- AC Power Adapter Supplied: No
- Audible Support: Yes
- Audio Output Connections: 3.5mm Jack
- Battery Life: Music: 24 hours Video: 5 hours
- Bluetooth: No
SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)
- Listen, watch, and play all day with 24 hours of battery life and room for up to 1,000 songs
- Watch your favorite video clips or share your photos on the 1.9-inch color screen
- Digital FM radio with 40 preset stations
- Voice recording with built-in microphone
- Expand your existing 4 GB memory with the microSD/microSDHC slot
There is a newer model of this item:
Top-Rated Portable Bluetooth Speakers
Check out our recommended portable Bluetooth speakers from your favorite brands such as Bose, Beats, and Philips. Shop now.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Your portable music machine with 4 GB of storage. (Click image to view larger.)
The MicroSD/SDHC memory card slot means storage possibilities are essentially unlimited. (Click image to view larger.)
Smaller than a credit card and as thin as a pencil, the new Sansa Fuze MP3 player looks great--and has the brains to match. (Click image to view larger.)
Smaller than a credit card and as thin as a pencil, the new Sansa Fuze MP3 player looks great--and has the brains to match. With room for up to 1,000 songs**, you can listen all day long. Jam to FM radio with 40 preset stations, play with the built-in voice recorder, and listen to your favorite audiobooks wherever you go. And with 24 hours of battery life, you're free to listen, watch, and play all day--literally.
Watch Your Favorite Videos
The Sansa Fuze comes with 4 GB of built-in memory enough to store 12-hour video playback segments. Watch your favorite video clips from wherever you are. To ensure speedy file transfers, the unit features a USB 2.0 connection. Simply connect the player to a PC, and start dragging files from your Windows Media Player 10 or 11 applications.
With an option to extend the capacity, its MicroSD/SDHC memory card slot means storage possibilities are essentially unlimited. Expand your music collection, show albums of photos with up to 2,000 images**, and watch your favorite videos on those long trips.
The player supports MPEG4 video files and audio files saved in MP3, secure and unsecured WMA, WAV, Audible, and Overdrive file formats.
If you're feeling like a break from your own tunes, or want to dial in the TV frequency at the gym, use the digital FM tuner. Save your favorites on the 40 user presets.
Use the voice recorder with built-in microphone to take memos, record meetings or lectures, or capture whatever else you might feel inclined to point a microphone at. When you're ready, transfer your files for listening on your PC.
What's in the Box
SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB MP3 player (black), earphones, USB 2.0 cable, quick start guide
* 1 gigabyte (GB) = 1 billion bytes; some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions; thus, it is not available for data storage
** Based on continuous audio playback at 128 kpbs MP3; video playback at 512 kbps/ MPEG 4; photos based on 1.7 MB average file size; battery life and performance might vary depending upon usage and settings; battery not replaceable.
From the Manufacturer
Keep hundreds of tunes or hours of audiobook listening at the ready wherever you go. Or tune into FM radio for news and fresh music anytime. And you've got up to 24 hours for audio playback and 5 hours of video playback with your internal rechargeable battery***.
Keep hours of home video or your favorite movies at the ready--and load them onto your Sansa Fuze player quickly thanks to USB 2.0 connection. Just drag and drop files from your Windows Media Player 10 or 11 applications.
With the built-in microphone, you can record memos, lectures or all those unexpected, mic-worthy moments throughout your day. When you're ready, transfer the files to your PC for listening and sharing.
Storage possibilities are essentially unlimited because, unlike other MP3 players, you can swap out the memory card. So get a bigger card or start a memory card library to hold your whole universe of entertainment.
The Sansa Fuze player supports MPEG-4 video files and audio files saved in MP3, secure and unsecured WMA, WAV, Audible and Overdrive file formats**.
So what's in the box?
SanDisk Sansa Fuze MP3 player, earphones, USB 2.0 cable, quick start guide.
* 1 gigabyte (GB) = 1 billion bytes. Some capacity not available for data storage.
** Approximation based on 4-minute songs at 128kbps.
*** Approximation based on 512kbps video stream.
* Based on 2MB average file size.
** Videos (MPEG-4) Music (MP3, WMA, secure WMA and audio book file formats), Photos (JPEG). For additional specifications, please go to sansa.com for more information.
*** Based on continuous audio playback at 128kbps MP3; video playback at 512kbps/MPEG4; battery life and performance may vary depending upon usage and settings; battery not replaceable.
|Choose Sansa, a smarter way to play Sansa products are brought to you by SanDisk, the minds behind flash memory. Around the world, wherever people take pictures, listen to music, use cell phones--or do much of anything at all with digital devices--you'll probably find SanDisk products. Maybe that's why, after more than 20 years in the business, SanDisk has never stopped innovating.|
Top Customer Reviews
- Very nice screen and just big enough that if you were stuck on a plane, watching a movie still is an enjoyable experience.
- Simple and very intuitive interface. I love the fact that the iPod-like wheel actually rotates.
- Expansion via MicroSD cards is a great feature. I was able to swap the MicroSD card between my BlackBerry and the Fuze and be able to share images, and music.
- The FM Radio and ability to record from it is one of the coolest features. There's something about the randomness about radio that I still really like. And the ability to record a song that I don't already have can save you some money.
- I haven't used the external mic yet, but I think that's a neat feature to have when you have a thought and want to record it. I can think of several times where I've had a thought and wasn't able to write it down.
- The most frustrating experience I've had with the Fuze is the ability to get Video transferred. I've tried multiple formats and have been very unsuccessful in finding the right format to use. This is the main reason I've not given it a full 5 star review. Of course it's ridiculous to think that this would be a 'Movie' player. However, I have some great concerts that I would love being able to watch as well as listen to. I'm not interested in watching a movie.
- The on/off switch is great if you want to make sure that you don't accidentially turn on/off.Read more ›
Player 11 quickly and easily. I have mostly older CD's that I wanted to rip to file and then sync. Most all of the cover art was available with WMP11 and it rolled seamlessly into the Fuze. Several view modes while playing , one with the EQ, one with the cover art enlarged, one with time of song and time left etc;. Screen is big enough to suit my needs and it plays very well through the aux jack in my car. Battery seems to last longer than some. I would say the only drawback is that this battery is NOT replaceable according to Sansa, so hope it lasts awhile. Overall the price is great and the ease of carrying a few Micro SDHC cards give it unlimited potential. Great unit.
UPDATE: After having this a couple weeks, I would give it 5 stars, GREAT little unit...With the Fuze itself and the 4 Gig Micro SDHC card, I now have 2163 songs on it. I also had a 2 gig card with a 150 songs on it and counting. Performs flawlessly.
UPDATE 2: Dec.19,2008. I still have had no problems with mine. No skipping, or ticks. And no problem with a myriad of different headsets.
I'm sure its possible to get defective units, as anything produced in mass quantity is going to have a few slip through with a defect or two. But, from my point of view.....no problem
UPDATE 3: Jul 10, 2009. One minor drawback.Read more ›
The display is plenty large and legible. The controls have a good, solid feel, and navigation is really fairly intuitive once you get used to using the thumb wheel.
Although you can drag and drop music to the Fuze using Windows Explorer, I recommend creating playlists on Windows Media Player 11 and syncing them to the Fuze. The output leveling capability of WMP11 greatly reduces the problem of different volume levels among music files so you can shuffle your music without having to constantly adjust the volume.
I definitely recommend the Sansa Fuze. It's a bargain for its quality.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Listen, watch, and play all day with 24 hours of battery life and room for up to 1,000 songs
Watch your favorite video clips or share your photos on the 1. Read more
This is a great mp3 player. I've had mine for several years now and it still works great. It has a intuitive interface and is very easy to use. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Mattyice23
Second one I've owned. First one accidentally got thrown in the washer (my bad). Works great.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
This mp3 player worked so well, until I accidentally spilled Mountain Dew VOltage in the wheel, and now it sticks. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Hannah205
I've had it forever. Always worked well. I have moved on to more current technology.Published 5 months ago by sb