Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 10, 2014
I am not sure what to do with this thing - whether to return it (and spend the shipping $ on that) or just keep it "as-is" and use it sparingly, or what. I wouldn't recommend purchasing it though - the 32 GB slimmer one works much faster. Also, it's missing more than 1 GB of the advertised size, and no, that can't be blamed on "rounding up." It still functions, though at one point, I could swear that everything I put into a folder I had created just disappeared into thin air. If I could return this without paying the shipping for it, I would. It's not the best deal I ever got on Amazon. Usually, my purchases are just fine here. Not this time.
on March 18, 2015
I purchased a couple of these a few years ago for home and work. When my adult kids got new laptops, I wanted a couple to give to them so they'd have a fresh "backup" of a new laptop before all the added downloads. My only negative was that the laptops are 2014/2015 models and this was not "new" enough to accept their new computer features. I will still use it to back up programs, but will have to research and find something else for what I'd hoped to accomplish. The Seller was fast ship
on September 18, 2009
THIS THING SUCKS!!! I have always used SanDisk products because they were so much faster and better quality. I was really exited that this item would backup with just the push of a button but I was quickly disappointed. Setup was slow, confusing and clunky. The backup time took 2 hr's where as Windows Backup only took 10 minutes to backup the same data. There is an option to pay more $ for an upgraded version of the backup software but after seeing how badly this worked I wasn't willing to shell out even more money. I stripped out all the software and now have an overpriced jump drive. SanDisk should be ashamed of the way they are fleecing the consumer with this product. Save the extra $ and just buy a regular flash drive.
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2013
I was able to back up my entire hard drive on my office computer and didn't have to "baby sit" while it did it's job. NOTHING is better than having to use on one back up Flash Drive as opposed to 6 DVRs. DVR back up is OLD school compared to this. I purchased two. One for my office and one for my laptop. Because of medical issues, sitting at my desk causes issues, even if only for an hour or two (which btw DVRs will take to back up) So I do all my work on my lap top from my chair in the comfort of my family room, back it up on to this Flash Drive, then just walk it into the office in the back of my house and zip - it uploads without a hitch. Best thing, with other flash drives, I noticed that the backed up files were not easily restored to the computer, this one backs up exactly what you want, and when transferred to my office computer, I can open the file and it's the same as if I'd done the work on my office computer. I'm not a Computer Whiz, therefore I LOVE how well this works. I'd use nothing else.
on August 10, 2010
This is an awsome product. love the fact that you can set it up to back up. the password option is one of the main reasons i love it. if you were to lose it and the person that finds it does not know the password, they cannot see your data. its a matter of fact, if they dont get the correct password after 10 tries, all the data will be erased. beware, if you forget your password, you are screwed. use a password that you will not forget. the only drawback is that if you are using windows 7, the loaded software will not work. you have to go to their website and download the version that does work with win 7.
on November 6, 2013
I got a great deal on this. I ordered a 16 GB, and received a 32 GB. It works just fine, although I'm not sure how to use the backup button. I plugged it into my Linux based computer, and pressed the button. Nothing happened. But It still let me put files on it and stuff. Good deal.
on February 1, 2016
Really nice!!!
on October 24, 2011
I bought this and returned it the same day. Don't fall for the fancy graphics. Mine came loose in a bag by itself with no packaging or UPC label, no documentation, and NO BACKUP utility.
on February 7, 2011
I didn't seem to have a problem with this Flash as some people had posted. It works fine and it does the job that I intended for it to do. But what i'm thinking is that it works well on the Vista system and others that it states for it to be used on. Other than that great product!
on May 20, 2010
I bought it mainly for the slide in feature, i want to keep the pins safe and safe from damage, it works great and i like being able to disable what i dont want. Its user friendly as well. No power hub needed.