Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 2,837 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,035 reviews
on January 5, 2014
I have used Sandisk flash cards almost exclusively since 2003 and have only once had a failure requiring me to use Remo Recover to extract photos from a corrupted card. That's a pretty good record, and I trust Sandisk more than any other brand to not crash on me when I am taking important photos. This particular card was purchased for use with a Canon 6D and Canon 60D. As a 30 MB/s class 10, it has more than enough bandwidth to shoot 20 megapixel RAW still images in bursts of up to 10, and Video clips up to 1920x1080 at 30 Fps. These Canon DSLR's capture MOV video at a very high data rate, about 6 MB/s, but this card can handle it, at least for clips up to 5 minutes long. If you shoot a lot of video from a DSLR, you might be better off with the Sandist Extreme, which is a 45 MB/s card, but these are substantially more expensive. NOTE: The "30 MB/s" rating on the card is READ speed only! The Write speed is much less, about 10 MB/sec, but this should be fast enough to keep up with my Canon 6D videos. When shopping for SD cards, keep in mind that the "sweet spot" in terms of Price/Capacity changes frequently: only a year ago, the 8 Gb cards were the best value, and I expect that by summer of 2014, the 32 Gb cards will be a better value than this 16 Gb card. Another issue to keep in mind is that the larger the card, the more photos it can carry, and consequently, the more photos you put at risk should something happen to the card. A 64Gb card might be able to hold all the photos of an entire 2 week vacation trip, but do you really want to put your entire vacation on that one card? What if the camera were to be stolen the last day of your trip? I suggest that you might to consider using several smaller cards, like the 4 Gb or 8 Gb size and have no more than one day of photos on each card, stored separately from your camera pack so that you don't lose all the photos should that pack be lost or stolen. Of course, if you are downloading your camera cards to a laptop or backup storage each night, the loss of a large card isn't so much of a concern.

SUMMARY: This Sandisk SD card offers excellent Price/Performance/Capacity (as of Janjuary 2014), and Sandisk's reputation for reliability. The rated performance of 30 Mb/s read speed, and 10 Mb/s Write speed are enough for most digital cameras up to 20 megapixels for either stills or HD video. If your camera skips frames or refuses to shoot video with this card, you probably need to upgrade to the 45 Mb/s Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Pro cards.
on March 29, 2012
I purchased the 32gb version . Its spacious and has great read speeds but the write speed is mediocre compared to my AmazonBasics 16gb microsd that gets 24MBps read and 22MBps write
Using a Transcend USB 3.0 card reader I get
On ATTO 45MBps read ; 14 MBps write
and on CrystalMark 45MBps ; 13 MBps write
22 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Fast, flawless memory for my cameras. Although I do have a few chips from other manufacturers, these are the best. I've never gotten a bad one or had one fail me despite heavy usage -- frequently taking it out of the camera to be read in the computer, then clearing and reinserting it into a camera. These chips are fast and improve my camera's response time regardless of which camera I am using (I have three).

I have never had a problem with a SanDisk chip. Any SanDisk chip of any size or type. They seem to have superb quality control. I have had problems with other chips from different manufacturers, especially the ones that seem to come "free" with "kit" purchases of various types. I keep those for emergencies, but all my workhorse chips are now SanDisk.

I wait until they are on sale, then buy a couple at a time. I prefer to use many medium size chips to just a few bigger ones. Huge ones just encourage me to over shoot or download too infrequently. That being said, 8 GB is a pretty good size chip, even if your are shooting RAW+jpg.

I don't think you can go wrong with a SanDisk Class 10 of any size.
I have always been afraid to use large flash cards because, if something goes wrong, you risk losing a LOT of photos. (I am a great believer in not putting too many eggs in one basket). As file sizes get larger with the newer digital cameras, however, it becomes uncomfortable to have to frequently change flash cards when you use smaller capacities. So it was with great hesitation that I worked my way up to these 16GB cards. Luckily, I am now on my 3rd and haven't had a single problem, let alone a failure.

They are fast, reliable, easy to read in most readers and, even though I fill them up fast and re-use them frequently, I have found them to be dependable and have (for the most part) lost my eggs/basket phobia.
Over the years, I have used many memory cards from the Sandisk Ultra-series. Their earlier cards (such as SanDisk Ultra 16GB SDHC SDSDRH-016G-A11) were called 'class-4'. But later cards in the same series were labeled as 'class-6'. Now this SanDisk Ultra 32 GB SDHC SDSDU-032G-AFFP is even marketed as 'class-10'. The cynic in me has to ask: are those the same card being sold at different prices? So I used three different benchmark programs to measure the performance of this Sandisk class-10 card, and compared against my other class-10 SDHC cards of various brands.

First, I used a benchmark program called "H2testw v1.4" to find out the write speed for large (1GB) files. This is essentially the same as the sequential-write speed used for SD card speed ratings. To qualify as a class-10 card, the card must be able to sustain sequential-write speed of 10MB/s.

Here are the Write speeds for all my class-10 SDHC cards: (Note that their Read speeds are all around 18MB/s, which is limited by the card reader I'm using)
HP CG790A : 15.1MB/s
Transcend TS16GSDHC10E : 14.6MB/s
PNY P-SDHC16G10 : 13.6MB/s
Kingston SD10G2/16GB: 10.7MB/s
- Sandisk Ultra 32GB class-10 (this product): 10.6MB/s
Wintec Filemate 3FMSD32GBC10-R: 10.2MB/s

As we can see, the Sandisk Ultra ranked near the bottom even though it still qualifies as a class-10. This looks disappointing so far. However, the results from other benchmark programs ("Flash Memory Toolkit v2.0" and "CrystalDiskMark 3.01") were more impressive. The Sandisk Ultra card delivered excellent write speed for both large and small files, while most other cards performed poorly for smaller files (see pictures I uploaded to 'Customer Images' section for details).

Of course, the REAL benchmark needs to be done in the actual application. For that, I inserted each card in my Canon Rebel T1i, set it to save both RAW and JPEG formats, then took 10 consecutive shots in burst mode. The Sandisk Ultra card ranked right in the middle among my class-10 cards in this case. It took 23.8 seconds to save all 250MB of data. For comparison, my fastest card (HP class 10) took just 16.7s to finish, while the slowest class-10 card (Wintec Filemate) took 28.3s.

Bottom Line:
This Sandisk Ultra SDHC card meets the minimum Write speed requirement of 'class-10' card, and it performs equally well for writing large or small files. That means it will work reliably in any appliance that requires a class-10 card. However, it is not the fastest amoung all budget-priced calss-10 SDHC cards I have tested. The HP class-10 card, for example, gives 40% faster write speed for about the same price, so it is a better value.
review image review image review image
on January 25, 2016
Fast memory, perfect amount of storage, great value price, and long lasting. I have been using this card for over 2 years in an audio recorder now. I have made dozens of recordings, edits, file transfers with computers, card readers, etc. and this thing has worked like a champ everytime. I'll update the review if and when it ever fails but so far it is cranking away and performing at or above my expectation level.
on January 14, 2014
very reliable, used in canon 2500 tiny little camera where you can put 3753 photos of that 18 megapixel tiny sensor,
and on the canon M with a relatively huge sensor in a little body, did not give me any problems ... I AM ready to order
more 32 gb cards from the same manufacturer ... The photos on canon 2500 are 16 mp 4608 x 3456 and thats awesome, not to mention more than an hour of video ... on canon M you can put 1962 largest photos of 18 mp 5184 x 3456, with this huge sensor its an incredible deal ...
review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 17, 2013
I bought this to replace a SanDisk 4GB memory card in a Canon A1100 and is has been functioning properly. The write speed is nothing to get excited about - I tried this card in a DSLR and for some reason write speed isn't as fast as a SanDisk 16GB in the same camera. Apparently it meets the Class 10 performance specs but doesn't go above and beyond. Overall, it's a good quality flash memory card, but I wish I could use the faster 16GB in the A1100.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 12, 2013
Always trust SanDisk for quality products, and this one is no exception. A MUST HAVE for those who's camers take photos using higher MP. You take high resolution photos, a 2 mp card holds nothing........especially when going on vacations.
You need at least 1 of these in your camera's accessory bag. The Ultra is nice for those occassional Video's you take using your NON video camera. Fast capture, smooth playback........ Thanks for another great product SanDisk
I switched from Transcend cards because one of their cards failed. SanDisk has always worked just fine, and so does this one. I always carry one or two in a little pouch on my camera strap, and more than once have needed one of them when I forgot and inadvertently left my main card in my computer after uploading some photos. These cards are so cheap now I recommend getting a few of them....

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.