays MP3, WMA, secure WMA and Audible file formats. Connect via USB cable to your computer for charging or synchronizing.
Sort it out
A compact MP3 player with a screen, the Sansa® Clip player makes navigation simple, so you can sort your music, FM stations and audio books ease.
So what's in the box?
Sansa® Clip MP3 player, Clip accessory, USB 2.0 transfer cable, earphones, promotional inserts, and quick start guide.
* 1 gigabyte (GB) =1 billion bytes. Some capacity not available for data storage.
** Based on continuous playback at 128kbps; actual life and performance may vary depending upon usage and settings; battery not replaceable.
*** Approximation based on 4-minute songs at 128kbps.
Choose Sansa®, a smarter way to play
Sansa® products are brought to you by SanDisk, the minds behind flash memory. Around the world, wherever people take pictures, listen to music, use cell phones—or do much of anything at all with digital devices—you’;ll probably find SanDisk products. Maybe that’;s why, after more than 20 years in the business, SanDisk has never stopped innovating.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Superb volume control, it actually can be turned up TOO loud, even for my rocknroll ears.
2) Excellent intuitive design - very easy to use, good music sorting and playing features.
3) Truly beautiful, whether turned on or off. It has very nice blue lighting when you turn it on all around the dial.
4) Plays SHUFFLE well, a feature which lesser players always are lacking in.
5) the builtin CLIP is an awesome plus. You can just clip it to your shirt or pants, or whatever else turns you on, in case you are short on pockets.
6) very low footprint. its about one inch wide, just under 2 inches long and maybe
a third of an inch deep with the clip.
7) has a builtin rechargeable battery, rated to play 15 hours between charges and seems to fully charge in roughly 3 hours. Haven't had it long enough yet to comment on the battery, other than to say this is far preferable to using AAs.
8) superb sound
9) turns on and off QUICKLY (2 secs max). you may wonder why i mention this, but my prior piece of garbage MP3 player took 30 seconds+ to turn on or off.
10) The firmware is absurdly simple to upgrade via the SANDISK website.
11) The clip is easily REMOVABLE, which makes the player lighter and thinner if you don't need to clip it.
1) the on/off button is my least favorite sliding type. I far prefer the on/off design of the slightly pricier SONY WALKMAN
2) 2 GIGS is too small if you have a LOT of music (you'll fit roughly 400 songs)
3) The battery doesn't last all that long and the indicator of how much is left leaves a lot to be desired - I'd prefer if it showed minutes remaining until death, but all you get is a segmented bar which isn't all that accurate.
Worst drawback of all is if you fully charge the battery, then do not use the player for a week or 2, you will find the battery DEAD when you next want to use it. It seems to burn battery slowly even when turned off.
4) You'd think it's simple, just plug into USB port and use filer manage to copy your songs, BUT there's a really complicated trick they mention NOWHERE in the manual that WINDOWS can see this device as either MTP or MSC, and if you copy files to it in MTP mode, then the next connection sees it as MSC, all your files will seem to vanish. Make sure you DO NOT install the MTP driver unless you require it for Rhapsody or some other nonsense. Stay in MSC mode and file management will be much easier, but this should definitely be made very clear up front in the manual, and it is not.
OVERALL: If you enjoy wasting money, buy an IPOD - if you enjoy a quality product at a great price, buy a SONY WALKMAN.
The SONY is IN A CLASS BY ITSELF. If you want the best buy the SONY NWZE354 Walkman. But the SANSA is $20 less expensive and a winner in its own right if you can tolerate the battery issues.
In my mind it is worth the extra $20 to hold 4 times the music and have a superior interface with a best in universe 50 hour battery - you be the judge. Or if you have money trees growing in your yard and need to torch some cash mindlessly, and are easily swayed by trendy tech toys that will get you oohs and aahs from fellow cultists, spring for the Crapple Igod.
That being said, I am extremely happy with my Sansa player! The sound quality is amazing. The player is much smaller than I thought it would be. It's cute and easy to use; the display is small and easy to read. I found it very easy to convert my iTunes to .mp3s, and then I just had to drag and drop. Even with the conversion, I like this better than the iPod, since it's a little easier to configure the sync. (I should mention that there is some issue with size in converting iTunes to .mp3s. From what I understand, the iTunes conversion creates a "fatter" file than an original .mp3, so if you have a lot of iTunes music, you may want to consider that when deciding what storage capacity you need.)
The player features shuffle, hold, FM radio, voice memo, and customizable equalizer, besides the usual controls. It's small and cute, and so far, the earbuds fit nicely (haven't tried running with it yet). Volume control is on the unit.
This is a very reasonable option to the iPod line, and I might even say better, since this player is cheaper and more configurable. I'll come back and revise the review when I take it running, and if any problems pop up.
Compare it to the Apple iPod shuffle 1 GB Silver (2nd Generation)and be prepared for a surprise. Not only does this Sansa Clip have double the memory at about the same price, it also has the great display and menu function, which we find essential. You'd have to upgrade to the $140 Apple iPod nano 4 GB Silver (3G)for that! Plus you can add/remove as many songs as you want at any time ~ full "synching" is NOT required EVER! My husband's $250 Apple 30 GB iPod AAC/MP3 Video Player Black (5.5 Generation)can't even do that... it takes ages to "synch" that darn thing!
Another feature the Sansa has over many other MP3s is a long-playing battery that recharges (quickly!) when plugged into your PC's USB port, so it's very convenient to recharge while adding your latest downloads.
I bought this for my son's 11th birthday ~ partly so I could get my older SanDisk* back from him, but mostly because he's really getting into his own music. The key features I was looking for were durability, cost value, and ease of use (he can manage all the music functions and add/remove MP3s himself). This little Sansa Clip has all of those in spades!
*(The SanDisk Sansa m250 2 GB MP3 Player (Black) is a really good player, but nowhere near as feature-rich or compact as this awesome little Sansa Clip!)
Of course the biggest benefits of any MP3 player for parents is that we don't have to share our children's taste in music (not Crazy Frog AGAIN!) or the volume, though I do check frequently to make sure he's not listening to it too loudly.
And last, but not least, this thing is very tiny and VERY cool looking! I'd say it's adorable, but that would sound "girly" and it's not, it's just an awesome little MP3 player! Highly recommended! (And now I want one too!) ~KT