Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 31, 2013
I would not recommend this card for anyone with a very high Megapixel camera.

30MB/second is not very fast. I'm not great at math, but this is a pretty simple problem:

A Nikon D800 has a 36 megapixel sensor and RAW files coming out of that camera can be around 50MB.

Writing a 36 MP photo that is 50 MB being written to a 30MB/sec card will take almost two seconds to write to this card. And that is under IDEAL conditions.

Now consider that you are taking 10 photos in a row in succession (such as with a burst mode. It will take you potentially 1/250 or 1/500 of a second or however fast your shutter speed is (plus lag) for the shutter to open and close and capture each photo.

BUT the photos then need to be added to the camera buffer and written to the card.

So, assuming the buffer of your camera can actually hold all 10 or 20 or 30 photos you took in burst mode, the camera needs to write them to the card and you will be waiting to use the camera in the meantime.

If, for example, you took 20 photos in burst mode and are capturing in RAW format, that's going to be 1000MB you need to write at 30MB/second.
In this example with a card of this speed, you will be waiting around __33 seconds__ until you can use your camera again!

That being said, for high megapixel cameras, you are going to be much better off with a faster card. If you can double the speed of the card, or even increase it by 50%, you are going to be writing faster and saving files faster and therefore able to using your camera for more shots faster.

But, for standard point and shoot users, who are taking a single photo at a time, this card should be fine.

JUST REMEMBER: You do not want to store ALL of your photos on one card ever. Make sure to change cards frequently (before they fill up) because if the one card you are using fries or dies, you will lose all of your photos.
on August 12, 2012
The sandisk ultra 32GB SDHC is a great card. You have more than enough space for the average user and the data transfer is very quick. I haven't ever had a problem with delayed tranfer.If you have a card that has lower class reading such as 4 versus this card's 10 you would notice the speed lag when you place the card under high performance demand. One way I test that is by placing my camera to sports mode for continuos (multiple shot) mode to capture my 10-15 shots per second or two. The lower the class the slower the card is able to transfer the data to the card in time in order to be ready for the next shot.

I'm very content with this card and has helped me store more video footage than I ever needed. I have also noticed that I am able to transfer my photos to my computer much faster because of the 30MB/s transfer speed.

So when your shopping and comparing prices make sure you're paying attention to class level which determines transfer rate. when i was shopping and initially comparing prices I noticed a difference in price of upto $10-15 and then realized it was due to class level (transfer speed level).

I hope this review helps you all with your shopping.
on March 25, 2012
I have this Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 30MB/s SD card. I have to say I am totally dispointed. It's SLOOOW. I did two speed tests.

First test was performed on a computer using a software named "CrystalDiskMark". I ran the test with 3 different SD cards on the same pc with same equipments and same setting.
Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 30MB/s SD card, Read 19.93MB/s and write 11.99MB/s.
Sandisk Extreme III 4GB class 6 SD (5 year old card), Read 18.67MB/s and write 16.67MB/s.
Transcend 16GB class 10 SD (8 month old), Read 18.74MB and write 17.25MB.

Second test was performed on Canon T3i DSLR with the same 3 SD cards tested above. In this test I set my DSLR to burst mode and TV mode with 1/50 sec. Within 30 seconds interval, I want to see how many pictures in RAW format my camera can shoot.
Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 30MB/s, 24 shots.
Sandisk Extreme III 4GB class 6, 34 shots
Transcend 16GB class 10, 33 shots.

As you can see this Sandisk Ultra card havs higher read speed. I belived my card reader is max out at 20MB/s. that's why it show 19.9MB/s read speed. However for a digital camera and camcorder, the write speed is more important than the read speed. Both tests clearly show that the Sandisk Ultra only meets class 10 rating but far behind the other two cards. The cheaper Transcend card can outperform this ultra card easily in write speed.
review image
1919 comments| 401 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 21, 2012
I bought this card and thought it should be fast since it is marked as a class 10 card. But after using it on my camera, I find the writing back took extremely long time. I tested it with both my PC and my MAC and got a surprising result. This card has a reading speed of 42MB/s and yes it is fast, but the writing is really poor which is only 7MB/s. Well, who cares about the reading speed when u use it in a camera?
on April 2, 2017
works great in my Canon Vixia HF R400, now I can make home movies in true HD and not have to switch out the memory card!
on June 15, 2017
This item work well with my toshiba at300 since purchasing it. So far I had no issue with it and the tablet is on almost 24/7.
on July 9, 2015
It does what it says it will, and does it well. I would buy it again, I have owned many sandisk memory cards and I have never had one fail on me or have any issues with quality.
on February 3, 2014
As a photographer, I shoot a lot of photos and have always trusted SanDisk. I bought this one to go in a point & shoot that I was giving as a gift to my child. It's excellent! Works as expected with no problems!
on April 18, 2012
I bought this for my new Nikon d3100, so far I have had no problems with it and it seems to keep up with the camera;s own speed just fine. The eye'fi's look pretty interesting but I see yo many reviews about corrupted pictures to trust them.
on July 12, 2014
This is the standard in photography camera data storage. High speed data transfers for less waiting when you take numerous back-to-back high-resolution (.RAW) photos. I recommend!